Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Howdy Guardians. Flickr has been down for a few days but it looks like it is coming back to life today. Hope you are all having a great weekend.
47937627322_f4cd6c68e0_h.jpg

Greetings. I have been on this forum consistently for only a short while, but I am very pleased with the tone, friendliness and the staggering amount of information here. Although I am a long time member of the Spyderco Forum (Michael Scott) after discovering Great Eastern Cutlery a couple of years ago I have been moving steadily toward traditional slip joint knives. I am basically familiar with slip joints being seventy-six and growing up in Texas where almost every male I knew carried a pocket knife. Those who did not were considered somewhat odd.
I had no knowledge of lamb foot knives before perusing BF but now I’ve read many pages of this thread and am certainly intrigued. I would appreciate any pointers to more information about the lamb foot, who, why, where, etc. It appears that A. Wright in Sheffield is the primary source. Saw a few on eBay, but, I am a bit leery.
Thanks, and I am enjoying the photos and commentary.

Indeed.
That one in particular is dry aged prime and cost me almost as much as the tool pictured atop.:eek:
But it was the debut of the snakewood lambsfoot and a proper patina was required.
I spared no expense.;)
Are you getting a little more used to the pull now?

Gotta agree with Dave, that is my favorite cut of beef and one nice pic. Grats :)
Of course, now I'm hungry :(
As Tina Turner sings "Simply the Best Better than all the Rest" :thumbsup::D

Greetings. I have been on this forum consistently for only a short while, but I am very pleased with the tone, friendliness and the staggering amount of information here. Although I am a long time member of the Spyderco Forum (Michael Scott) after discovering Great Eastern Cutlery a couple of years ago I have been moving steadily toward traditional slip joint knives. I am basically familiar with slip joints being seventy-six and growing up in Texas where almost every male I knew carried a pocket knife. Those who did not were considered somewhat odd.
I had no knowledge of lamb foot knives before perusing BF but now I’ve read many pages of this thread and am certainly intrigued. I would appreciate any pointers to more information about the lamb foot, who, why, where, etc. It appears that A. Wright in Sheffield is the primary source. Saw a few on eBay, but, I am a bit leery.

I can tell you from experience that the bay knives tend to be a mistake. Both the ones I got on ebay had some unfixable issues, I'd highly recommend ordering from a non bay source.

I can tell you from experience that the bay knives tend to be a mistake. Both the ones I got on ebay had some unfixable issues, I'd highly recommend ordering from a non bay source.
Thanks. I found A. Wright’s website so I will order from the source. Going to sell some non-users then do some shopping. I’m thinking rosewood would be nice.

2ZiCX1F.jpg

Cheers, Dave!

:) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the song, Jack. I hadn't listened to it in a loooong time. Still had the same impact and still tremendous. :thumbsup:
It was great seeing Charlie's post, wasn't it :) Wonderful.
You know me :rolleyes:...Last time I saw that pic, I wanted to ask - is that "Tonic" for the Great Nerve ( as in greater auricular) or is Dr. Cassell stating he has a superior product? :confused:

Raining here, too. Steady and moderate as opposed to one of the Mini-Monsoon types we've been experiencing off and on. Still thankful for every drop. Should be a ball game on later but like you, I'd rather be fishin' ;)

"Silly rule--this isn't a soccer match, after all: no hooligans!"
[rant]To me, that kinda thing is absurd! And what's the deal with this "don't keep score" thing? Protecting young egos from bruising? Bull. It's hindering growth. Instead of young players learning how to deal with the frustrations that come with the bumps in the path of life in a somewhat benign way, and conversely it's OK to be proud of accomplishment, isn't the actual underlying lesson to be non-competitive? :rolleyes: [/rant]
Nice pic

WELL SAID :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you :thumbsup: Loving that Paintbrush :cool:

Still not as difficult as trying to come up with an answer to "What do you think of this?" as she emerges from a dressing room :eek: :( :confused:
OG
oVQ1qM3.jpg

I do like that one OG :) :D Yes, absolutely wonderful to see Charlie's post, I'm hoping he'll be able to post more here soon. His wife, Joanne, told me that there is internet access at the rehabilitation centre, he just needs to sort out the passwords :) He's greatly missed :thumbsup:

Heaven knows what was in those 'nerve tablets'! :eek: I just did a quick search, and by coincidence (since Charlie lives there), the first piece I came across was from the Toronto Sunday World!

https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=iSgDAAAAIBAJ&pg=1838,4328201&hl=en

This post from the aptly-named 'thequackdoctor.com' gives a little more information :rolleyes:

https://thequackdoctor.com/index.ph...st-world-war-home-remedies-and-miracle-cures/

Dr Cassell must have made a lot of money from those tablets o_O I spotted the metal tube in an antique shop at the weekend, and have since used it to house some propriety fire-starters (Baddest Bee Fire Fuses) I sometimes use, as they fit perfectly :thumbsup:

Still enjoying your Yosemite pics my friend :) :thumbsup:

Howdy Guardians. Flickr has been down for a few days but it looks like it is coming back to life today. Hope you are all having a great weekend.
47937627322_f4cd6c68e0_h.jpg

Terrific photo Kevin, good to see you here mate :) :thumbsup:

Another picture of Guardians 18 in Ebony.:):thumbsup:

2vjsk1e.jpg

Very nice Jose :) :thumbsup:

Welcome :) Glad you're enjoying the thread, check out the index linked to in my original post, which will help answer many of your questions :thumbsup:

Lamb on Beef...
uEfmEFS.jpg

Looks like you've been treating yourself :D :thumbsup:

My (poor first) attempt at being "artsy" :D

Fine pic John :) :thumbsup:

Thanks. I found A. Wright’s website so I will order from the source. Going to sell some non-users then do some shopping. I’m thinking rosewood would be nice.

I'd agree with Jordan, but discussions about where to buy from are best done privately I think. That said, the Wright's website, bizarrely, is not run by them, but by a dealer. Rosewood is a good start :) :thumbsup:

It's still an obnoxious pull but seeing as it's just me pulling it, I'll capitulate.

Pull is a subjective thing ;) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone has had a good weekend :) Like the US, we have an extra day of it here in the UK, but it's pouring with rain again :( I was thinking of going to the cinema, but they're just showing kid's films until the evening :rolleyes: I've got Lucy with me today :thumbsup:

jQr2BPv.jpg

Last edited:
Back