Gettin' Jiggy With It - Jigged Bone Photos

F131FBC1-D57C-4229-8F4F-02027A485588_zpsj5sniufp.jpeg

1978 Case 6207... Anybody know what color this is?
It looks Brown, in some lights you can see Red, and there is definitely some Mottle around the bolsters.
John, Yes, I know what color that is. It's brown.:D:D
Sorry, couldn't resist.

EDIT: I think some Case collectors refer to that color as "purdy bone"
(pretty bone)

It's usually found on Case knives starting in the mid to late 70's and going into the late 80's, I think. Not positive on the end date.

IMO.:)

Last edited:
John, Yes, I know what color that is. It's brown.:D:D
Sorry, couldn't resist.

EDIT: I think some Case collectors refer to that color as "purdy bone"
(pretty bone)

It's usually found on Case knives starting in the mid to late 70's and going into the late 80's, I think. Not positive on the end date.

IMO.:)

Thank you, Mark. That's more information than I was able to find online. I kept finding "Red Bone" and "Appaloosa Bone" only. I was thinking "Brown Bone" too, but figured Case would probably have a cooler name for it. "Purdy Bone" sounds kinda cool though, I'm going with that. :D :cool: :thumbsup:

Here is a Case XX 6232 that my paternal Grandfather carried until he passed in July '88. I drove him 60 miles to the nearest hospital, through the mountains, when he had his heart attack at the State campground he managed. I was 16 yrs old.
I have many memories of him whittling with it and I'm absolutely honored to have it now.
"Ramrod" was his "handle" on the CB radio.
Sorry to get carried away but a lot memories/emotions are tied to this knife for me.
7oRUtug.jpg

I'll drink a whiskey sour in his honor tonight.

Here is a Case XX 6232 that my paternal Grandfather carried until he passed in July '88. I drove him 60 miles to the nearest hospital, through the mountains, when he had his heart attack at the State campground he managed. I was 16 yrs old.
I have many memories of him whittling with it and I'm absolutely honored to have it now.
Sorry to get carried away but a lot memories/emotions are tied to this knife for me.
7oRUtug.jpg

Go ahead and get carried away, I enjoyed the story. Great memories and a fantastic knife.

7oRUtug.jpg

That calls for another!

7oRUtug.jpg

I'll drink in his honor, too, Mark.

7oRUtug.jpg

Great knife, and even better sentiments, Mark! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::)

- GT

Back