GEC #56 Dogleg Jack Spear

This ended up being a very colorful run with some cool shields. Picked up a nice example of the mustard bone today in the mail from dispatch184 dispatch184 to finish up the six GEC single blades to go along with three of the Fayettes.

Eyf5gze.jpg
Glad you like that mustard bone, I feel better parting with it seeing such a cool collection! Very nice my friend

Bringing up the thread to ask how has your opinion on the #56's of 2018 aged. Still any love for them? I am considering purchase of single bladed tidioute, but not really sure. I didn't like it when it was released, but #66 recently opened my eyes to curved patterns.

Bringing up the thread to ask how has your opinion on the #56's of 2018 aged. Still any love for them? I am considering purchase of single bladed tidioute, but not really sure. I didn't like it when it was released, but #66 recently opened my eyes to curved patterns.

I just finished up a 2-month EDC using my 2-blade Mardi Gras from 2018. I really loved the knife. Smooth pulls (no half stops). It did everything I needed it to. If you go with a single blade it’ll be a slimmer knife in hand. You can’t go wrong with a 56.

Like them very much indeed, but then, I value the Spear blade and prefer single-blades or Penknives to Jacks. Very smooth action on these and a decent size yet unobtrusive, they can be something of a bargain too as other patterns occupy more attention. Like that too;)

CaT1ebp.jpg

Thank you all for the reactions. I prefer no half stops, size between 3 1/2 and 3 3/4 is about perfect and I still do not own a jigged bone knife. Heck, why is it not on the way to me yet?

Quite a collection you have, Will. I can't help thinking you're Finish. Maybe it is your nickname Will Power -suomalainen sisu, you know.

My Appaloosa 56 remains a regular for work, going to the office at least 4 times a week. For me the 56 is still going strong and the pattern remains one of my favorites even after multiple offerings coming from GEC since it was released. For me the single-blade is the perfect length,width and weight for front-pocket carry. Treat yourself to the pattern!
20190706_151817_resized.jpg

The single blade #56 is still my favorite pattern "in pocket".
It also has one of the smoothest actions of any of my knives.
It doesn't get as much pocket time as I like, I'm not a big fan of wide spear blades.
So in short, it's my favorite to carry but not my favorite to use.

Back