GEC #86 2021: Angus Jack, 2AB, Spring Street Barlow (BF Knife)

Still my favorite GEC of 2021! šŸ„°

a2h4d7Q.jpg

Dropped out of the mailbox Thursday. As y'all can see, a Red & Black Linen Micarta 2AB . Pretty nice. It'll be a user so, I filed the sharp edge of the exposed tang when closed to make it more pocket friendly and honed the 440C stainless edge.

1655612214208.png

Two weeks ago I was lucky enough to have these arrived from my North Dakota Post Master.

Wow!!!!!!! absolutely Stunning, as hard as it is to better any of the 86 models, that White Bone comes in a close first - the Quality of these Knives is outstanding, here they are.....

So proud to own these...

HxnoTD2.jpg

2zp2ROQ.jpg
Yay! At last! šŸ„³ They're very impressive aren't they Duncan? :cool: :thumbsup:

Merle is just saying 'Hi'! :D ;) :thumbsup:

nhhlqAT.jpg

Merle is looking good. If I'm going to use these #86s, I file the sharp edge of the tang, as shown in the picture, that's exposed when the blade is closed. Makes it much easier on the pocket - keeps holes to the minimum.

Merle is looking good. If I'm going to use these #86s, I file the sharp edge of the tang, as shown in the picture, that's exposed when the blade is closed. Makes it much easier on the pocket - keeps holes to the minimum.
Thanks Ed, good tip, that problem seems to be a particular issue with some GECs. I've made a couple of them less sharp, but I always carry my knives in leather slips anyway :) Fortunately Merle came already wearing one ;) :thumbsup:

Mate, to get anything from that side of the world to here is a logistical nightmare at the moment. I did not even attempt to get last years forum knife for that reason. Thankfully for Duncan he actually got them. :) šŸ¤ .
I see on the NZ biker forums I am on its hard to get motorbike bits and pieces as well at reasonable prices even if you can get it posted.

the rendezvous has finally allowed me to finish this run,
dx34YTj.jpg
wow that's a great set,the white certainly stands out.

My red and black linen micarta is just to perfect (if that makes sense) I am looking to find someone in England who can replace it with wooden scales to make it less perfect (maybe).

Back