GAW CLOSED! Special debuting knife Blade Show 2019 & GAW/Give Away

My guess, Innovative award 1999...

View attachment 1110304

I like this guess as well. It does seem to fit in with what WE has going. And it reminds me of a teaser pic Henk posted a while back that I have been waiting for and yet have seen no further mention of. I’ll find the pic.

henkh henkh I updated my original guess of the Emerson Commander with why I think that’s what it will be.

I like this guess as well. It does seem to fit in with what WE has going. And it reminds me of a teaser pic Henk posted a while back that I have been waiting for and yet have seen no further mention of. I’ll find the pic.

henkh henkh I updated my original guess of the Emerson Commander with why I think that’s what it will be.
I like your motivation!

Thanks for doing this henkh henkh very exiting! :)
I guess/hope there'll be a WE knives version of the '99 "Overall knife of the year" awarded Emerson Commander, there's so much to like about this knife.
An integral ti framelock flipper version on ceramic bearings by WE knives would be a nice upgrade that brings it to this era and show off WE knives' amazing fabrication skills :)
emerson-commander.jpg

Goodluck everyone! And thanks for the chance.

Emerson Commander!!!

The main inspiration is the Commander was knife of the year 20 years ago.
As far as I know WE doesn’t have any Emerson designs in their lineup.

Mods, I can't seem to get the image right in my previous post, and I can't edit it out.

I am going to go with the Kershaw 1510 (Random Task) designed by Ken Onion. It was the first Speedsafe knife for Kershaw. I would guess that WE are working with Ken Onion to make an assisted opening knife.
It won in 1998.

My guess is that it is the William Henry S07 because wharncliffe blades are less represented! Thanks for the opportunity!

My guess is some version of the 1999 speedtech synergy. Looking at WE designs it seems like (to me at least) what would best fit with the direction WE is going.

Thanks for the teaser and the GAW.

Well, so far, some nice motivated guesses which make sense. Not too many guesses so statistically the chance is high to be the winner (participating with a motivated guess is the only criterium). within appr 3 weeks I will do the announcement. So still time to join.

The Speedtech Synergy.
This thread prompted me to look back in the past a little. The Synergy was ahead of its time and introduced features that have taken 10-15 years to become expected on high end folding knives. If the designer does a refresh that introduces more innovations, it could put WE in another league; ahead of the competition.
The production folding knife industry at times feels a little stale. Those of us that love knives are eager to get the next new innovative knife into our collections (and EDC rotations). A Synergy II would bring a lot of excitement to the knife market!

Sog Vision because it won imported knife of the year on 1999.
I personally like the design and with Axis lock patent expired, perhaps WE can make this model with a similar lock

My guess is the Speedtech Synergy. Because of Henkh teaser pick a while back.

Last edited:
This GAW is closed now because this week we will start with the public announcements.

I want to thank all of you giving their ideas and suggestions. Next week I will make the announcement of the winner. This week I am not able to do this because of the Thiers show in France.

Back