Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thanks OG. You know apparently there's not a single company left in the UK that makes dimple glasses. If you find any in British pubs these days they've apparently been made by a company in Turkey. :rolleyes:
Hope you have a nice family time in Yosemite btw. :thumbsup:

That's an interesting snippet of info David, how strange :confused: I actually come across them more than I did in the 70's (that's Leeds for you :rolleyes:), but it took me sometime to overcome a long-term aversion to the style due to once being hit over the head with one! :eek: There was a brief fashion in the early 80's for dimpled straight glasses, which were particularly ugly o_O :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Sounds like a great trip OG, hope we're going to see pics ';) Have a fantastic time :thumbsup:
Thank you to both of you for wishing us a nice time. :thumbsup: Of course I jinxed the weather as it rained here pretty good in the evening and through the night. White clouds in the sky now but cold and windy. Rain up there would be OK but it's the threat of a sudden snow storm that has me slightly worried.
I'm sorry to hear the news about the dimples :oops: Glad I was able to enjoy a pint of bitters (or 2 ;)) from the real deal :cool: Can't imagine getting smacked in the head with one. Bet you saw stars for a while. Musta hurt like the dickens - those dudes were heavy
Great pics Jack Black Jack Black
Nice pic of the Senator, Dwight :thumbsup:

Hey folks, do you remember the hinged metal tins I sent out with the 2019 Guardians knives, (and with some of the DamLambs)? Has anyone done anything with theirs, using it in any way? I'm going to use mine for a wee fire kit for when I go out hiking, but would love to know what everyone else is doing with theirs (if anything) :thumbsup:
Lots of room in the tin! A Case Sod Buster Junior fits perfectly. I should put a hook, and some fishing line in there in case I want to go fishing while I'm lost in the woods!!! :cool: I keep the tin in my center consul of my truck...I always have my hunting pack in my truck, which contains survival gear....I also have nice a fixed blade, nice flashlight and a multi tool in the center consul as well. Plus the knives in my pocket...I probably could take out the Sod Buster and put more gear in the tin.
fRjNFLW.jpg
My son has the other tin. He puts coins or Legos in it.:thumbsup:
Great setup, Taylor :thumbsup:
I use mine to keep knife pins, some old coins and other "important" mementos from getting lost. A guy can't have too many boxes :rolleyes:

Very cool pic
:)The mention of the knife is now yours is strictly forbidden.:)
View attachment 1129264
That Damascus gets pretty dang sharp, doesn't it. Ask me how I know :rolleyes:

I quite like them, and apparently there's some "research" which claims the dimples enhance the flavour of the beer. Your right though they are becoming more popular however they are more expensive to buy so I'm sure as people nick them from pubs, they probably won't be replaced. I found mine between the rafters of the 400 year old pub I used to manage over 20 years ago so it's definately the genuine article.

Cheers John. The carvings are an art work installation on the site of an iron age burial mound on the 'Wolds Way', a 79 mile walking path in East Yorkshire. There based on small iron age chalk figurines that have been found in and around iron age burial mounds and earthworks in East Yorkshire. Representations of human figures by iron age Britons are extremely rare; the originals are held Hull Museum.

https://www.ldwa.org.uk/ldp/members/show_path.php?path_name=Yorkshire+Wolds+Way+National+Trail

https://www.visithullandeastyorkshi...n-Brow/details/?dms=3&venue=2298527&feature=1

https://artsandculture.google.com/asset/chalk-figurine/dQHNtsdIQwWBOA

The photos are looking north off Knapton Brow on the Yorkshire Wolds across the Vale of Pickering, to the North Yorkshire Moors (Dalby Forest and Lockton Moor) on the horizon.

0MUPXpX.jpg

2SykrPM.jpg

IeFmY6e.jpg

k0Qt3Uq.jpg
Grats on the find, its a keeper!
Thank you for the great pics and info. Well done :thumbsup:

Lovin' that Snake :cool:
Thank you mate, but you hang onto it :) I actually have a few spare ones. There were a few left after the 2019 Guardians knives went out, so I thought I might as well use them to package the DamLambs. I then realized I still had a few of the Guardians knives left, so I had to buy another dozen :rolleyes: :D I have some larger ones for the Barlow's, which I hope will be useful :thumbsup:
Yet another teaser!? It's starting to be like waiting for the opening of a new movie :rolleyes:

I think may have put this one up before but it's cold outside and I'm gettin ready for tomorrow's trip, anyway.
OG.
ThomasTurner.jpg

Last edited:
I'm afraid not mate, but I did bump into 'Dave' on my travels ;) :thumbsup:

aTHMu6l.jpg

WoFa8fi.jpg

Mmmmmmm.....:) :thumbsup:

That's an interesting snippet of info David, how strange :confused: I actually come across them more than I did in the 70's (that's Leeds for you :rolleyes:), but it took me sometime to overcome a long-term aversion to the style due to once being hit over the head with one! :eek: There was a brief fashion in the early 80's for dimpled straight glasses, which were particularly ugly o_O :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Good man :) When I joined, there really weren't anywhere near as many photos posted, particularly in General ('The Rowdy House'). Even though, I no longer use it, I have maintained a paid Photobucket account, so that the pics don't disappear from old threads (no longer happens), but since the software changed messed up most of those threads anyway, I think I'm going to cancel the bank transfer this year. I do think missing pics make a thread look ugly, but it seems PB no longer delete them entirely. I did switch to using the BF software - before they changed things. Currently using Imgur, but I think it will only be a matter of time before that comes to an end, like the other free photo-hosting sites I've used in the past (eg ImageShack) :thumbsup:

Strangely I never had that request! :D :thumbsup:

Thank you my friend, nothing exciting to report from the market, but Lucy enjoyed being the centre of attention ;) :thumbsup:

x32mnLr.jpg

Sounds like a great trip OG, hope we're going to see pics ';) Have a fantastic time :thumbsup:

Excellent pic Kevin :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jose :) :thumbsup:

That's a great pic David, hope you manage to find something to do ;) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone has a great day :) Just wondering how Dave's (@dc50) move is going, hope he's doing OK :thumbsup:

Lucy basking in today's sunshine :thumbsup:

FFDvyXZ.jpg
That first lambsfoot, is the nicest i have seen. Love the wood with the small cracks. What sort of wood is it?

:)The mention of the knife is now yours is strictly forbidden.:)
View attachment 1129264

Yikes Harvey! :eek: I was squinting on my phone earlier, and didn't see you got bit! Hope you're OK buddy, you still got a great pic ;) :thumbsup:

Sorry for the non-lamb pic I will get some in later today ;)

No worries Taylor, I think it had legitimacy :thumbsup:

Great stuff John :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black Thank you Jack. This Senator is a jewel. Just watched two documentaries. The first was England, a million years ago to the present.
View attachment 1129350

The other was King Henry Vlll. Let’s just say he had issues.

I think I see granddad! :eek: :D Thank you Harvey :) Yes, didn't he just :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Thank you to both of you for wishing us a nice time. :thumbsup: Of course I jinxed the weather as it rained here pretty good in the evening and through the night. White clouds in the sky now but cold and windy. Rain up there would be OK but it's the threat of a sudden snow storm that has me slightly worried.
I'm sorry to hear the news about the dimples :oops: Glad I was able to enjoy a pint of bitters (or 2 ;)) from the real deal :cool: Can't imagine getting smacked in the head with one. Bet you saw stars for a while. Musta hurt like the dickens - those dudes were heavy
Great pics Jack Black Jack Black

Hope it goes OK OG :thumbsup: I DID actually see stars! :rolleyes: Thank you :thumbsup:

I use mine to keep knife pins, some old coins and other "important" mementos from getting lost. A guy can't have too many boxes :rolleyes:

Very true! :D :thumbsup:

That Damascus gets pretty dang sharp, doesn't it. Ask me how I know :rolleyes:

I haven't sharpened mine yet, but I'll heed the warning! :eek: ;) :thumbsup:

Yet another teaser!? It's starting to be like waiting for the opening of a new movie :rolleyes:

I'll send you a spoiler alert next time, so you can cover your eyes OG! ;) :thumbsup:

I think may have put this one up before but it's cold outside and I'm gettin ready for tomorrow's trip, anyway.
OG.
View attachment 1129354

Still looking good :) :thumbsup:

That first lambsfoot, is the nicest i have seen. Love the wood with the small cracks. What sort of wood is it?

Thank you very much :) The covers are Desert Ironwood :thumbsup:

nS1BJHC.jpg

Yikes Harvey! :eek: I was squinting on my phone earlier, and didn't see you got bit! Hope you're OK buddy, you still got a great pic ;) :thumbsup:

No worries Taylor, I think it had legitimacy :thumbsup:

Great stuff John :) :thumbsup:

I think I see granddad! :eek: :D Thank you Harvey :) Yes, didn't he just :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Hope it goes OK OG :thumbsup: I DID actually see stars! :rolleyes: Thank you :thumbsup:

Very true! :D :thumbsup:

I haven't sharpened mine yet, but I'll heed the warning! :eek: ;) :thumbsup:

I'll send you a spoiler alert next time, so you can cover your eyes OG! ;) :thumbsup:

Still looking good :) :thumbsup:

Thank you very much :) The covers are Desert Ironwood :thumbsup:

nS1BJHC.jpg
Really beautiful piece of craftsmanship. What brand is it?

While I'm away dealing with emails, here's a couple of pics for you Guardians to look at...

ChgU8Ck.jpg

lHtUTuR.jpg

Please drool quietly (I will be in touch) ;) :thumbsup:

Really beautiful piece of craftsmanship. What brand is it?
Its an A. Wright and son special factory order commissioned by Jack Black. If you start reading about page 550 of this thread it will tell the story.
If I were you, I would get a membership and PM Jack to be put on the e-mail list.;):thumbsup:
Edit : knife content and my little Jack Russell "Daisy":)
XZzjU1Z.jpg

Last edited:
Back