GEC #35 Churchill Thread

Great photograph and site !! Look like a great place to gather on a cold evening :thumbsup:

Thank you Gev. I always enjoy seeing glimpses of where and how different members of the porch live. So I try to do the same. It is amazing that we are able to share this hobby worldwide.

39731508502_67c303c484_b.jpg

That short blade whatch call it, gets the most use on mine.

Attachments

• D87E51D1-2477-478E-A40E-ECE799EA22A6.jpeg
    D87E51D1-2477-478E-A40E-ECE799EA22A6.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 19
I hope to get some time in the next couple of days to add to that most excellent thread Your Groove-ness! :D
But I do appreciate you saying so...... :)

Dave

Fine domed pins on that Cougar Claw Ironbut. To me it makes a lot of difference to the quality look of a knife, just can't stand sink-hole pins mixed with flush or domed pins...:eek:

I have to add my new arrival as well. Thank you Ed for a great knife and price my friend. I'm fortunate to own this one:thumbsup:

My apologies for the redundant picture pose. I snap my recent pics just outside the back door of our store, I'm sure my fellow store owners are wondering what the heck I'm doing! or maybe not:eek:
2i05Ye.jpg

BfpeFT.jpg

Damn it. This is another thread I've been following for a good few months and now I think I need to pick one of these up. The blade configuration and size really make this model seem like the perfect no-nonsense, useful knife.

All the gorgeous photos that keep being posted are eroding my sensibilities and this has been a great thread to peruse. Thanks to everyone who's taken the time to put up all the eye candy!

The #35 Churchill is easily my favorite GEC release of 2017, trumping even the spectacular run of 78s that continue to bedazzle us as the latest variants arrive at our collective doorsteps.

The Churchill was released with little fanfare and limited cover options, yet it has seemingly endeared itself to just about everyone who has had the opportunity to experience it. It is simply a superb knife with its stout clip blade and razor thin sheepfoot. All finely crafted on a single spring design in a very pocketable equal end frame. In my opinion, the ebony covers were the best of the run, but some of the stag I've seen has my resolve faltering a bit...

I think history is going to look rather kindly on this particular release. GEC did a fine job on this one. I've been hard pressed to carry anything else really, it is that good of a knife...

Fine domed pins on that Cougar Claw Ironbut. To me it makes a lot of difference to the quality look of a knife, just can't stand sink-hole pins mixed with flush or domed pins...:eek:

Thanks Will. Both sides are done like that. I guess that's kinda hard to do consistently with the Cougar Claw, due to the deep grooves & high ridges.

That's got a lot of good color! You'll have to keep tracking the maturation with periodic pictures and share them with us here.

Oh, I'm sure you haven't seen the last of this one. My micarta has been in my pocket almost every day since I got it last Fall, but now it's going to have to share time with this one. I expect it to mellow out nicely.

I have to add my new arrival as well. Thank you Ed for a great knife and price my friend. I'm fortunate to own this one:thumbsup:
My apologies for the redundant picture pose. I snap my recent pics just outside the back door of our store, I'm sure my fellow store owners are wondering what the heck I'm doing! or maybe not:eek:
2i05Ye.jpg

BfpeFT.jpg

Very nice color on that one, Paul!

2i05Ye.jpg

BfpeFT.jpg
You got a nice one my friend . I suppose that some day I will wish that I had picked up another one . I did not think I would ever like a non-jack as much as I like the 35 . Congrats on another fine knife Paul !!!!

Harry

2i05Ye.jpg

BfpeFT.jpg

Man o man !!! Beautiful specimen Paul

The #35 Churchill is easily my favorite GEC release of 2017, trumping even the spectacular run of 78s that continue to bedazzle us as the latest variants arrive at our collective doorsteps.

The Churchill was released with little fanfare and limited cover options, yet it has seemingly endeared itself to just about everyone who has had the opportunity to experience it. It is simply a superb knife with its stout clip blade and razor thin sheepfoot. All finely crafted on a single spring design in a very pocketable equal end frame. In my opinion, the ebony covers were the best of the run, but some of the stag I've seen has my resolve faltering a bit...

I think history is going to look rather kindly on this particular release. GEC did a fine job on this one. I've been hard pressed to carry anything else really, it is that good of a knife...

Great read Dylan :cool::thumbsup:

I remember you
Your the one that made my dreams come true
Like stars that fell
Like rain drops out of the blue
When my life is through
And the angels ask me to recall
The thrill of them all
I'll remember you

Thanks Dylan! :)

Gevonovich Gevonovich paulhilborn paulhilborn Ain’t life grand when you have a beautiful Stag Churchill in your pocket!!! :thumbsup: :D

indeed :D:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back