GEC 38 English Whittler 2021

eYTbffk.jpg

These 38’s were a long overdue for me. I had jumped in the game late 16’ and didn’t really start going after multiblades for a few years. That was a mistake as I now prefer 3 blade knives.

I had looked for 38W’s long before this run so I was really excited when these were announced. I love how they turned out!

A
I'm not typically one to sharpen a knife upon arrival, I like to carry it a bit and then decide what I want out of the knife or blade. On this one, I knew what I wanted when it was put on the production schedule.;) So when it arrived today (worth the wait) I took some time to reprofile the edge on every blade to my carving preference. It already looks at home in the shop, don't you think?
hKUsEbX.jpg
Always love seeing your carvings. Impressive work.

That’s a beautiful set of 38’s. You have a favorite?

eYTbffk.jpg

These 38’s were a long overdue for me. I had jumped in the game late 16’ and didn’t really start going after multiblades for a few years. That was a mistake as I now prefer 3 blade knives.

I had looked for 38W’s long before this run so I was really excited when these were announced. I love how they turned out!

That’s a beautiful set of 38’s. You have a favorite?

My favorite is the American whittler since it was so darn hard for me to get my hands on. I really enjoy the English whittler too and of those three its Really hard to pick a favorite. I know the jigged bones seem to be what everyone is preferring but I really like the bloodwoods myself. This is the only run I grabbed more than one cover option when a knife has been released. I prefer 3 blades in the whittler configuration so this release has had me more excited than any other in the last 4 years I’ve been collecting GEC’s.

That AW is a beauty for sure. Really like the clip point on that one. This run was the first 38s I’ve bought for myself and I’m really impressed with the F&F, especially the jigged. The Bloodwood really looks amazing in the sunlight.
My favorite is the American whittler since it was so darn hard for me to get my hands on. I really enjoy the English whittler too and of those three its Really hard to pick a favorite. I know the jigged bones seem to be what everyone is preferring but I really like the bloodwoods myself. This is the only run I grabbed more than one cover option when a knife has been released. I prefer 3 blades in the whittler configuration so this release has had me more excited than any other in the last 4 years I’ve been collecting GEC’s.

That AW is a beauty for sure. Really like the clip point on that one. This run was the first 38s I’ve bought for myself and I’m really impressed with the F&F, especially the jigged. The Bloodwood really looks amazing in the sunlight.

It’s a pretty large clip point to my standards. Here is it next to a 48 frame queen which is a pretty common size for me. The knife is so slim for having 3 usable blades. All my GEC wedge spring whittlers have been very well made which will always get me excited when I hear them come on the production schedule.

XSvT6F1.jpg

That OKCA club knife is a dandy!

eYTbffk.jpg

My Northfield bone came in over the weekend so I can finally pose it with the bloodwood. Surprised to say that I didn't get the proud spring on either knife. This is my first chance to compare Northfield and Tidioute versions of the same model in hand and it's helping me understand the differences better than I have just from looking at pictures. Sorry for all the fingerprints but can't keep my hands off them.
J8KAKbS.jpg
aGUFbJ4.jpg

Back