GEC #77 Medium Barlow Impressions

On hold for 53 minutes just to find out that it was addressed correctly. We'll see if I can intercept it tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Good luck man! I had a similar issue recentl with a package, it was supposed to go to a W Madison street in a city just outside of Madison, WI...instead they sent it to the West Side Madison post office. Took an extra couple days and tracking stopped working, but I did get it safe and sound two days later.

Got my Sambar Stag ordered. I will post pictures as soon as I get it. Very excited for this pattern.

Mike -

Just received my ebony and sawcut. I would only be repeating the complements that everyone else has already written if I were to give my impression. So, to keep it short, well done sir! I really hope the Marlow is here to run a while and allow a few different configurations to emerge.

Thank you for another amazing SFO!
My only fault is on my end for not saving enough to get the others.

Last edited:
Man, these are going to be awesome when they get around to a single blade model. Sawcut bone single blade Barlow?? Please???

I got my stag one selected today as well, super excited! I was really afraid I'd miss out on all my favorite stag as I was at the end of the list, but one of the ones that made my top 5 overall was still left when my turn was up. Honestly couldn't beleive it was still there, can't wait to see it in person.

Really love these Northfield bolsters, hard to match the design of the TC barrows but I think these did it, the NF logo looks incredible.

I got my stag one selected today as well, super excited! I was really afraid I'd miss out on all my favorite stag as I was at the end of the list, but one of the ones that made my top 5 overall was still left when my turn was up. Honestly couldn't beleive it was still there, can't wait to see it in person.

Really love these Northfield bolsters, hard to match the design of the TC barrows but I think these did it, the NF logo looks incredible.

I got in pretty early and still had a lot to pick from. There were 2 I was torn apart in picking, but I think the choice I made should look great. Now its just the wait.

Tracking said it was delivered today at 3:00
I got home at 7:00 pm , no package in mail box .
"Tricked" ?

Tracking said it was delivered today at 3:00
I got home at 7:00 pm , no package in mail box .
"Tricked" ?

Start discussing and picturing the knives guys. This discussion has drifted way off topic.

Start discussing and picturing the knives guys. This discussion has drifted way off topic.

Yea, he's right. All this talk of tracking info is pretty boring. Sorry for munging it up. Hopefully, I'll have some pics tomorrow.

My 3 (sawcut,camel and pioneer) should be here tomorrow!!

I am insanely excited for these knife, as I love a good barlow and this blade combo is just perfect.

I have to repeat the sentiments of some of you that I hope this pattern turns into the 15 in regards to multiple releases, blade combos and covers :)

This has been quite a HUGE month for GEC fans!!!

A+ SFO from collectorknives. The thin grinds on these blades are pretty nuts. Pictured next to the other knives I have from Mike.
I am GLAD these had half-stops, as I believe all Barlows should, and hope this stays the same on future runs.

FullSizeRender_zpsa5ab9e63.jpg

Got my Red Bone and Blackwood! These knives are absolutely outstanding. Mike undersold the red camel bone they are gorgeous in person, Kind of light around the edges and darker in the center with some very dark streaks. Pretty dynamic really. Definitely shows some of the Appaloosa effect he was after, perhaps not to the degree he wanted but still fantastic.

The blade combo is perfect imo, both are perfectly centered with great walk & talk, and it isn't uncomfortable in the hand at all using either blade. The blades are ground very thin and the wharnie exceptionally so.

I am so satisfied with these knives. Only wish I could've got a saw cut too.

It's a cloudy rainy day here so I had to take the pics indoors but I'll get better ones up - with the good camera - as soon as the sun comes out.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414859590.085981.jpg

Last edited:
I received my two yesterday, a sawcut and an African blackwood. Everything that has been said about these is spot on! Great fit and finish, about a 7 on the pull, centered, good walk and talk and the bolsters looks very classy! Mike and GEC knocked it out of the park. I'm going to say that I think the 77 frame is more comfortable then the 15. That little extra length makes the fit in the hand feel so much better, for me anyway. Hoping Mike does some more combo's of these with some other scales too! It's Mike money that has to be fronted but I know I'm in for two of these, if not more, if he adds a caplifter with a clip! I honestly think they would fly off the shelf in record fashion! Great job Mike and I look forward to more down the road! I'll add pics tomorrow!

Mine came in yesterday. Great size, useful blade combo, and the wharncliffe doesn't stick out too high. I think this is a winner. Also, it reminds me of the 2009 Queen Forum knife except a little bigger and in 1095 instead of D2 (although mine in African Blackwood, not stag). No pics to show yet but I'll add them once I get them uploaded.

My impression is this....buy one......you will love it! The sawed bone will be in my pocket for a long time. Great job Mike!

IMG_0903_zps30f9903f.jpg
[/IMG]

Back