Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Cheers to Jack! So excited!
4y5Ok5A.jpg

Not even from Law School? You worked HARD for that one.
That's the truth. But I hate graduation ceremonies. I only went to my university (B.A. degree) ceremony because of my parents--my father was very ill, too.

What can I say? I only go to my childrens' ceremonies now. Other relatives and friends get a card and/or gift.

I've been a curmudgeon a LONG time! :grumpy: :)

That's the truth. But I hate graduation ceremonies. I only went to my university (B.A. degree) ceremony because of my parents--my father was very ill, too.

What can I say? I only go to my childrens' ceremonies now. Other relatives and friends get a card and/or gift.

I've been a curmudgeon a LONG time! :grumpy: :)
Nowadays they have graduation ceremonies for kindergarten, elementary school, middle school... Seriously: a cap & gown ceremony for graduating kindergarten. :rolleyes: I can't see anything the kids get out of that, just seems like an opportunity to sell merch to the parents. Unless they believe the kid won't graduate high school, it's right up there with "participation trophies" in my opinion.

There. I think I qualify as a curmudgeon now. :D

Nowadays they have graduation ceremonies for kindergarten, elementary school, middle school... Seriously: a cap & gown ceremony for graduating kindergarten. :rolleyes: I can't see anything the kids get out of that, just seems like an opportunity to sell merch to the parents. Unless they believe the kid won't graduate high school, it's right up there with "participation trophies" in my opinion.

AGREED!!!

One of us!

Nowadays they have graduation ceremonies for kindergarten, elementary school, middle school... Seriously: a cap & gown ceremony for graduating kindergarten. :rolleyes: I can't see anything the kids get out of that, just seems like an opportunity to sell merch to the parents. Unless they believe the kid won't graduate high school, it's right up there with "participation trophies" in my opinion.There. I think I qualify as a curmudgeon now. :D
ROFL :D:D "I think I qualify as a curmudgeon now" - a realist, anyway :thumbsup:

I want to apologize for any perceived rudeness on my part. I was sifting through another thread and i realized that I might have neglected to acknowledge a number of posts. So I did a search here and sure enough, so I did...

Wow! That's some beautiful country Dylan, stunning pics :) :thumbsup: I was considering buying a kupilka just yesterday, my girlfriend brought me a nice wooden kuksa back from Finland, but it's a little on the small side. Great photo my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. And yes, I'd fully recommend a Kupilka, just a great cup. I think it might even come in a couple different sizes too.

Thanks for the interesting info. And yes, I care about and respect the environment. If you would, please PM me more info about where to get one?
Thanks
OG

Again, I do apologize for not getting back to you sooner. Jack mentioned it in my quote below as well but you should be able to find Kupilka relatively quickly with a search. They are not that expensive either. I can also send you a PM per your request.

You certainly live in a beautiful part of the world Dylan :) I will take your post as a recommendation :) Here's my kuksa, it was made by a feller in a small town in the north of Finland, but as you can see it's a bit on the small side :thumbsup:

7qNdJd1.jpg

If you search on 'Kupilka', you should be able to find them OG :thumbsup:

That kuksa is certainly a wee one, Jack. I like it though and it was a thoughtful gift from your girl. Perhaps it would do for a wee dram of something stiffer than coffee now and then?

Fantastic Dylan.

Those are very cool looking cups, They just scream "outdoors". :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

Fantastic photography Dylan, you captured the cold in those photos. The last one with the cup and DamiLami is excellent. Glad you had a good trip over the weekend. Thanks for the background on the cup, I've never heard of them before.

Thank you, fellas, and I do apologize for the lack of acknowledgement. It was 500+ post ago, this thread tends to cruise along.

Thanks for the kind words Dylan, it is always great to have you here, and that is another fantastic pic :) I should have guessed you played the fiddle! :)

Thank you, my friend. Always good to be here whenever I can. I didn't say I was any good at the fiddle but I have performed at a number of weddings, including my own. No one covered their ears so I guess that is a good sign.

Thanks, Dylan, I'm using my wife's old iPhone 4 o_O so that's as good as I can get my photos. :p

Well, I thought my phone was getting old... Yours is practically a dinosaur. That said, you are able to produce some fine pictures regardless.

Figured I would show this dusky lass some mark side love.

zjNuBw7.jpg

McMenamins is more noted for their beer than their coffee. It's good to see a souvenir of Oregon. I like it. I live about forty miles from you.

That they are. Truth be told, I have never had their coffee but am pretty familiar with their ales. I think my wife got me a couple of their coffee mugs because she knew I would like them. She was correct, of course. Oregon is a great place, especially away from the cities... But that might be true of any state really.

What a touching surprise you all arranged for your friend, Ron!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
That's a fine no-frills lambsfoot you posted - my kind of knife! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sounds delectable, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::) I bought a bag of clementines a few weeks ago and threw one or two into many of my "recipes" while I had them.
It was a great day for our friends Gary! :thumbsup: Good friends, good food, good fellowship and a terrific knife in my pocket! :thumbsup: :D

Well we officially finished our school year today, as teacher's debrief week was given an early closing due to a conference we're all attending next week. I haven't been able to post as much as usual, and I've had to skim through more threads than read carefully, but I've enjoyed what little I've been able to get through.

I've been carrying light a lot lately, just one knife most days. My oldest son started soccer practices and the coaches have graciously allowed me to participate with the team in the practices and workouts. The tryouts were last week and the first practice was yesterday. All of my sons got up with me this morning to do the running routine with my oldest. Of the four, the youngest dropped out first (he's only five, and he made it almost a quarter mile :-D). Then I lost the second oldest when he stopped to help the five-year-old (he ended up doing his own running since he didn't stay up with us, but didn't want to stop entirely). The second youngest got behind a few times, but cut some corners to keep up. The oldest and I managed to make it through the whole workout (about two miles of jogging and sprinting alternately) and felt pretty whipped by the end.

In the meantime, I was toting my K'roo today. Here's a shot with my 5-year-old's Ukulele:

fullsizeoutput_2eb8.jpeg

Well we officially finished our school year today, as teacher's debrief week was given an early closing due to a conference we're all attending next week. I haven't been able to post as much as usual, and I've had to skim through more threads than read carefully, but I've enjoyed what little I've been able to get through.

I've been carrying light a lot lately, just one knife most days. My oldest son started soccer practices and the coaches have graciously allowed me to participate with the team in the practices and workouts. The tryouts were last week and the first practice was yesterday. All of my sons got up with me this morning to do the running routine with my oldest. Of the four, the youngest dropped out first (he's only five, and he made it almost a quarter mile :-D). Then I lost the second oldest when he stopped to help the five-year-old (he ended up doing his own running since he didn't stay up with us, but didn't want to stop entirely). The second youngest got behind a few times, but cut some corners to keep up. The oldest and I managed to make it through the whole workout (about two miles of jogging and sprinting alternately) and felt pretty whipped by the end.

In the meantime, I was toting my K'roo today. Here's a shot with my 5-year-old's Ukulele:

View attachment 1140288
Hope you and your family enjoy your summer break Joshua! :thumbsup: :)

Here's a pic I posted in the EDC thread today :thumbsup:

sUQMNeo.jpg

My maternal grandfather was part of the British D-Day forces. He was always making things. He made small 'Spitfires' out of old British ha'pennies with just a hacksaw and a pair of pliers. Usually he'd round the wings and make them look just like a tiny plane. The one in the photo above was made when he was old, out of a British decimal coin (2p), he didn't file the edges so that me and my brother and sister, who also got one, could see they were coins :)
Kind of late, but you turn your back and it’s several pages past. I’m not a scholar, but I’ve read quite a bit about WW2. My Father was seriously injured as a Tanker, in the Battle of The Bulge, which after he passed, led me to read everything I could get my hands on.

The collective courage throughout the War is nothing short of astonishing. Speaking of the British People, who endured so many challenges from the start, and throughout the War, deserves much praise. Your Grandfather, being part of D Day, must have been a larger than life character. Making those beautiful planes was a great way of expressing his pride. Those mementos are precious, as is all life, which many gave to preserve our Freedom. Thank you to all who paid the ultimate price, or who survived to enrich our lives.

View attachment 1140288
Enjoy your break! That knife is a beaut!

Back