1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Lol. That's funny, GT. Love that song. :cool: :thumbsup:

Just two months now.
    Because cramming in more school days has shown to be such a benefit. :rolleyes:

2. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I believe I have that in one of my revolvers. Got Speer Gold Dot in the one I carry most often.

3. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    May we never forget the heroics that came to fruition on the 6th of June, 1944. I told my football players about it today.

Great posts today!

Carried this ol thing today! Mmmm fresh cut grass.
    IMG_20190606_201046.jpg

4. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Evening all, got a later start than I wanted here today. Great photos and stories from all!
    Great way to honor them, Jack! Thanks for some family history and the photos! Cool coin/plane!:):thumbsup:
    Sorry to hear about your father, Harvey! So many made such incredible sacrifices! Thanks for personalizing it.:):thumbsup:
    Cool shot! Is the cat guarding the lamb or the other way around?:D:thumbsup:

Nice shot, John! Hope you have an enjoyable summer break!:cool::thumbsup:
    Right!? Flooded more today, greenest spring in a long while!
    Great shot of the Stag Lamb grazing!:D:thumbsup:
    Very nice pairing, Dave! Nice way to break the day!:cool::thumbsup:
    Wifey make the stained glass art as well?
    Beautiful pattern welded / stag, your photo shows it off nicely, Dwight!:):thumbsup:
    :D:thumbsup:
    Nicely put, Vince! Great photo, lovely!:cool::thumbsup:
    Such an incredible operation, the scale just boggles the mind! Thanks for posting the images!
    Looks good to me, OG!:cool::thumbsup:
    Very nice pair, should be a sales image!:cool::thumbsup:
    Looks grand, Jack!:cool::thumbsup:
    It certainly was a coordinated effort by all the allies. It was successful, and what an incredible effort!
    Nice shot, John (no pun intended:D)! I'm pretty much settled on my S&W M&P Shield now, but I would like to get another wheel gun one of these days, maybe a Ruger .22 mag just for fun.
    :D Nice, Gary! On the fence about something? Great musical choice!:cool::thumbsup:
    Hello! Great Stag Lamb!:):thumbsup:
    Beautiful!:cool::thumbsup:
    Nice!
    Mmm, Black Betty, bam-a-Lamb-Foot!:D
    With Memorial day, D-Day and the Battle of the Bulge in mind, here's to all of those who fought and sacrificed so much, and to their families!
    I was given these photos by the 3rd Armored Division historian when I was stationed in Germany...
    [​IMG]

5. mitch4ging

Jun 16, 2015
    Nice, Taylor!
    Oh, just that ol' thing!?:D:thumbsup:

6. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, Dennis. :)

I hear those little S&W Shields are nice. Very cool picture with your Lamb. :cool: :thumbsup:

mitch4ging and Prester John like this.
  7. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Thanks, Dennis, :) the stained glass is one of a few we have. A friend of the Missus does the glass work, she made a special one for us with a crane in the piece, as that is part of my family crest.

8. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @Jack Black @mitch4ging

Thank you both for the kind words. To be clear, my Father didn’t succumb to his wounds, but he made it to 85. He was in the 3rd Armor, part of Patton’s group that raced to the Ardennes Forest. During the Battle, his tank was shelled, severely wounding him. In addition to his wounds, he also suffered frostbite to his feet, which plagued him throughout his life. The combination earned him permanent disability. but he was one of the lucky ones. His disabilities didn’t prevent him from coming home and with my Mother, brought me into the world. He was a good man, like the others.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  9. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Well, it's Friday, it's a vacation day for me, and I'm in San Antonio with my wife. Gonna be a great day, Guardians!
    [​IMG]

10. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
  11. mitch4ging

Jun 16, 2015
    Glad he made it home, that's what counts!!
    The 3rd Armored is who I was with during the gulf war. Was this the patch he wore?
    images.jpeg
    Awsome, have a great weekend, Vince! Great photo!

12. donn

donn Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Thanks GT. Aye I've heard a lot of ballyhoo about walls recently. We've got one in the north of England, built by the Romans to keep them pesky Scots out. :D
    Not much of it left like.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's interesting Jack. To me the surname 'Broadbent' is a Lancastrian (maybe Cumbrian as well) name. It's quite common west of the Pennines but I never met a Broadbent in 15 years of living in Yorkshire.
    You'll probably know the Quaker movement really solidified after George Fox spent time in Lancashire and there is still quite a sizable Quaker following in Lancashire. So I wonder whether the Barlows and Broadbents were actually Lancastrians.

Ahhh....I wasn't going to go for one of the Hartshead Barlows but looking at these two pictures of Wright's stag has bought me to my senses...:rolleyes::D

My dad, who was a very well traveled chap thought The Alamo to be one of the most fascinating places he'd ever visited.:thumbsup:

Verrry nice Jose. :thumbsup:

That looks an interesting documentary Harvey. There was a documentary series produced in the UK in the early 70's called "The World at War", which you may find very interesting. It was required viewing in schools when I was a nipper. My brother has the boxset and even today it's still quality television. I've just had a look and it appears most if not all episodes are on Youtube.

Looks like your all set for the evening John. All that's missing is your cup of cocoa. :D:thumbsup:

Curses! My meat pies often don't even make it out the shop so I don't think they'd last the 2 hour long shoeless shuffle at U.S Customs...:D

[​IMG]

13. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Good morning Guardians! I hope y’all have a great Black Friday! :D

[​IMG]

14. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Black and White ;)
    photo 2 (1).JPG

mitch4ging, OLd_gUY, TFBraden and 8 others like this.
  15. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Afternoon Guardians, I've only been back home a few minutes, but I thought you guys might like to see a few hastily-taken snaps of my loot! :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

smudge58, Pàdruig, Pt-Luso and 22 others like this.
  16. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    I do love me some hot cocoa. :cool:

Very appropriate picture, Dennis. :cool: :thumbsup:

Enjoy your day off, Vince. :)

President Trump might have gotten his wall built if it looked that cool.

Nice picture. I'm out of breath just looking at the angle of that sign. :D

This place needs a 'drool' emoji. Beautiful knife, Ron. :cool: :thumbsup:

You guys are killing me with the ebony beauties. Nice picture, Dave. :cool: :thumbsup:

17. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians
    [​IMG]

Pàdruig, Dschal, OLd_gUY and 10 others like this.
  18. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    I think in the mundane Midwest we just call that "pig-in-a-blanket". :)

That pic of your AC is Auspiciously Charming, Dwight! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Good analysis of the storm/flood photos, Dennis! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Thanks for the positive comment on my filtered photo. :)
    Phenomenal patina on your ironwood! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (Wolfhounds?? :eek:;))

Thanks, Dwight; I obviously doctored my pic, too. ;)
    Striking shot of your AC, regardless of Adjusted Color! ;):cool::cool:

Thanks, Jack. :) My plan is to (re-)read Asimov's Robot, Empire, and Foundation novels this summer. :rolleyes:
    Interesting info on a film I've never seen. :cool::cool:

Sublime knife, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I hope you get the tech issues resolved soon, Preston! :thumbsup::thumbsup::) We miss your posts here lately!

Congrats, Mr. Black! You're the father of healthy Barlow twins! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:;)

David, your recent posts often "tickle my funny bone"! :p:thumbsup::D I always enjoy seeing the Eye of Sauron! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

That coin-to-plane transformation is amazing, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

:p:D:thumbsup: 3 cheers for redundancy! ;)

Well, I knew it was wrong, but I thought using some of the few Spanish words I knew to get the idea across was mildly amusing and even somewhat poetic with the similarity between the sound of "casa" and "caca". :rolleyes:

Thanks for the translation, Vince. :)

Certainly true for me, Vince. I think I attended 32 grad ceremonies in the 35 years I worked at my college; I missed one to move my wife's stuff from Indiana to Michigan, missed another during a sabbatical, and missed a third for a figure skating competition in which my daughter skated. I gave my robe to a colleague after I officially retired a year ago, so I don't plan on attending any more. ;)
    I attended my own ceremonies for kindergarten, 8th grade, 12th grade, and college (only the last 2 required rental robes), but skipped grad opportunities for masters and doctoral degrees.

My lambsfoot this week is the Valley Jack. Apologies if I posted this pic already this week:
    VJ.mark.Vopen.knot.jpg

- GT

19. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    I haven't seen that version yet, it a great picture and a beautiful knife. :cool: :thumbsup:

20. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thank you Dennis and I've probably said it before but let me say thank you sir for your service.

Thank you Harvey for sharing this. Poignant yet uplifting.

Have a great weekend Vince. I love San Antonio.

OLd_gUY, dc50, cigarrodog and 2 others like this.