Freedom Wins in New York - DA Vance & Cuomo Finally Capitulate!!

Outstanding. Your perseverance paid off. Thanks for your dedication.

This is a big win for regular folks who might like to carry a pocket knife. It is especially important to visiting out of town or out of state folks who might carry what they're used to in their state. There is still a 4" blade length limit in effect.

This is a big win for regular folks who might like to carry a pocket knife. It is especially important to visiting out of town or out of state folks who might carry what they're used to in their state. There is still a 4" blade length limit in effect.

at least 4" covers about 98% of edc knives people would want to carry
anything bigger really deserves a fixed blade anyway (imho)

at least 4" covers about 98% of edc knives people would want to carry
anything bigger really deserves a fixed blade anyway (imho)
I'm pretty comfortable with a 4" limit. I assume that would include both folding and fixed bladed knives in NYC. I never personally wanted to carry anything larger than 4" in a folder. Is this ruling only applicable to NYC or state wide?

Awesome!
Not that I will ever go there again but congrats to the knife lovers of NYC. I will just carry my SOG Centi in my wallet if ever there (1.4" blade). Still no way in hell I would carry any regular pocket knife there. I just don't trust the police there.
Good job Doug and KnifeRights!

The change removed gravity knives from the definition of illegal weapons from the state law. The 4" and over restriction on carry is a NYC only law. The rest of NY doesn't have a state length restriction.

That's a fantastic victory Critter Critter . Congratulations! Now they'll have to just plant drugs on folks like the old days instead of using our hobby to arrest them.

I would not get too excited. They probably have a plan in the works to somehow eliminate all pocket knives from NYC, like they do with concealed carry for firearms. They are not to be trusted, IMHO.

Knife rights...please come to Canada.

As a Brooklyn native, I’m beyond ecstatic that this has finally happened! Huzzah to all those involved!

I'm pretty comfortable with a 4" limit. I assume that would include both folding and fixed bladed knives in NYC. I never personally wanted to carry anything larger than 4" in a folder. Is this ruling only applicable to NYC or state wide?

Never get comfortable with any type of oppression, its how the dang laws get out of hand in the first place. Give a milimeter they take 100 miles

Back