getting married today - finding knife for a suit is hard

Hahaa!

Any small multitools? Things that open bottles would be nice

Well than a Victorinox Waiter should have been the knife of choice, have to make sure you can open that bottle of champagne. And congrats on getting married, don't forget to show the wife this thread as a quick reminder on who she married.

Im not a big fan of many modern folders but this one just made the list! Stock or aftermarket scales & what model of BM is it?.

Congrats to the op! Im getting married in June!

That's a 556 (mini-grip) with aftermarket scales and back spacer, not sure who's scales but the spacer is pretty cool lookin!

I'd carry the biggest and baddest knife you own. It's statement time. :D

Actually, I would probably carry a very thin slip joint myself or small SAK. Some of the old Schrade lockbacks are pretty pocket friendly.

The Leek would be good until you try to cut the cake with it.

These days I don't have to wear a suit very often. Some of the most recent times I wore a suit, I carried Para2's.

Depends if you want a one-handed, clipped knife or a slipjoint.

If the former, take a look at the Benchmade Nagara. A truly elegant piece, made for this situation. Right now they only make them with Harley Davidson printed on them, but you might be able to find one of the originals.

After that, a small Sebenza with inlays is a beautiful thing.

If you prefer a slipjoint, Case makes any number of knives with rich bolsters in a near infinite variety of finishes. Or take a classic Shrade; the Old Timers are great knives. And you can never go wrong with an alox SAK; the Solo is nice and thin, and the blade takes a wicked edge.

I've been married over thirty years and my wife's the greatest thing in my life. I'm a big fan of marriage. Great luck.

My buddy has a kershaw leek in a great looking chrome finish. It would look great with a tux. Not really my speed though. I had a small case stockman 3 blade I bought the day I got engaged so I had to have that one in my pocket when we tied the knot. I wanted to buy a small sebenza for that occasion but cash was tight at the time. Good luck and congrats!

+1 on the Leek

Just pretend your royalty and pin some fake medals on your chest and wear a cutlass on your hip.

Knife collector for 10 years now, and I have some really cool ones. my one thing in the last few years is that the knife has to be fully functional.

The qualifications for me are -

1)has to be able to take and hold an edge.
2)has to be able to withstand strain.
- this is including throwing, chopping, dropping, slicing, wedging, prying, and the elements.

3)it has to be able to stay together without being a "project" as i call it.

So the question is this, Does this knife meet all three of my criteria for a "fully functional knife"?

the answer is an overwhelming YES!

YES YES YES!!!
w.png

Don't get marry, you get your balls back and get to carry whatever your heart desires:D

Here's an elegant and non-threatening folder that will be sure to please; you get to cut your cake and eat it as well.

The Spyderco Military carries very flat from what I have found.
Agree with Ankerson.

I'll get married next year. Probably will carry one of my Millies like I'm doing already almost non-stop since 2008. Probably the C/F M390 or Fluted Ti :)

Don't get marry, you get your balls back and get to carry whatever your heart desires:D
Sometimes you have to do something not because you want it, but because your better half wants it ;) And since I'm very happy with my hot and smart, bisexual, Brazilian girlfriend and since her parents will pay for everything and I'll get married in Brazil, I try not to complain too much about it ;)

Last edited:
Congratulations! Wishing you and your wife the very best. Keep that Pioneer and put it back in your pocket each anniversary as a reminder of the joy on your wedding day. It will mean more and more as the years add up.

I carry this little Spyderco T-Mag for formal events. Slip joint+small blade=sheeple friendly, carbon fiber=dressy, deepish-carry wire clip=not threatening.

Back