The first outdoor photos!:cool::thumbsup:

2el5bvr.jpg

2v8n3ao.jpg

Good morning Guardians (and afternoon :))View attachment 1151382

Y’all have a great Wednesday! :D

48131824071_c6f9c4d904_b_d.jpg

Great pics guys :) :thumbsup:

One of many reasons I have to go to the gym. :DView attachment 1151386

Looks tasty Dwight, and reminds me of the delicious savoury galette I had for lunch :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
Taking a lesson from Dwight, balancing out the Jammie Dodgers with an apple...

An apple a day John ....;) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack. I hope you don't ever need yours, either.

Interesting probable patina progression prediction for these blades. I'm looking forward to finding out... :)

Wow. That's quite a day, alright. Glad everything worked out with the package and I hope you're back to 100% health soon.

Hooray. The Hartsheads do enjoy being out-of-doors. :D

Great picture! It really captures the beautiful details of the wood.

Good morning to you, as well! Your photo reminds me of that cartoon of one fish about to swallow another fish that is about to swallow another fish that is about to swallow... :D

Rosewood seems to be the predominate choice today. Yours is another fine example, Ron! :thumbsup:

Well, gosh, I guess I'll carry Rosewood today, too. Sigh, the burdens we must bare to fit in.... :D

xkeWOymh.jpg

Thanks Greg, great choice! :D :thumbsup:

From your GAW; Taylor sent it my way. I believe you said it was a limited edition, and I think it is African rosewood. Whatever it is, I love it.

Sorry Vince (and Taylor), my memory is like a sieve! :eek: Yes, it IS African Rosewood :) :thumbsup:

Picked up these beauts this week ...

NBEKToD.jpg

Very nice indeed :) :thumbsup:

After my lamentations about gifting my lone lamb away, and being sure I would not land any of Charlie's SFO, the universe smiled on me. I'm smitten. Aside from a faint right half of the etch on the jigged bone (a minor issue since I probably was going to make that a user anyways), these are damn near flawless. I can just barely pinch open the ebony, but the nick is in the perfect spot for me to easily open both (can't remember if it was this thread or somewhere else where someone asked about pinchability). After being relatively new to the traditional world 18 months ago, I can say the lambsfoot pattern is one of my faves, if not my fave.

Well done on these @waynorth.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

After my lamentations about gifting my lone lamb away, and being sure I would not land any of Charlie's SFO, the universe smiled on me. I'm smitten. Aside from a faint right half of the etch on the jigged bone (a minor issue since I probably was going to make that a user anyways), these are damn near flawless. I can just barely pinch open the ebony, but the nick is in the perfect spot for me to easily open both (can't remember if it was this thread or somewhere else where someone asked about pinchability). After being relatively new to the traditional world 18 months ago, I can say the lambsfoot pattern is one of my faves, if not my fave.

Well done on these @waynorth.

View attachment 1151506

Hey there, congratulations :) That was the other thread where there was the talk about pinchability. I guess it's one of those subjective things like pull strength judging from what was being said there. I'm a middle-aged man with arthritis and soft hands, but I can pinch open all my Lambsfoot knives, figure I've been doing it a long time :) On some it's easier than others of course, but it's not hard on any of them. You have more blade to pinch with a candle-end frame (even though I generally prefer Swaybacks), and a big nail-nick will give you some friction. The big blades usually give more leverage, making them easier to open, and most blades get easier to open after a bit of oiling and use :) :thumbsup:

Hey there, congratulations :) That was the other thread where there was the talk about pinchability. I guess it's one of those subjective things like pull strength judging from what was being said there. I'm a middle-aged man with arthritis and soft hands, but I can pinch open all my Lambsfoot knives, figure I've been doing it a long time :) On some it's easier than others of course, but it's not hard on any of them. You have more blade to pinch with a candle-end frame (even though I generally prefer Swaybacks), and a big nail-nick will give you some friction. The big blades usually give more leverage, making them easier to open, and most blades get easier to open after a bit of oiling and use :) :thumbsup:

Absolutely. I always think similar thoughts when people report a pull of a 6/10. Use it and it gets easier to open!

I also have to say compared to recent GEC offerings, I was pleasantly surprised to how few filings came out after hitting the pivot with some tuf-glide. Barely any for my two. I also fear that these have spurred me to use the rest of the workday eyeing other lambsfoots to purchase. I fear for my wallet.

Lam Jack is out of this world, GT.
I dig that pocket watch too. :thumbsup:

The Hartshead Barlows showed up just in time for my last day of work. I tossed the Rosewood, that Jack so graciously sent just for the occasion, in my pocket and put in the last day.
I was wondering if other countries have the "two week notice" or is it just us silly Americans that will tell their boss "I quit" and work two more weeks so they can try to find someone to replace you.
Come to think of it, when they fire you they don't give you two weeks notice so you can find another job...... I am starting to feel like I have been duped ! I have a Hartshead Barlow in my pocket, nothing can bring me down, not even "the man" tricking me into working a extra two weeks! ;):D

48129782501_e7ef8acb9a_h.jpg
Once upon a time in America, giving two weeks notice, on both sides, was the civilized expected thing to do. Today, we live in a “hire at will” work ethic. You did what you had to do and that’s a good thing.

Prester John Prester John Vince, that’s a rugged good look at your Lamb.

Jack Black Jack Black Cool table shot of your Stag Barlow.

@Fixall Here’s to your quick recovery.

Fodderwing Fodderwing A sweet three headed monster Barlow Fest.

Now you’ve redeemed your Apple Mishap.:)

@JohnDF John...It looks like Dwight got to you.:eek:

@WhittlinAway A nice look at your Rosewood Barlow.

Good Afternoon Guardians. Thank you kindly Barry. Signed, Grateful.
0E7F90A9-1E98-4C51-936A-3AFAD6BA1CEB.jpeg

Absolutely. I always think similar thoughts when people report a pull of a 6/10. Use it and it gets easier to open!

I also have to say compared to recent GEC offerings, I was pleasantly surprised to how few filings came out after hitting the pivot with some tuf-glide.

Yes indeed :rolleyes: That's good news, they certainly look stunning :) :thumbsup:

The first outdoor photos!:cool::thumbsup:

2el5bvr.jpg

2v8n3ao.jpg
Very nice, José :)

@Fixall - Great story on retrieving your UPS package. :D I hope you heal up quickly from the shoulder surgery. Good luck on your knives arriving soon.
Good morning Guardians (and afternoon :))View attachment 1151382
Great collection :thumbsup:
One of many reasons I have to go to the gym. :DView attachment 1151386
Looks scrumptious. Suggestion: have some more, go to the gym more often ;)
Picked up these beauts this week ...

NBEKToD.jpg
Lookin' mighty good :cool: Grats :thumbsup:

I'm out of step today I'm afraid ;)

gipCPTn.jpg
Stunning pic of a stunning Lambsfoot! Love the stag :cool:

Y’all have a great Wednesday! :D

48131824071_c6f9c4d904_b_d.jpg
Well, gosh, I guess I'll carry Rosewood today, too. Sigh, the burdens we must bare to fit in.... :D

xkeWOymh.jpg
Great Rosewood pics, guys :cool:

Emmylou said "I may not be a Barlow, but don't forget about me"
IwlbSFZ.jpg

OG

Back