Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Lots of room in the tin! A Case Sod Buster Junior fits perfectly. I should put a hook, and some fishing line in there in case I want to go fishing while I'm lost in the woods!!! :cool: I keep the tin in my center consul of my truck...I always have my hunting pack in my truck, which contains survival gear....I also have nice a fixed blade, nice flashlight and a multi tool in the center consul as well. Plus the knives in my pocket...I probably could take out the Sod Buster and put more gear in the tin.
fRjNFLW.jpg
My son has the other tin. He puts coins or Legos in it.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Lots of room in the tin! A Case Sod Buster Junior fits perfectly. I should put a hook, and some fishing line in there in case I want to go fishing while I'm lost in the woods!!! :cool: I keep the tin in my center consul of my truck...I always have my hunting pack in my truck, which contains survival gear....I also have nice a fixed blade, nice flashlight and a multi tool in the center consul as well. Plus the knives in my pocket...I probably could take out the Sod Buster and put more gear in the tin.
fRjNFLW.jpg
Fantastic! I love that! Great job!

I'm afraid not mate, but I did bump into 'Dave' on my travels ;) :thumbsup:

aTHMu6l.jpg

WoFa8fi.jpg

Mmmmmmm.....:) :thumbsup:

That's an interesting snippet of info David, how strange :confused: I actually come across them more than I did in the 70's (that's Leeds for you :rolleyes:), but it took me sometime to overcome a long-term aversion to the style due to once being hit over the head with one! :eek: There was a brief fashion in the early 80's for dimpled straight glasses, which were particularly ugly o_O :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Good man :) When I joined, there really weren't anywhere near as many photos posted, particularly in General ('The Rowdy House'). Even though, I no longer use it, I have maintained a paid Photobucket account, so that the pics don't disappear from old threads (no longer happens), but since the software changed messed up most of those threads anyway, I think I'm going to cancel the bank transfer this year. I do think missing pics make a thread look ugly, but it seems PB no longer delete them entirely. I did switch to using the BF software - before they changed things. Currently using Imgur, but I think it will only be a matter of time before that comes to an end, like the other free photo-hosting sites I've used in the past (eg ImageShack) :thumbsup:

Strangely I never had that request! :D :thumbsup:

Thank you my friend, nothing exciting to report from the market, but Lucy enjoyed being the centre of attention ;) :thumbsup:

x32mnLr.jpg

Sounds like a great trip OG, hope we're going to see pics ';) Have a fantastic time :thumbsup:

Excellent pic Kevin :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jose :) :thumbsup:

That's a great pic David, hope you manage to find something to do ;) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone has a great day :) Just wondering how Dave's (@dc50) move is going, hope he's doing OK :thumbsup:

Lucy basking in today's sunshine :thumbsup:

FFDvyXZ.jpg
Great image of your Lucy. love the tins. Great for storage.

donn donn Great view, David. I wonder how old the carving is.

Travman Travman Nice image of your AC.

Good Morning Guardians

:)The mention of the knife is now yours is strictly forbidden.:)
D8A5A74D-0C8C-4E7E-B7F1-102D577F4388.jpeg

fRjNFLW.jpg

Nice work Taylor, that's very cool :cool: It's good to be prepared :thumbsup:

Great pic of your flying AC :) :thumbsup:

I'm afraid not mate, but I did bump into 'Dave' on my travels ;) :thumbsup:

aTHMu6l.jpg

WoFa8fi.jpg

When I ran into Dave, he kept pleading with me to "open the pod bay doors." I told him "I can't do that, Dave." ;)

At last! The Daleks have invaded Harrogate! :D
When I was a kid, just after they'd screened '2001' on telly one day all I got for weeks after at school was "what are you doing Dave?".
That got boring quickly. :rolleyes:

That's an interesting snippet of info David, how strange :confused: I actually come across them more than I did in the 70's (that's Leeds for you :rolleyes:), but it took me sometime to overcome a long-term aversion to the style due to once being hit over the head with one! :eek: There was a brief fashion in the early 80's for dimpled straight glasses, which were particularly ugly o_O :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

That must of hurt. :eek: Surely another tale for your book? :D
I quite like them, and apparently there's some "research" which claims the dimples enhance the flavour of the beer. Your right though they are becoming more popular however they are more expensive to buy so I'm sure as people nick them from pubs, they probably won't be replaced. I found mine between the rafters of the 400 year old pub I used to manage over 20 years ago so it's definately the genuine article.

....but Lucy enjoyed being the centre of attention ;) :thumbsup:

x32mnLr.jpg

And most deserving of it she is to :thumbsup:

That's a really nice photo. What's the story behind the carvings?

Cheers John. The carvings are an art work installation on the site of an iron age burial mound on the 'Wolds Way', a 79 mile walking path in East Yorkshire. There based on small iron age chalk figurines that have been found in and around iron age burial mounds and earthworks in East Yorkshire. Representations of human figures by iron age Britons are extremely rare; the originals are held Hull Museum.

https://www.ldwa.org.uk/ldp/members/show_path.php?path_name=Yorkshire+Wolds+Way+National+Trail

https://www.visithullandeastyorkshi...n-Brow/details/?dms=3&venue=2298527&feature=1

https://artsandculture.google.com/asset/chalk-figurine/dQHNtsdIQwWBOA

The photos are looking north off Knapton Brow on the Yorkshire Wolds across the Vale of Pickering, to the North Yorkshire Moors (Dalby Forest and Lockton Moor) on the horizon.

0MUPXpX.jpg

2SykrPM.jpg

IeFmY6e.jpg

k0Qt3Uq.jpg

Hey folks, do you remember the hinged metal tins I sent out with the 2019 Guardians knives, (and with some of the DamLambs)? Has anyone done anything with theirs, using it in any way? I'm going to use mine for a wee fire kit for when I go out hiking, but would love to know what everyone else is doing with theirs (if anything) :thumbsup:

Absolutely nothing, as even though it's just a tin it's a nice tin and I can't bring myself to spoil it.:D I've got half-a-dozen Altoids tins one or two of which look very much like what Taylor has posted. Were you wanting a spare one? Happy to post it back to you Jack if you need it for something. :thumbsup:

donn donn Great view, David. I wonder how old the carving is.

:)The mention of the knife is now yours is strictly forbidden.:)
View attachment 1129264

Sorry Harvey you must of posted as I was composing that. There not that old actually, but the site their on is ancient. :):thumbsup:
That's a stunning picture of the steel there. Everytime I see those knives I give myself a liddle kick for not going for one :D

Cheers John. The carvings are an art work installation on the site of an iron age burial mound on the 'Wolds Way', a 79 mile walking path in East Yorkshire. There based on small iron age chalk figurines that have been found in and around iron age burial mounds and earthworks in East Yorkshire. Representations of human figures by iron age Britons are extremely rare; the originals are held Hull Museum.

https://www.ldwa.org.uk/ldp/members/show_path.php?path_name=Yorkshire+Wolds+Way+National+Trail

https://www.visithullandeastyorkshi...n-Brow/details/?dms=3&venue=2298527&feature=1

The photos are looking north off Knapton Brow on the Yorkshire Wolds across the Vale of Pickering, to the North Yorkshire Moors (Dalby Forest and Lockton Moor) on the horizon.

0MUPXpX.jpg

2SykrPM.jpg

IeFmY6e.jpg

k0Qt3Uq.jpg

Absolutely nothing, as even though it's just a tin it's a nice tin and I can't bring myself to spoil it.:D I've got half-a-dozen Altoids tins one or two of which look very much like what Taylor has posted. Were you wanting a spare one? Happy to post it back to you Jack if you need it for something. :thumbsup:
That is so interesting and very, very cool. Thanks for sharing it. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

When I was a kid, just after they'd screened '2001' on telly one day all I got for weeks after at school was "what are you doing Dave?".

I quite like them, and apparently there's some "research" which claims the dimples enhance the flavour of the beer. Your right though they are becoming more popular however they are more expensive to buy so I'm sure as people nick them from pubs, they probably won't be replaced. I found mine between the rafters of the 400 year old pub I used to manage over 20 years ago so it's definately the genuine article.

0MUPXpX.jpg

2SykrPM.jpg

IeFmY6e.jpg

k0Qt3Uq.jpg

Thank you David. One of the things I enjoy most in this thread are the links like the one’s you and others leave there. They’re like an open door to troves of interesting information.

0MUPXpX.jpg

2SykrPM.jpg

IeFmY6e.jpg

k0Qt3Uq.jpg

The lack of steps there (perhaps designed to assist the perambulations of elderly residents) made it a natural choice for Dalek colonization! :D :thumbsup:

Oh no! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

It did! :eek: I still have a small crescent-shaped scar on top of my head :rolleyes:

Fascinating post David :) :thumbsup:

Thank you mate, but you hang onto it :) I actually have a few spare ones. There were a few left after the 2019 Guardians knives went out, so I thought I might as well use them to package the DamLambs. I then realized I still had a few of the Guardians knives left, so I had to buy another dozen :rolleyes: :D I have some larger ones for the Barlow's, which I hope will be useful :thumbsup:

Hey folks, do you remember the hinged metal tins I sent out with the 2019 Guardians knives, (and with some of the DamLambs)? Has anyone done anything with theirs, using it in any way? I'm going to use mine for a wee fire kit for when I go out hiking, but would love to know what everyone else is doing with theirs (if anything) :thumbsup:
Let's see if this works...
Today's Pile (groups of traditional knives only)

Back