Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thank you! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I love to use it. This was made by late Trevor Ablett. Loaded with tons of spirit. She's a show stealer, each time I use it in for lunch, be it with fellow bikers or in more mundane resturants somebody gets curious and start a conversation about knives of yore etc. :)
The horn is really particular and feels warm in the hand when you use it.
Brilliant. It has been an obsession of mine to find a Trevor Ablett knife.
Votre couteau Barlow est magnifique!

Last edited:
Another picture of Guardians 19 and stag Pere David.:cool::thumbsup:

2lm1eeb.jpg
25p4cbo.jpg

I managed to miss a few pics earlier :confused: Sorry guys :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Cool pic Randy, great to see you here my friend :) :thumbsup:

I'm in with my massive collection!:) Can you call one a collection? BTW, where do the Lambsfoot pins come from? I enjoy learning something new here everyday. Thanks.
Larry
View attachment 1120058

We all had to start somewhere Larry, hopefully that's the start of a great Lambsfoot collection :) The pins came with this year's Guardians knives :thumbsup:

They are very cool, love to watch the process. Mostly cutting oranges and apples with it! Trying to get all healthy and stuff!

Good stuff Dennis, I've just had an apple and some nuts myself ;) :thumbsup:

LOL! I have also this posh one in spare! :D

View attachment 1120141
View attachment 1120145

Very nice Alain, would you mind editing your previous post please, the non-Lambsfoot content seems to be multiplying! :eek: :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

That works well David :) :thumbsup:

Last edited:
That's a stunner, Ron; congrats!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Sometime I'd enjoy seeing a pic of your entire flock of lambsfoots - you're becoming quite a shepherd! ;)
Jack, with my "limited vision", I'd never have imagined that a Damascus lambsfoot was even a possibility! :eek::rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Gary I thank you for the kind words my friend! If you’ll check out post #20093 you can see them all but one! :D

I am very likely to do the same Ron! :D That's a nice knife, and a nice gesture :) I have just sent Charlie a text now that it is a decent hour in Canada :) :thumbsup:
Hope you get good news Jack! I can see where you might definitely be able to miss a few! :eek::D

Half/Stop Half/Stop Isn’t the Senator a grand pattern? That Charlie, whom we all pray a return to good health, gifted it to you, must make your Senator extra special.:thumbsup:
Actually Harvey, I prefer the pruner frames. The Senator is however a very nicely made folder and I have nothing bad to say about them! :)

I said that I got the Senator from Charlie so let me clarify my post. I purchased the knife when Charlie donated it to one of my fund raisers for BigBiscuit. It was not a gift. I cherish it just the same as I do all of the knives I have from any of my friends! ;)

An optimist is a man who plants two acorns ......... and buys a hammock. :)

I'm gonna be very busy tomorrow... Y'all have a great day.View attachment 1119919
Good one :D
Good Morning Guardians. I hope your day is sunny and happy.
300 miles south of you, not so much. Skies are gray and it's 59 with a threat of rain - but I don't think it's gonna happen :rolleyes:
Impress photos by everyone today. Grats to all
Jack Black Jack Black - I think I remember seeing a post from you where you said you had texted Charlie, although I can't find it now :oops:
Next time, please let him know that I, and I'm sure as do all Guardians, wish him well :thumbsup:
OG
TT_Fence_720_.jpg

Gary I thank you for the kind words my friend! If you’ll check out post #20093 you can see them all but one! :D

Hope you get good news Jack! I can see where you might definitely be able to miss a few! :eek::D

Actually Harvey, I prefer the pruner frames. The Senator is however a very nicely made folder and I have nothing bad to say about them! :)

I said that I got the Senator from Charlie so let me clarify my post. I purchased the knife when Charlie donated it to one of my fund raisers for BigBiscuit. It was not a gift. I cherish it just the same as I do all of the knives I have from any of my friends! ;)
Completely understood Ron. I love pruners also, especially the older ones. It’s just after not caring for them when I first saw a picture on their site, and then getting one, and then getting another, I completely fell in love, so to speak.:)
0F4881A7-F1D1-403E-BAFC-6BBA661098FE_zpstcm3skif.jpeg

Thanks OG, that beautiful old lambsfoot looks like it would be right at home in a place called Coarsegold. :)

Boy...A well loved pair of boots with an awesome Dam Lamb resting on one of them, a beautiful green vista with trees and open field...Well that just looks heavenly, my friend. Enjoy the moment.:)
Thank you Harvey. It was Corona time :D. The stag senator lamb is looking very much the part. Dignified and Stately as it were.

Hope everyone, you and the rest of the crew have a tranquil evening.

Will definitely post my group photo later when I get home...but wanted to say right now that you are an ambitious, generous and good man Jack Black Jack Black !!! This thread already moves at the speed of light and now you are going to manage a wonderful GAW in the midst of it all :):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you my friend :) I'm not sure about ambitious, my ambition would have just been to have got this thread running for a few pages, and not have it flooded with Sheepsfoot pics like the previous Lambsfoot thread! :D Thanks to you good folks, we got a lot more than that :) :thumbsup:

I'll keep you posted Ron, but I see Barry has spoken to Charlie's daughter, and updated the dedicated thread :thumbsup:

Same here, that Swayback frame married right well with the Lambsfoot blade. One thing I realised with some of the recent Damascus run, and I don't know why I never noticed before, the blade is easier to pinch in a straight frame, leaves it sitting up a little higher, which'll suit some folks :thumbsup:

XyvW1dR.jpg

Looks like life is good Dwight :) :thumbsup:

Good one :D

300 miles south of you, not so much. Skies are gray and it's 59 with a threat of rain - but I don't think it's gonna happen :rolleyes:
Impress photos by everyone today. Grats to all
Jack Black Jack Black - I think I remember seeing a post from you where you said you had texted Charlie, although I can't find it now :oops:
Next time, please let him know that I, and I'm sure as do all Guardians, wish him well :thumbsup:
OG
View attachment 1120229

I'll be sure to do that OG, lovely knife :) :thumbsup:

Completely understood Ron. I love pruners also, especially the older ones. It’s just after not caring for them when I first saw a picture on their site, and then getting one, and then getting another, I completely fell in love, so to speak.:)
0F4881A7-F1D1-403E-BAFC-6BBA661098FE_zpstcm3skif.jpeg

Great pic Harvey :) :thumbsup:

If anyone bumps into Jolipapa Jolipapa on their travels around the porch, please ask him to come back and edit the knives which aren't Lambsfoot knives out of his post please: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/guardians-of-the-lambsfoot.1406735/page-1008#post-18976532 :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack. Life is good my friend. Is was better before hearing about our friend Charlie.
If I see Alain I will drop him with a tranquilizing dart and call you. :D

Ramrodmb Ramrodmb - Thank you Mark and that ironwood pin-strip suit is looking very smart.

A very sad thing on an otherwise happy day :( By chance, I had only just mentioned Charlie in a post in the EDC thread.

Yes Tom, when I wandered in here as a boy, it was a different place entirely. There was a lot of tumble-weed blowing around, just a few older boys sitting around, and Pertinux of course. Carl would tell a joke, then young Gary would cough, Elliott would crack his knuckles. Big Paul Hilborn would smile to himself, and then Young Gev would offer to go to the shop for some pop. Then Charlie would walk in, and everyone's face would light up, especially when he read out a letter from Duncan in New Zealand. Of course, I was just sitting on the step then, but they treated me right kindly, seems like a long time ago now :) :thumbsup:

I sure hope we'll be seeing him soon :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, I would appreciate that ;) :thumbsup:

Back