c7a557c9e5b78344a2ea257f5e58d9e134907b346fcb87f44e0e19921b26a207.jpg

With my great appreciation and many thanks to My Friend grogimus grogimus

Simply exquisite sheaths Dan :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Original EDC and EDC2 pocket clip carry arrangement:

AA37DC25-58C4-45C8-84ED-080C233B2ECA.jpeg

HDFK aka N.A.S.K simple loop carry arrangement:

BEE4FD1B-D8A2-4AC4-AD0C-B83F354802CD.jpeg

C478E843-9B12-4E06-AAB6-778C24A1F502.jpeg

Those of you still sitting on the fence on this latest preorder, better make up your darn minds fast ... REALLY FAST ;) :D

View attachment 888866

View attachment 888867

View attachment 888868

Those of you still sitting on the fence on this latest preorder, better make up your darn minds fast ... REALLY FAST ;) :D
That is amazing how Grog was able to Capture your likeness on that last sheath:p Simply AMAZING Work:thumbsup:

View attachment 888866

View attachment 888867

View attachment 888868

Man I love how that old man winter/green man/father time/whatever design came out. My last attempt at this style sheath had people asking why I was doing a Jerry Garcia impression so it's good this time.

I tried to email or PM everyone I needed to reach out to but I'm guessing I missed some, and I owe some people an apology. I've gotten behind on my orders this last month. A friend of mine killed himself on March 24th. I took a couple days off work and leather work then I worked on and finished that wonderful Old Man Winter sheath for Uncle Matty. Then I tried to get back to normal and the new normal, minus my friend, punched me right square in the teeth. Trying to achieve "normal" again, after a bedrock of my world was removed.. well, it turned out to be difficult. So, I unplugged. I didn't text, I didn't email, I didn't answer PM's. I didn't explain why I was gone for a month to people who were waiting for me to deliver their product. I'm back at it now though, and if you have an order with me and haven't heard from me in the last day please send me a PM or email. If you're annoyed with me for dropping off the map for a month it's totally fine, I probably would've done the same thing in your shoes. Hell, I'll give you recommendations for other sheath makers.

I've no interest in making excuses for myself. Dropping off the map for the last month was a dick move but I feel like it's only right to try to explain myself. It wasn't for something less responsible and more fun like a bender in Tijuana.

Take care of yourself. And if you think you need to worry about a friend who's going through a rough patch but you don't want to upset them by talking to them about it.. please talk to them about it. You could inadvertently be the tether that keeps them with you.

Sorry to hear that, Grog. I don’t think anybody around here would be upset with you, with or without explanation. Primarily, because you are talented and people like/desire your beautiful creations. But also because... well... life.

When I was a younger man I was very judgmental and self centered. I was also a spastic mess of a person. I drank too much, too often and was hell bent on bending the will of existence to my means. Of course, you can’t really do that - and it was this realization tumbling around in my head and finally taking root - that got me off my fully, self destructive path. Now I help people when I’m able. I drink less frequently (though typically too much when I do drink) and try to concentrate on how I can help those close to me, both family and friends.
It’s a noble thing to try and help others - a value I feel is waning in our culture these days. When it’s all said and done, the living have to live. And I hope those that have passed find peace.
Best to you and yours!

Happy to see you back and posting Dan. Only a few knew about your most recent struggles regarding the loss of your friend, protege and coworker. You are right Brother that despite the tragedies life goes on for the living, so welcome back.

As far as leather work goes, I'm sure that most folks already know or if they didn't, they will know by now that this is really a hobby for you and not your mainstream / daytime job. You never ask for any upfront money and heck, don't even like to ask for remuneration when the job is completed!!! Apologies for bringing up $ but just to let folks who do not know you, to know that you do not take advance payments and don't make promises which you can not or do not intend to keep.

I'm sorry for your loss Dan ... that is a hard blow ... sometimes life will throw us ... I think those that have dealt with you will understand ...

and those that have went through it will also ...

make sure you take care of you ... the sheaths are just things ... they will be there ...

if you need anything just let us know ...

Prayers are with you and your friends family ...

JJ

Take care of yourself. And if you think you need to worry about a friend who's going through a rough patch but you don't want to upset them by talking to them about it.. please talk to them about it. You could inadvertently be the tether that keeps them with you.

^^^I think this needs repeating.

Dan - I'm so sorry for your loss, my friend. I've lost close friends to suicide and it leaves one of the biggest voids in your soul that can NEVER be filled. I'm getting teared-up just typing this. EVERYONE goes through shit, EVERYONE gets depressed - but NO ONE should take their own life as a way to solve the trials, trivialities and tribulations of life. As cliché as it sounds, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

I have nothing other to add aside from what you posted above. PLEASE people, have empathy for your fellow man. If someone is struggling with life, just listen to them. Even if you don't want to hear the negativity, or pessimistic vitriol that may spew from their mouths like raw sewage, just LISTEN!!! There's a lot in this world to get pissed about or turn you into a jaded asshole, which is fine, but NOTHING in this world is worth taking one's life. NOTHING is more important than taking a moment to ask those people who are struggling "Hey man - what's up?" and then let their floodgates open.

I'm so sorry, Dan - take care, brother!

Back