Grand Baby Chitlangi

My Grand Baby Chitlangi from the 12/14 deals just arrived - That was fast! I am impressed by this little knife. It was bought as a Christmas present for my mother-in-law who has very small hands. However, I was surprised at how well this little gem fits my hands. The edge where the closed cho protrudes makes a good guard to keep your fingers from sliding onto the sharpened blade (and it came sharp). The thumb rests well upon the spine and gives excellent control. It has a very solid feel to it and the sheath, karda and chakma are just plain cute :) It was made by Dil (whose work I have really come to appreciate), is just over 9 inches long and weighs 6.5 ounces. The blade is 5.75" long and the spine is just over a quarter inch thick. It won't be chopping down any large oak trees any time soon, but will make a useful multi-purpose knife with loads of character.
Thanks Yangdu, :thumbup:

4741GrandBabyChitlangi.jpg

4730BabyGrandChitlangi.jpg

4721BabyGrandChitlangi.jpg

ahhhhh... it was you who snagged that one westfork!!!
CONGRATS!!! i was amazed it lasted pretty long on that DOTD :D
if you didnt save me... i would have cracked on that one for sure :thumbup: :)
it sure looks like it fits your hands real well but remember its a gift lol... im sure your mother-in-law will love it :p

sure why the hell not... :D
but i would prefer a kumar karda for edc... just my 2cents :)

Do you guys think it would make a good EDC?

That would depend on what your use for it would be. All my EDCs are folders which are tucked away in my pocket. It would make a handy little outdoors knife if the size of the sheath wasn't an issue. Definitely stout for its size.

All my EDCs are folders which are tucked away in my pocket.

Me too, but I wonder how it would be to edc a fixed blade. Kagas katne seems a little small for this. Maybe a Kumar Karda ;)

Honestly, I was hoping for some small khuks like last year's Christmas special...
(8.5 inch 5 ounce baby Chitlangi by Dharan Kami. Horn handle. Price $15.00 each)

Maybe next year.

I tough about this while I was studying (I know, I should have kept studying).

I could be great to have a small khuk the size of Koster's Kardas, wich is longer than a Kagas Katne, but shorter than a Bilton. A khukru around 7.5 OAL. EDC Khukri?

In the future or in my dreams?

you have many options around that size with stuff thats available today (well not "today" but whats been showing up lately)...
there still is an r-4 available from 12/14 dotd that would make a pretty nice EDC... the sharp finger like r-7 is also still available :)
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=440661

then you have all the other r variants and sarge knives.... ohhh and dont forget the sgian dubh :p
happy sharking lol :thumbup: :D

EDIT: ohhhhh i see what youre saying now... you want something small but in a khuk shape!!! lol
to be honest at that size you sacrifice function for form... it would be better to stick with a more karda type blade.

regarding kagas katne, it is very very nice... but i dont see myself using it for anything than opening mail or ramen noodle packs :)
maybe i could use it for keychain carry ;)

lets not derail westforks thread any longer... CONGRATS ON THE SNAG!!!
its amazing to see so much detail on a khuk of this size... it even has brass inlay in the sword of shiva :eek: :cool:

That sure looks like it will be a lot of fun, congrats on the snag.:)

)

lets not derail westforks thread any longer... CONGRATS ON THE SNAG!!!
its amazing to see so much detail on a khuk of this size... it even has brass inlay in the sword of shiva :eek: :cool:

Not a problem Jimmy. I learn a lot about HI's products when someone posts pictures, so just returning the favor. A discussion of small HI blades for EDC fits in well with this thread.
Lloyd

yay!!! i didnt want to go off topic and distract members from your sweet pics...
back to edc khuk carry discussion :p :thumbup: :D

Jimmy, be honest.

If, just if, they were making 7.5" khuks. Would you seriously be able to resist?

Jimmy, be honest.

If, just if, they were making 7.5" khuks. Would you seriously be able to resist?

probably not :D :eek:
if something was designed with a khuk shape at that size...
i would like to see something with a very wide leafy blade and finger hole for a more controlled grip for something this small...
hmmmm, would make a cool neck knife :)

yup a finger hole instead of a cho.....
it would allow more control with a knife this small :p
think about it... hmmmm time to start sketching lmao :D

EDIT: just by looking at westforks pics above...
you can see he has to choke up pretty high (past the bolster) to get a comfortable grip.
notice his index finger is directly where the cho is. so now imagine a hole for you to slip your finger into there
and a wide maybe even extra WIDE leafy blade similar to the baby BDC from a few days ago that bladite managed to snag.
12-13-06%20005.jpg

hmmm or how about a blade like a foxy folly or YCS. :)
i know bladite has been dying for something like a BABY FOXY FOLLY to come out lol :rolleyes:

yup a finger hole instead of a cho.....
it would allow more control with a knife this small :p
think about it... hmmmm time to start sketching lmao :D

EDIT: just by looking at westforks pics above...
you can see he has to choke up pretty high (past the bolster) to get a comfortable grip.
notice his index finger is directly where the cho is. so now imagine a hole for you to slip your finger into there
and a wide maybe even extra WIDE leafy blade similar to the baby BDC from a few days ago that bladite managed to snag.
12-13-06%20005.jpg

hmmm or how about a blade like a foxy folly or YCS. :)
i know bladite has been dying for something like a BABY FOXY FOLLY to come out lol :rolleyes:

IF this goes somewhere, it would have to be chiruwa handles if there's a finger grove.

Back