GEC #77 Medium Barlow Impressions

As a UK BF member I'm a tad gutted we can't get these over here

I will be waiting eagerly for the tidioute

Well, my Sambar Stag arrived today and it is a beauty. I picked a pretty knobby one and am very happy with how it looks. Here are a few quick pics, I apologize the quality isn't better. Great job Mike!

Looks really nice!!! USPS says mine was supposed to be here today but doesn't look like that is going to happen, so hopefully tomorrow. Looking forward to getting a feel for the knife with these large bolsters and stag, always liked the idea of a stag handled barlow.

The stag looks awesome Steel130! Can't wait to see the rest of the stag photos. Mine should be arriving any day...

Just got around to perusing this thread and I have to congratulate everyone that got in on these barrows! They are all stunning, but the character on those pioneer bone guys...well, wow!

Thanks guys. Hopefully both of yours will arrive today as well. I don't think it will disappoint.

My 2 showed up today and all I can say is wow! What a great knife, for me it's the perfect size with 2 great blades. I was not going to buy 2 but after I reserved mine Mike offered bottom of the barrel stag at a nice discount. I figured I would get a bottom of the barrel and carry it everyday and not worry about messing it up. Mike threw a wrench in the works when the bottom of the barrel showed up being very nice, thanks,Mike:) First knife is bottom of barrel.
IMG_2754_zps7afbe90c.jpg

IMG_2755_zps2843759e.jpg

IMG_2758_zpse528683a.jpg

IMG_2759_zpsc7d4913a.jpg

IMG_2760_zpseb04286b.jpg

IMG_2763_zps379444db.jpg

Steel, Augie, congratulations on the nice looking stags! They look great! Just a good looking yet rugged knife! Thanks for taking time to post photos.

Curtis

Those stag look great. My 2nd hand pioneer bone arrived today and I am really enjoying it. Sure to fit right in with its brethren.

imagejpg1_zpsa8a7101c.jpg

I can only hope, with all this great reception, that we're gonna see more of these in the future. If I had had the cash, I would've gotten four of them, but Mr. Elias keeps insisting the rent be paid EVERY month.

May I suggest, for the single blade Marlows in the next run 😉, fossilized cave bear teeth covers...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415219351.522140.jpg

This beautiful Saw Cut arrived today and I'm am thrilled:thumbup:

Jone, aka Jennifer and I worked a great trade and this one arrived today...just a very impressive knife. I'm off today so I'm looking forward to using this tomorrow @ work;)

Kz46uQ.png

D1zODp.jpg

Those stags look great Augie! And congrats on the sawcut Paul! I was lucky enough to land a sawcut secondary myself thanks to Dan (Parke1). Can't wait to get it!! My stag should be arriving any day now too... Christmas in November!! Thanks again Mike for running these!

Received mine today. Here is the deal... the quality is as good as I have seen on a GEC. Both blade shapes are amazing. I never owned Abalone before and I love the way it looks.
Very Very cool.
0e9c7111-2ad0-4b6c-b2a8-16024f3c12f5_zpsca200b05.jpg

f80d30d6-2ac2-4323-ba5d-ba2cac216772_zps26400413.jpg

3b26f802-fc96-4309-9885-c7437abc81a6_zps5fc1b4b5.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! I've never been an Abalone guy, but those photos are sure making me warm up to it. Just gorgeous Todd!!

Wow, more gorgeous Marlows. I don't think I've seen one I didn't think was absolutely beautiful.

An update on my love affair with this pattern: It has grown on me sooo much in the last few days. There's something about having two just fantistic, amazing blades to choose from at any given time. And the size, weight, balance... beefy and workmanlike but not "bulky" at all. Hands down my favorite knives, displacing my friend the 100-year old ebony schrade.

By the way... would it be improper to ask how many were made of each material?

Back