GEC #35 Churchill Thread

It is a pattern that continues to surprise me, the snap is getting very loud now the more I use it:thumbsup:

Actually, I think GEC offered good scale options despite what some people initially felt. I mean you have wood in the form of Ebony which is always attractive and wears so well ( Zebra would've been nice but nobody seems to use it now) Very decent jigged bone in the Cougar Claw which is what I have, a wonderful Old School Cell type in the acrylic Hummingbird, Smooth Bone (Appaloosa would suit well) and then there's Stag and Stag, always something there to suit one's taste. Talking of fat Stag, it may look a touch odd but on a single-spring knife it can actually be really ergonomic in the hand, the swell filling the palm ensuring excellent grip. I have this CASE Mini Copperlock in some really horrible looking Stag, nearly smooth like bone with this massive 'hump' in the middle- think hideous snake that's swallowed some poor thing whole:D:eek: However, it makes for super handling and is far better than my other Mini Copperlocks which have thin skimpy bone slabs, not good to work with.:(

I'd be keen to get a Stag 'worker' too if the right one presented itself, nothing does ageing like Stag:thumbsup:

Here's my Cougar on a very nice Bison leather pouch that Bob Big Biscuit gave to me shortly before he died, ever renewed homage Bob!:cool:

sBe3PIF.jpg
Great photograph of that beauty and the pouch is awesome !!

For anyone concerned about the spring dropping: It's noticeable, so if it's one of your pet peeves, you might want to think twice. It doesn't feel as bad as it looks in a magnified picture.
View attachment 817907

View attachment 817908

Worth it! :thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

Rachael, I did the same thing as did many others here. I too really like the drop in the sheepfoot. I hit the back spring and liners with 600 wet/dry sand paper and progressed up to 1500 grit. I doubt anyone handling my knife could even tell the difference now. That slight ridge just blended itself away.

View attachment 817929 View attachment 817928 View attachment 817927 The 35 Churchhill is my "Knife of 2017". Had to have another one just in case. I hate feeling regret!!!;):D
I'm not one to buy multiples of a single pattern but...... I do think once these are gone there will be a lot of regret for those that missed out. While this is my first GEC, this knife really seems to be a home run for them. Splendidly versatile set of blades with some really nice looking cover options.
Some of these will eventually end up for sale at a high mark-up. Not letting go of mine! :D:D

I'm curious how it effected the spring in the blade open position?
Thanks,
Rick
Rachael, I did the same thing as did many others here. I too really like the drop in the sheepfoot. I hit the back spring and liners with 600 wet/dry sand paper and progressed up to 1500 grit. I doubt anyone handling my knife could even tell the difference now. That slight ridge just blended itself away.

Back