GAW CLOSED! Special debuting knife Blade Show 2019 & GAW/Give Away

The special debuting knife is:

Synergy2 designed by Jim O'Young, winner of the 1999 Most Innovative Design award. A few varieties of this full integral:

912_Synergy2(5)Bladeforums.jpg 912_Synergy2(6)bladeforums.jpg

It has been both an honor and privilege to work with the WE Knife team to continue & introduce the Synergy legacy to a new generation of cutlery enthusiasts.

The original 1999 Synergy was way ahead of its time. It featured a fully 3D sculpt machined 7075 Aluminum one piece, integral handle, 154CM blades flat ground from .141” stock, a floating bearing pivot, an increased engagement button lock and a tip down, stainless steel spoon clip. As such, it was voted Most Innovative American Design at the 1999 BLADE Show by its industry peers.

Using the look & 3D shape of the original as a starting point, the 2019 Synergy2 was completely redesigned and updated with a 6Al4V Titanium integral handle, framelock (w/ hardened locking surface) flipper deployment, ceramic ball bearing pivot and a tip up, fully machined, Titanium clip. The M390 blade is hollow ground from .125” stock for cutting performance.

The Synergy2 will be offered with upswept trailing point and tanto blades, plain Titanium, flamed Titanium and Titanium w/ inlaid shredded/marble carbon fiber (both on the front & back) handles.

I just received my production samples and am pleased to say that WE Knife executed all of the design details perfectly and ABSOLUTLY nailed the quality of the fit & finish. I hope, after seeing & feeling this knife, you will agree.

The WE Knife Synergy2 is a product that I am very proud to have my name associated with. This is the knife that I have always wanted to design & bring to market. Many thanks to the WE Knife team for making it happen & getting it right.

Stay sharp,

Jim

J Jim O'Young Thanks for joining the conversation and many thanks for explaining and clarifying some history. I was hoping you would join us, hence my brief info in the previous posting.

Congratulations Jim it has been a long time coming,I look forward to getting a look at the 2019 Synergy2 in person.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words and enthusiasm for this project. And special thanks to those who remember the original Synergy.

I'm off to the CMP in AL to compete in my 30th Steel Challenge World Speed Shooting Championship. On my return I look forward to seeing everyone at the BLADE Show and personally showing all of you the really cool features and WE's quality execution of the Synergy2 design.

Stay sharp,

Jim

Okay, here's the list of contenders. Please check if I included your name if you participated. It doesn't matter if your guess was right or wrong. Participating with a motivated guess is enough to make a chance.

Mmm.... is it fair to allow participants 3 days to check if I included their name? So in about 3 days I will randomly pick the winner.

True Talon : William Henry S07 - Best Knife Award +/- 20 years ago
Ryan Thompson : Emerson Commander - Knife of the Year Award 20 years ago
ice-pic : CRK Sebenza - Best Manufacturer 20 years ago
WValtakis : SpeedTech Synergy - Most American Innovative Award 20 years ago
Alsharif : Z-Hunter - no motivation - not in contest
orangejoe35 : : SpeedTech Synergy - Most American Innovative Award 20 years ago
rxavage : Lone Wolf Paul Defender - because we didn't do such a style before
rc75mhz : Emerson Commander - no motivation - not in contest
knoefz : Emerson Commander - Knife of the Year Award 20 years ago
TheEdge01 : Emerson Commander - Knife of the Year Award 20 years ago
skwave : Sog Vision - imported knife of the year award 1999
MrCookie : Kershaw 1510 - First Assisted knife in collab with Ken Onion
DirtyDan : William Henry S07 - Best Knife Award +/- 20 years ago - Because Wharcliffs are less represented
Brhowser87 : SpeedTech Synergy - Most American Innovative Award 20 years ago
Monofletch : SpeedTech Synergy - Most American Innovative Award 20 years ago
MrCookie : SpeedTech Synergy - Most American Innovative Award 20 years ago - out of contest double entry, not important because it doesn't matter if the guess is right or wrong
insta9ves : Sog Vision - imported knife of the year award 1999
t.willy : SpeedTech Synergy - Most American Innovative Award 20 years ago
dano : SpeedTech Synergy - Most American Innovative Award 20 years ago

Working for WE Knife Company, I am also a collector myself for many years.
So now the debut of the Synergy2 is approaching I felt an enormous urge to get me an original Synergy. And I succeeded....on this forum I found an old thread of someone offering his Synergy. So I contacted him. Turned out he sold that one he offered but he had another one, more rare even. But was willing to sell.
Here a picture:
IMG_5370.jpg

That's awesome! I didn't even think to look for one:(

~Chip

hello, henkh,im glad its going to you , ive had it for many years I thought it was time to move it along, hope you like it as much as I did.This original model was way ahead of its time,an integral from 20 years ago.Super smooth and the anodizing is amazing; this one called black rose.Pictures don't do it justice.

Okay, I finalized the list with contesters for the GAW:
1. @True Talon
2. @Ryan Thompson
3. ice-pic ice-pic
4. WValtakis WValtakis
5. @Alsharif
6. @orangejoe35
7. @rxavage
8. @rc75mhz
9. @knoefz
10. @TheEdge01
11. @skwave
12. M MrCookie
13. @dirtydan
14. @Brhowser87
15. @Monofletch
16. MrCookie
17. @insta9ves
18.@t.willy
19. @dano

I used a Random Name picker to draw the winner.
list1.png

list2.png

And the Winner:
winner.png

Please contact me by PM with your address + phone number and your preference for a black or gray Pen.

Holy crap, I won! Thanks so much, I'll take a gray pen...PM incoming:D

~Chip

I can't wait to check it out at Blade! henkh henkh , could you post a pic to hold me over until next week?

Sorry, I do not have a picture available and everything is already shipped to Atlanta.

Edit: Wait....
IMG_2268-scaled.jpg

Last edited:
Back