GEC GAW

In!

I hope this 7 second clip shows up- enjoy!

Trivia~ (you’re reading it on the internet, so you know it’s true)
The preferred moniker was “Cowhand”.
It signified being fully proficient in handling cattle- a journeyman.

A “Cowboy” was exactly that-young, an apprentice. Often made to ride drag-behind the herd keeping stragglers in line, where all the dust was.

“Cowpoke”, and “Cattlepuncher” meant one of the railyard hangers on whose job was to use sticks poked through the fences and cattle chutes to keep them moving into the railcars. Often the older, busted up cowhands who could no longer ride, sometimes just the local drunks. Often used as a joking insult between cowhands.

Thanks!

edit: bad internet connection...
Maybe this link is better!
Great clip.

Great GAW knife and idea. I'm not in, though. I don't like being the only guy who wants to win for himself.
That's a slight exaggeration, perhaps.
Ok, I'm in.
nMsQ5e1.jpg

I never win these things but I sincerely appreciate your generosity. In the lightning-strike chance I should win this contest, this honker would be a field user for me. Here’s a pic of John Wayne, my favorite fictional cowboy. My dad loved the guy and I grew up watching and pretty much worshipping this badass. Congrats to the winner and cheers to you, OP, for your generosity to the porch: the best part of this awesome forum.
D95A4C7F-51E3-4B60-875F-14E4D664773A.jpeg

810p2rmdwjL._AC_SY679_.jpg

Thats me above. ;)

I remember when I was young (70s/80s) and I never understood why my dad and grandpa liked cowboy movies. I watched them but wasn't crazy about movie length ones. Was a big lone ranger fan back then though and it inspired endless Cowboy and Indian games alone and with friends.
As I got into young adulthood I saw them more e and appreciated them more. There are a few stations on regular tv called WE and GRIT which have all day cowboy shows on now, and as I don't pay for TV I can watch for hours. I watch Laramie, Rifleman, Gunsmoke, Wanted Dead or Alive, and so on, then theres movies on at night. I can't get enough. Honestly thats when shows and movies were good and I don't enjoy the new stuff anymore.

I'm in for the knife. I appreciate the generosity. I may give it to my dad if I win as thats okay.

810p2rmdwjL._AC_SY679_.jpg

Thats me above. ;)

I remember when I was young (70s/80s) and I never understood why my dad and grandpa liked cowboy movies. I watched them but wasn't crazy about movie length ones. Was a big lone ranger fan back then though and it inspired endless Cowboy and Indian games alone and with friends.
As I got into young adulthood I saw them more e and appreciated them more. There are a few stations on regular tv called WE and GRIT which have all day cowboy shows on now, and as I don't pay for TV I can watch for hours. I watch Laramie, Rifleman, Gunsmoke, Wanted Dead or Alive, and so on, then theres movies on at night. I can't get enough. Honestly thats when shows and movies were good and I don't enjoy the new stuff anymore.

I'm in for the knife. I appreciate the generosity. I may give it to my dad if I win as thats okay.
This is probably my favorite pic ever of JW. Also, all those wondering if it’s okay to give the knife to someone else. Damn straight, it’s your knife to do what you please.

I am in!!
This is me branding a calf... is that cow boy enough?

lX996Eo.jpg

Here is one of the knives I had in my pockets. Just in case we needed to cut any of the calves. This time, they were all small enough for the bander, so we did not need to cut any.

eZszi9C.jpg

Absolutely sweet prize. I missed out on that pattern, and love the big ones!

I would EDC that so hard!

Back