GAW CLOSED! Special debuting knife Blade Show 2019 & GAW/Give Away

GAW CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!

During Blade Show 2019 WE will release a very special knife and visitors of Blade Show 2019 will be the first to have the opportunity for buying it. And especially for this debut, buyers will get a commorative gift with their purchase. But be warned, only very limited available.

Just a little bit about this knife (NO, NO, NO! No pictures yet. Something to guess remains......) & what makes it a very special debut:
  • Twenty years ago, this knife won an award during Blade Show. So this will be the 20st anniversary of this design.
  • Te original (20 years ago) and the revised design both done by the same designer.
I am very excited. Can't wait actually. I have handled the proto's since 9 months or so. And these are already so stunning.

Well, maybe, just maybe, I will post additional info/teasers in this topic.....

BTW guessing is allowed. Don't expect me to deny or confirm :) LOL

WE will provide a Tactical Pen for a gaw lottery for those who made a motivated guess. (Please! Motivation why do you think your guess is the dubuting knife!)

GAW CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Okay I'll take a guess - the William Henry S07 frame lock.

It won Best Knife in 2000 which is roughly 20 years ago. How time flies.

It looks like something WE would make. It’s a cool design for a 20 year old folder.

WilliamHenryS07GLinerLockLightweight-1000x1000-e1457481907493.jpg

Last edited:
My money is on the WE version of an Emerson Commander!

ETA: WE has began experimenting with out of pocket opening recently and have done a number of similar recurve blade profiles.

Also, it was the Blade Show knife of the year 20 years ago!

View attachment 1109443

Last edited:
Could be Chris Reeve Knives,which won best manufacturing quality 2000.
I think a SEBENZA with weight reducing pockets and m390 steel would float my boat.

Last edited:
My guess, Innovative award 1999...WE seems to like integrals, and I don't think I've seen a button lock from them.

Screenshot_20190414-084808_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Some nice guesses so far....Maybe, or maybe not, in the right direction.....:)

I edited the first posting with GAW info.

Thanks so far for your guesses. We decided to do a give away. All who posted their guess with a motivation why their guess might be our BS debuting knife, will make a chance to win a tactical pen. So if you posted your guess already, please check if is a motivated guess and edit if needed.

If you want to make a chance in the contest, please add your motivation for your choice.
I also already mentioned this one earlier:)

I also already mentioned this one earlier:)

In a WE Knife topic I posted a teaser of an upcoming Blade Show debuting knife: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/special-debuting-knife-blade-show-2019-gaw-give-away.1655052/

We decided to do a give away. Everyone is encouraged to make a motivated guess which knife design will be the debuting knife in that particular topic. Among those who submitted their motivated guess we will do a lottery. The price: a tactical pen. We will announce the winner (not especially the one who guessed right! Just a random pick of one of the participants/contesters.) and close the contest one week before the first article will be published appr mid may.

I didn’t figure it’d matter that you’d guessed this knife. I wouldn’t guess any other from that year.

Additionally, henkh henkh , my motivation is that it’s an all-metal curvy knife with some colorful aesthetic flair. It seems like WE’s style.

Lone wolf paul defender, WE doesn’t produce a stylistically similar knife and because I can’t do math.

Last edited:
Well not a sebenza necessarily,but a Chris Reeve collaboration of some kind would be great.WE knife co is tooled up at the moment and
can produce amazing knives at a reasonable cost.I currently carry a WE Pleroma and am amazed every time I use it.
Perhaps an integral design from Chris and WE would be well received.

Back