French regional knives...

Parapluie needed even in bright sunshine.
XLh9F2q.jpg

I'll look forward to seeing which one you choose, Christian!!;)

I had planned on ordering a shadow Laguiole with juniper covers and carbon steel blade from Renaud Aubry. But I stumbled upon this Laguiole en Aubrac d'Autrefois and I am mesmerized by it. Look at the shape of that blade! So sleek, so pointy, so elegant. What do I do? :(

50188280901_09a45e25ed_b.jpg

image by Maison En Provence

Hello,

Here is a little gift from a friend member of the Vieilles Lames association .
It's a little knife with an iron handle like they were made by tonnes in Thiers area .
This one's brand is "66 Menière" and belonged to a compagnie called "France exportation" .
This knife is not a Tony Bose knife or even a GEC but it reminds us a time when people were first asking to a knife to cut and for the smaller price possible .

50194612106_270afef683_c.jpg

50194064503_c1d0cf83fb_z.jpg

50194064493_7a9149d1b2_c.jpg

50194064488_8bc849f024_c.jpg

Â

We can be pretty sure that one of the reasons of this closure is the end of the French colonial empire .

Â
FE was also very strong at export, Spain being a main market, at such extent that 108 Girodias is almost forgotten in France but the name (made in China) still exist and famous.
navajas-girodias-108-la-original.jpg

La original! :D:D:D

Last edited:
I had planned on ordering a shadow Laguiole with juniper covers and carbon steel blade from Renaud Aubry. But I stumbled upon this Laguiole en Aubrac d'Autrefois and I am mesmerized by it. Look at the shape of that blade! So sleek, so pointy, so elegant. What do I do? :(

50188280901_09a45e25ed_b.jpg

image by Maison En Provence
Snap that sucka up quick like!!! LOL So elegant

It’s a pity the covers aren’t juniper, but this knife definitely has je ne sais quoi.

Yes, this Laguiole is larger than any I had considered before, but sometimes you see a knife that looks so right you just have to accept the artisan’s vision.
Big Boy is also very handsome! :)
"Wedding's knife" given to the bridegroom could be up to 30cm. :) They were very sleek, like this one. I guess there was a kind of hush in the dining room when you open her!
53654192laguiole-calmels-003-jpg.jpg
(19,5cm Calmels © Morin/Pézenas)

Back