GTA (Afghanistan) -- courtesy a caring forumite.

re: 20" Siru
The young fellow I'm giving it to has volunteered to stay on for three more months in country, so I think he deserves it. It's a good knife, but it's just a knife, and I can and will order another as soon as Uncle Bill gets back and has a chance to get caught up. "Ranger Tim" is a pretty big boy (6'3"), so that 20" Siru will fit him just right. I'm thinking of ordering a BAS so I can use it camping when I get back sometime in October. I can just see folks calling "Johnny Law" every time I chopped some kindling with that big Sirupati. Then again, I wouldn't have to worry about anybody wanting to start some foolishness.

Sarge

I can just see folks calling "Johnny Law" every time I chopped some kindling with that big Sirupati. Then again, I wouldn't have to worry about anybody wanting to start some foolishness.
>>>

That BAS is still going to look major to the uninitiated eye...and as for worrying about foolishness, I'm 46 and haven't seen it abate yet. Some people will always be intent upon ugly behavior if they think they can get away with it.

20" is a lot of hard thinking, though.

munk

The BAS has been my night time Khuk for some time.
It isn't so long that you're going to get a leg cut off dodging around all the trees out front of my house. I do like the long blades in the day time, when you can see what is going on.
I supose if I was a young'un and wanted a Khuk style sword the longer blades wouold be fine. I feel the 18" and 20" knives are just about max for what I need. You won't beleive that 18" WW11. 30 Oz. and bad to the bone. That Kumar makes a heck of a knife.:cool:

I have several standing offers from forumites to give or pay for khukuris for men in or going to Afghanistan. Hell of a bunch here!!!!

Seems that I remember you telling a young man when you were welcoming him to the Cantina, that we were a bunch of crazies that understand each other. Where a bunch of us have been I know that you understand why we want as many of these Khuks to go with them as we can.

Love of fellow Americans, and love of country. Semper Fi!!!!:D

Had a great time with two very fine guys. Four HI khuks are on their way to Afghanistan. Stories were told, beer, ale and stout were consumed, and faces were put on names from the forum. Did you know Pappy is an amateur achaeologist, and Sarge makes beautiful puukos and scabbards? I didn’t, but I do now. Thanks to both.

The 18" Kumar Kobra that was so kindly sent to SRA "Wheels" has had it's first taste of blood, his;-) Seem's it "bit" him on the finger while he was sharpening it. The boy's not clumsy, he just has the impatience of youth, did the same thing sharpening a machete some time back. Still, it's good to know he's maintaining his equipment properly, never know when he might need it to "bite" someone else.

Wheels, if you're out there tracking, don't take it hard that you cut your finger. I've got a scar here and there that was part of my "learning curve", it goes with the territory. Just be careful hoss.

Sarge

The intoxication of finding a new khuk in your mailbox from Uncle Bill is nothing compared to watching the look of utter astonishment, joy, and glee on the face of one gifted a khuk from out of the blue.

What price is it worth to see someone have an almost ( or maybe actual ) religious experience?

Back