Goliath

Can anyone else post a pick of a Manix 2 label so we can compare numbers and see if there is a sequence?

Sucks your post went awry, like like you grabbed a good one.

a sprint run military was my constant companion for over two years straight, and is still THE favorite of mine, even if I often choose smaller blades more often now. You can't ask for a more capable and versatile work knife.

Different people making different levels of fakes...Some are better than others....

I looked through google images at a bunch of different peoples knives and boxes, and I think OP has a good one. The box label looks legit, the date code, and smaller number to the right is similar in sequence, the numbers on the bar code touch the lines, and the knife itself looks real (including what looks like a blasted lock bar). If it's not a real one, I'm not sure if anyone without a rockwell hardness tester could tell (other than Spyderco directly).

My advise to the OP. If it bothers you so much that you have to know 100% for sure, send it in. But it looks like before someone said it may be fake that you were enjoying the knife. You got a good deal on it, so I say use it and forget about it.

I looked through google images at a bunch of different peoples knives and boxes, and I think OP has a good one. The box label looks legit, the date code, and smaller number to the right is similar in sequence, the numbers on the bar code touch the lines, and the knife itself looks real (including what looks like a blasted lock bar). If it's not a real one, I'm not sure if anyone without a rockwell hardness tester could tell (other than Spyderco directly).

My advise to the OP. If it bothers you so much that you have to know 100% for sure, send it in. But it looks like before someone said it may be fake that you were enjoying the knife. You got a good deal on it, so I say use it and forget about it.

Thank you for all your help and effort in this thread, and to everyone else as well. I would think this is legit now too, but being the stubborn mule I am, it's still getting sent in. Again, thanks for you guidance, much appreciated :)

All good.

I know it would really bother me if I thought I might have a fake, and would have to find out.

Spyderco will figure it out.

Good luck, and I really hope it's the real deal, I can tell you where very excited to get this knife.

I seen someone who had a fake sebenza for a while until someone told him otherwise. Even I was fooled for 3 weeks that I had a legit southard until I seen a fake. You just never know, even Sal said he's seen some fakes that looked totally legit!!

military's, paramilitarys, southards, sebenzas, and striders are all faked very often so we need to watch out for each other and take that extra step to seek the truth.

Called Spyderco yesterday for an update- it's real. Currently being sharpened and sent back to me. :D

Back