GEC Q & A! keep it clean, NO discussion! for beginners, advanced and experts

I had thought it was a colloquialism for kids running for the scattered remains of a piñata. Not that he didn’t maybe use it here first.

These look very nice, but I couldn't bring myself to buy one. Knivesshipfree has a ridiculously high charge for international shipping, the knives themselves are very highly priced, and the whole concept of GEC producing nicer quality knives under a different label to be sold in a 'lolly scramble' a bit annoying.

But nice knives, gotta admit that.
This is the earliest example in an exhaustive search of bladeforums literature. It’s from May 17, 2016

Yup, it was me. But I coined it with regret! I started GEC collecting in 2015 - just at the end of the good ol days.

Yup, it was me. But I coined it with regret! I started GEC collecting in 2015 - just at the end of the good ol days.

yeah i remember that fall 2015, i remember being able to get a whole bunch of 15s well my favorite story is that there was an ebony 77 that sat on gunstockjack gunstockjack 's site and sat for weeks. i had time to decided if i wanted it. and i ended up buying it and having it modded. still have it now with my modded collection.

Does anyone know why GEC initially numbered the majority of their knives? Was it Bill's idea or Ken's?

Stamping numbers on the bolster seems like sacrilege to me, kinda like marring perfection.

Who came up with the term 'lolly scramble' to describe the Great GEC Hunt? Meako? I want to make sure we give that wordsmith the proper credit. I've seen the term used in at least a couple of other forums.
If I recall correctly it was tsarbomber... during his rants about GEC before he was banned. Funny thing is, the lollyscramble he was referring to was the early days of the scramble... Hardly a scramble at all if compared to current times. It was a term that he used when you (gasp) only had an hour or two to get a GEC before sold out.

Back