GEC #46 Whaler

It says on the production schedule the abalone will have a “bear shield”. Iron wood will have a Straight bar shield and muscle bone will have a large bomb shield. I’ll be interested to see what the bear shield will look like, but won’t be getting one as I’m not in that knife club, or any other for that matter.

Maybe it will. But it sounds by what the people in the club said Bill Howard said that it will not. We'll see.

Is there any place still taking reservations on these? I'd dearly love to get one.

IMG_3801.jpg

Oh my goodness

I like that shield so much better than the plain bar. I am even more excited to get my grubby mitts on mine.

Wow, as with many of you, this is not what I expected when I read "bar." Very interesting.

Yeah, not what I was expecting, but they really brought the hotness with that one.

I wasn't thinking about this shield with bar, but I'll take it! I really like how the tang stamps on these are arched and follow the curve of the bolster. I have been waiting anxiously for years. Getting real excited about this.

The one I own is 4.25" (#36 Crimson Grizzly jigged bone). It is a monster like you said. It has the same shield as the new ones pictured above. I bought it a number of years ago when I was first searching for the GEC model that was "right for me". This one was simply too heavy and I questioned whether I would utilize the utility of the wide blade. So, it is essentially brand new and unused. I eventually settled on the #42 which is the same closed length, but I also like the smaller frames too. I believe there are a couple different sizes, that's why I asked.

Wow, that shield takes my expectations up a notch. Nice.

I am on a reserve for one. Any idea what the price might be based on earlier releases?

Back