GSO-12 Who has one on order?

Apologies if already asked and answered elsewhere, but has it been confirmed that the the GSO-12 will use the new HT that's been developed with Nathan Carothers?

Apologies if already asked and answered elsewhere, but has it been confirmed that the the GSO-12 will use the new HT that's been developed with Nathan Carothers?

I'd say follow the 4.1 progress and what happens with it in the next few weeks. Ellie said in the first Friday newsletter that the 4.1 blades would be going to HT this month - if that comes through with the new HT, Ellie said all the other ones would follow as well, which would of course include the 12

Ooh, I'm gonna have to start getting funds aligned for a GSO-12!! :thumbup:

Just pulled the trigger on a gso 12 to match the 3.5 and 7/7 already on order.
Really looking forward to a heavy chopper of this quality!!!!

I've been going back and forth about pulling the trigger on a 12 and I was waiting on a sign from the universe. Having the cut off to order being at the end of this month means I can relax and save up this summer and try my luck in a Monday cage match :thumbup:
For how amazing the medium and small models look I have no doubt when the pics of the physical models start popping up it will be life changing experience!

I guess my question is this-Is the New Heat Treatment suppose to enhance the Performance?

I've been going back and forth about pulling the trigger on a 12 and I was waiting on a sign from the universe. Having the cut off to order being at the end of this month means I can relax and save up this summer and try my luck in a Monday cage match :thumbup:
For how amazing the medium and small models look I have no doubt when the pics of the physical models start popping up it will be life changing experience!

Silver.... I think you misread the universe's sign! it says pre-order immediately!..... In bold lettering!

I guess my question is this-Is the New Heat Treatment suppose to enhance the Performance?

From Nathan Carrothers' videos, it looks like the new HT will give 3V similar toughness to INFI, but still with the better edge holding of 3V.

Based on what info Nathan has already provided, I think the new HT is going to be a great advance. I am not worried about sharpening.
What I do want to know specifically about the 12 is how much it will weigh? I know it has not yet been made, but the older 10s should at least provide a starting floor for what a longer and wider blade might weigh?? I know what my HI khuks weigh and I know what my usability cut-off is, but would love to get a SK GSO-12 if it is not too hard on the elbow tendinitis.

It may well be an advancement, as stated I have one on order, Time will tell

A bump from page two. This blade deserves better.

Besides, I just ordered one of these. I think they are going to be too good to pass up, and I don't want to be regretful for missing out.

Junkyard

Last edited:
Last day to order one kiddos!

I'd like to see one in CFV if and when it happens down the road. In the meantime, I will be simmering in envy of those who already have done so, when I miss my chance to pre order of these monsters today :D

Back