Great Eastern Cutlery ( GEC ) group shots / photo requests

The Pony Jacks are a favorite of mine. I've not seen all 4 covers pictured together "in the wild". The acrylic is the only one I don't have. Maybe some day.

Thanks for posting the photo.

Here is a family get together showing the 4 handle choices that were offered on the Tidioute #68 Pony Jack. From the top down, Ebony, Rust Red Jigged Bone, Nifebrite Acrylic and Antique Yellow Jigged Bone. These are the Clip Blade models they also made the same choices in Spear Blade models. There was only one run of these and it was 2013. I was talking to William at the Rendezvous about these and he said they released these as a compliment to the #15 Boys Knife but they never seemed to catch on for some reason! :eek: I assure you they caught on with the people that own one. Equal end, all steel, 3-1/2” OAL, what’s not to like! :D
35904189863_f01c18d0d9_b_d.jpg
Ron, that's a beautiful group of Jacks you have there.

Back in 2013 I picked up an ebony Pony Jack and thought it near perfection. Unfortunately the pen blade partially blocked the main blade's nail nick making it difficult to open, so it moved on. Since learning how to lower blades by filling the kick that decision became one that I regret.

Today I too am hoping that GEC releases another run of 68s, both Pony Jacks and White Owls. I don't believe I'd miss a second chance to own the "perfect Jack" :).

It's sure been enjoyable viewing yours. Thanks for postin' them!

Here is a family get together showing the 4 handle choices that were offered on the Tidioute #68 Pony Jack. From the top down, Ebony, Rust Red Jigged Bone, Nifebrite Acrylic and Antique Yellow Jigged Bone. These are the Clip Blade models they also made the same choices in Spear Blade models. There was only one run of these and it was 2013. I was talking to William at the Rendezvous about these and he said they released these as a compliment to the #15 Boys Knife but they never seemed to catch on for some reason! :eek: I assure you they caught on with the people that own one. Equal end, all steel, 3-1/2” OAL, what’s not to like! :D
They capture my heart Ron!! Thanks for the look :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The Pony Jacks are a favorite of mine. I've not seen all 4 covers pictured together "in the wild". The acrylic is the only one I don't have. Maybe some day.

Thanks for posting the photo.

Thanks for the compliment. These don’t come available very often. You can imagine the :D on my face when I looked down in the display case and saw the Ebony, Rust Red and Nifebrite all at once! This was at the GEC Rendezvous in August. I already had the Antique Yellow which is one of my favorites in my EDC rotation.:)

Ron, that's a beautiful group of Jacks you have there.

Back in 2013 I picked up an ebony Pony Jack and thought it near perfection. Unfortunately the pen blade partially blocked the main blade's nail nick making it difficult to open, so it moved on. Since learning how to lower blades by filling the kick that decision became one that I regret.

Today I too am hoping that GEC releases another run of 68s, both Pony Jacks and White Owls. I don't believe I'd miss a second chance to own the "perfect Jack" :).

It's sure been enjoyable viewing yours. Thanks for postin' them!

Your welcome and thank you for the compliment! Hopefully they will do another release someday, I could sure use a couple of the elusive White Owls my self! :)

They capture my heart Ron!! Thanks for the look :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I’m glad they did Gev! Thanks so much for kind words!:)

Some acorns I found lying around!

hT2obTT.jpg

b550IiQ.jpg

Look at all that sparkly stainless! The 53 stock knives are really cool. Also neat to see them together and notice that there are different sized acorn shields...

I'm all about the 68 pattern. Moreso the White Owl than the Jack, but any variant of the 68. I like the frame a little better than the 15 frame, and it's a knife like the 66 that is just so classic. I do like the profile of the #15 clip point blade, and the half stops are fun, but if I had to pick, it'd be tough. Especially if I ever find one of those stainless white owls...

Some stag 85's and a tooth!
7YdbwLW.jpg

This is a really attractive bunch of bullet ends! The stag on the far right even looks a little like ivory.

I'm a clip-point-main kind of guy. #68s in the middle. Both are rust red jigged bone, but look at how different they turned out. The Pony has the rust red I've seen on everything else. The White Owl has a lot more blue in it, and it's a lot darker, doesn't lighten up much toward the bolsters.

37752896945_1512e3195d_c.jpg

This is such a great thread; I keep waiting for the junction of sunny weather and free time to make more contributions. Every day I look at my collection and invent some new grouping I could capture. Come on spring!

Thanks, James. It is a very comfortable pattern! Always been one of my favorites!:thumbsup:

All the years 06 - 17 :) What will be my first 18 knife?? Don't see anything on the horizon....o_O

IMG_4443.jpg~original

Will, I like that they seem to look progressively more "used" as you get to the more recent years. Your 2017 Bull Nose looks older than any of the rest! :D

Will, I like that they seem to look progressively more "used" as you get to the more recent years. Your 2017 Bull Nose looks older than any of the rest! :D

ha ha!:D Kind of seems like it yes:) But, the Bullnose had been subjected to heavy 'forced' I generally clean off patina at first and then let it take on more, it can look ugly&spotty initially..The 06 blade (a conversion by Glenn from double to single) is of course stainless 440c so that gleams eternally;)

Back