Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thanks, Dennis, great Stag my friend.:thumbsup::D
Thanks, Dave! They're all great! Hope yours arrive soon!
You are doing great with the multi-quoting Dennis, thanks for all the kind words :) I'm glad your Barlow made it, I hope you found the other pin in the envelope :thumbsup:
Thank you very much, Jack!! I think everyone is overdosing on Knife Knirvana !:D:thumbsup:
Yes, I didn't see it till you mentioned it! Thank you very much!:)
Congratulations! It looks great!
Thank you for the kind words, Greg! Haven't seen a lemon yet!:thumbsup:
Baby steps.... ;):D
And the first one's the hardest.:confused::D
Absolutely gorgeous barlow! :D
Thank you so very much, Dwight!:):thumbsup:
Finally, my wonderful beauties arrived, I'm delighted, congratulations Jack and also for A. Wright!!!:D:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
Fantastic, José! Good things run in pairs!:cool::thumbsup: looks like the stag matches nicely on both sides!
Congrats, Dennis, on taking possession of that glorious stag Barlow with the lambsfoot blade! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
Thank you very much, Gary, I am very tickled with it!
Thanks for the flattery, Dennis. :) Your example is very vivid and vigorous
:p:thumbsup:
Congratulations on your beautiful Barlow!:):thumbsup:
Thank you very much, José!:):thumbsup:
For Wooden Wednesday:
WESCTHM.jpg

Have a great one, Guardians!
What a Wonderful Wooden Won for Wednesday, Vince!:D
Morning Guardians, it's raining here again :rolleyes: Hope everyone is having a good week. Some stag for me today :) :thumbsup:

kWyvJOd.jpg
I must say, a great way to start the day! A bit of the First Fruits!:cool::thumbsup:
The first outdoor photos!:cool::thumbsup:

2el5bvr.jpg
Very easy to look at!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Should make your day Rosie!:cool::thumbsup: Such great covers!
Good morning Guardians (and afternoon :))
img_3293-jpeg.1151382
Oh man! A tripple threat! Very nice, Dwight!;):thumbsup:
One of many reasons I have to go to the gym. :DView attachment 1151386
The reason I need to start going to the gym!:D
Good Morning Guardians
Taking a lesson from Dwight, balancing out the Jammie Dodgers with an apple...
...keeps the Dr. away! Looks good, John!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Well, gosh, I guess I'll carry Rosewood today, too. Sigh, the burdens we must bare to fit in.... :D

xkeWOymh.jpg
Tis a burden to carry such a fine example!:cool::thumbsup: Nice choice!

I'm out of step today I'm afraid ;)

gipCPTn.jpg
And the grand Stag Stands alone! You are a rebel, Jack!:):thumbsup:
Good Afternoon Guardians. Thank you kindly Barry. Signed, Grateful.
Wow! What a beauty, Harvey! That ebony is sublime!
Emmylou said "I may not be a Barlow, but don't forget about me"
IwlbSFZ.jpg
Glad you let Emmylou out to play! She must be well balanced for the lumberjack to be able to lift! OR, she's going to wait for the right moment, and then spring into action to strike a fatal blow of revenge for all trees ever cut down!:eek::p:thumbsup:
Picked up some beers in the supermarket, tastes like pop! o_O :rolleyes:

U9jn7LH.jpg
Looks like an interesting choice! Haven't found an IPA I've cared for yet, just too hoppy. But I'll try some mentioned by Taylor and others here.
For a minute, I thought I was in the beverages thread! So, without further eloquence:
IPJMihK.jpg
Agree with the others, such great color range on that one!:):thumbsup:

Not sure what I'm going to pocket tomorrow, but I might go with these two ;) :thumbsup:

OLV4LLU.jpg

uKidElJ.jpg
Can't see you going amiss with either!;):thumbsup: Both are exquisite!
Great shot, Tyler! Playground duty?:cool::thumbsup:
Is it the weekend, yet?
jd6e3FJ.jpg
Nice, Rachel! To quote Paul and John, that's an 'Eight Days a Week' kinda blade!;):thumbsup:
The waiting is the hardest part.... This made it bearable!
B8wOL8Q.jpg
That aught about do it!! Nice stand in until then!:cool::thumbsup:
Another photo of Barlow Stag!:):thumbsup:

28i7nr9.jpg
Awsome shot!
Is that the reflection of the sky, or have you already applied a patina?
With the blade text being stamped, it's nice to know even after a patina is developed!:cool::thumbsup:
Great photos, Dwight!:eek::thumbsup: Love it.
And I've called a local Cryptozoologist, and he confirmed that is a knife packing North American Bark-ing Armadillo! Cool little fella!:D:thumbsup:
Good evenin' Guardians!

HZOBRXp.jpg
A fine way to end the day! Looks great!
Wonderful shot, Dave! Indeed, Pure Prairie League Gold! :cool::thumbsup:
Did you know a Lamb has four feet?o_O:DView attachment 1151655
Wow, what a great foursome! Nice shot, Charlie!:):thumbsup:
Guardians, my Hartshead Barlow arrived in today mail:thumbsup: and after much running back and forth my computer is back from the shop, supposedly exorcised of all demons and gremlins:rolleyes: Time will tell but so far, so good. Only have a gazillion pages to try and catch up on!
Here it is as it came so lovingly packaged from Jack. More photos after I get her flushed and oiled...
IMG_1201.JPG
Fantastic! And what a looker, Preston! Congratulations!:)
Well, I am a bright Chartreuse green with envy seeing all these wonderful Hartshead Barlow models from everyone in such beautiful settings, thanks all!!!

These Necco candy wafers tend to end up in the love them or hate them category by most (older) people. :)

View attachment 1151686
Nice looking Stag!
I use to love those wafers, hadn't seen them in a long time. :thumbsup:
Lam Jack all week for me:
gl-mark-halfopen-leaves-jpg.1151689
Such a grand photo, Gary! Beautiful colors all about!:):thumbsup:
Wanted to wait for sunset to shoot this one. Again, Thank you Barry.
EAAE268F-920C-4541-8562-00038E53E43D_zpstc9wnmsn.jpeg
Oh, man! You certainly have bragging rights there Harvey!! Your photo captured it wonderfully!:cool::thumbsup:
My Hartshead Barlow with rosewood covers arrived this afternoon! I took a couple of quick photos before my camera batteries gave up the ghost, and want to post one tonight before bedtime as an official record of the arrival. You'll notice signs, near the tang and on the protruding spring in this first pic of the pile side, that I haven't even made time to flush the knife yet.
Thanks again to Jack Black for making this happen, and I hope to have "official debut photos" Thursday or Friday.
View attachment 1151720

View attachment 1151721

- GT
Congratulations, Gary! I'd say it was worth the (grueling, neverending)wait!:cool::thumbsup: Look forward to some more photos!,
I thought the desert ironwood background was at least fitting for what's in the works... ;)

8f10XVb.jpg
Very nice! Congratulations!:cool::thumbsup:

Guardians, my Hartshead Barlow arrived in today mail:thumbsup: and after much running back and forth my computer is back from the shop, supposedly exorcised of all demons and gremlins:rolleyes: Time will tell but so far, so good. Only have a gazillion pages to try and catch up on!
Here it is as it came so lovingly packaged from Jack. More photos after I get her flushed and oiled...
IMG_1201.JPG

Congratulations Preston is a beautiful stag!!;):thumbsup:

My Hartshead Barlow with rosewood covers arrived this afternoon! I took a couple of quick photos before my camera batteries gave up the ghost, and want to post one tonight before bedtime as an official record of the arrival. You'll notice signs, near the tang and on the protruding spring in this first pic of the pile side, that I haven't even made time to flush the knife yet.
Thanks again to Jack Black for making this happen, and I hope to have "official debut photos" Thursday or Friday.
hartshead-pile-v-jpg.1151720

hartshead-mark-v-intinwithpin-jpg.1151721

Congratulations Gary, beautiful Barlow in Rosewood!!;):thumbsup:

Awsome shot!
Is that the reflection of the sky, or have you already applied a patina?
With the blade text being stamped, it's nice to know even after a patina is developed!:cool::thumbsup:

Thanks Dennis, it's the reflection of the sky, it does not have patina yet.;):thumbsup:

Finally, my wonderful beauties arrived, I'm delighted, congratulations Jack and also for A. Wright!!!:D:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

2u6ejr9.jpg
2h35vvc.jpg
2iiuzdf.jpg
rvvl82.jpg
2e3r0om.jpg
11wg1vp.jpg
fo24nq.jpg
50k2zr.jpg

Good catch Jose!

Pt-Luso Pt-Luso The wait was worth it. They’re beautiful. Congratulations, José.

dc50 dc50 very cool image Dave. You’ve got the touch.

Jack Black Jack Black -Waiting for a much desired package taking its’ sweet time. Bummed even(first world problems). Then, unexpectedly, another package, bringing a big happy grin to my face. Your package with an intact, fresh as can be, Yorkshire Parkin. The real deal. Dense, tangy, chewy, and gooey. Delicious! Thank you so much. So kind of you. Love the Friend of Yorkshire pin and key chain, too.
View attachment 1151098

You do live well mate :) :thumbsup:

I try to...:)
HTPWswp.jpg

When I was about 13, my dad suddenly told me I needed a shave. I don't have any sons, but if I did, I'd think your boy's first shave would be a big event, and you'd set him on the right course. Not my tight-fisted father, he presented me with one of those Techmatics with one shave left on it, and to say he'd done it his whole adult life, he had about as much idea how to get a good shave as I have to moon-walk. I had one shave with the piece of junk, and went out and bought myself a Wilkinson Sword safety razor o_O :rolleyes:

Great story. My dad bought me one of those cheap travel shavers for my birthday and said "try that".:rolleyes:

Of all the pocket slips I own these are by far my favorites. I will probably never use any of the others from now on. The material is exquisite and her workmanship spot on. Thanks again Jack!

... :D ... thanks for the reminder... :D ...

Thank you Greg. I appreciate that!

View attachment 1151205

Dwight and Rachel, great looking knives you have there. It really looks like you use professional photo kit. :)

I was wondering if other countries have the "two week notice" or is it just us silly Americans that will tell their boss "I quit" and work two more weeks so they can try to find someone to replace you.
Come to think of it, when they fire you they don't give you two weeks notice so you can find another job...... I am starting to feel like I have been duped ! I have a Hartshead Barlow in my pocket, nothing can bring me down, not even "the man" tricking me into working a extra two weeks! ;):D

48129782501_e7ef8acb9a_h.jpg

Here in the UK it used to be 2 weeks but can be 4 weeks. In my job at the place I work it's now 6 weeks notice and there's been talk of extending it to 8 weeks. :rolleyes:
That's a great shot you've caught there. :thumbsup:

Picked up some beers in the supermarket, tastes like pop! o_O :rolleyes:

U9jn7LH.jpg

I like IPAs, but not Light IPAs! o_O Hey Vince, you ever come across 'pickle backs', the left over liquid in a pickle jar, I've seen them served as an after tequila shot in a few fancy bars here?! :confused: Maybe they even charge money for them! o_O :rolleyes:

Hey Jack, I'm not a 'craft ale' person at all, but I tried some of that Hazey Daze a few weeks ago and it tasted like Lilt or Tango. Great if you wanted a soft drink, not so much if you wanted a beer.
The only IPA I like was one called 'Londinium', a black IPA brewed by Roosters in Knaresborough, otherwise I can't stand them. They even altered the recipes of some of the established beers like Pedigree to make them more hoppy and "modern" IPA-like. :rolleyes:

For a minute, I thought I was in the beverages thread!

No this is the food thread. :D

IMG_1201.JPG

Great to see you've got yours to Preston. That looks like nice stag. :thumbsup:

That's a difference between American and British English of which I wasn't aware; thanks, David. :cool::cool::thumbsup:
I may be a natural, but there's always the question of "natural WHAT?" :rolleyes: Who IS Dan Dare? Google didn't give me anything that looked right for the context.

Lam Jack all week for me:
View attachment 1151689

- GT

Hi GT, "Dan Dare-Pilot of the Future" was a comic book hero from the 1950's sci-fi comic 'Eagle'. The Eagle ran from 1950 to 1969 and Dan Dare was it's main character until 1967.
He was a daring pilot who flew for Interplanet Starfleet in the 1990's and his main adversary was the Mekon from Venus.
In reality he was the product of the Reverend Marcus Morris from Preston in Lancashire and was illustrated by Frank Hampson. He's a very traditional character; a product of the WWII British stiff upper lip Dunkirk Spirit culture. He was dreamt up by Rev' Morris as a counterpoint to the US comics that made it over to the UK during WWII which the Rev' thought were overly bloodthirsty and violent for young boys.
The comic was very popular and would often sell out all it's runs.

The bust of Dan Dare, at the Atkinson Museum in Southport.
qdevPKR.jpg

Now GT, is that mighty fine Hartshead of yours going to get a name like that mighty fine Lam Jack (and the others)? :D

PqJDBgY.jpg

Good morning/afternoon, Guardians!
Great photos of the Hartshead Barlows, everyone!:thumbsup:

Sincere thank you to Jack Black Jack Black for his work and vision on this stunning Stag Barlow! I hope to post more pics and a bit of a review this weekend when work lets up. For now, let's just say, I'm thrilled!!

Thanks, Jack!!:cool::D;)

qUaiGPv.jpg

Sincere thank you to Jack Black Jack Black for his work and vision on this stunning Stag Barlow! I hope to post more pics and a bit of a review this weekend when work lets up. For now, let's just say, I'm thrilled!!

qUaiGPv.jpg
Wow, that is nice!!

qUaiGPv.jpg
Extraordinary stag Mark, congratulations!

Great picture of your Barlow on the turf. It was a beautiful night last night, I enjoyed the cool evening for a change.

How about an "old friend" for Thursday?
2I3m9LY.jpg
Looking great, Vince. :cool: :thumbsup:

Great photo, the book is a perfect sentiment. :cool: :thumbsup:

Mine today:
YRD8lcB.jpg
Oh, I wouldn't even know which of those two to pick, the Barlow is extraordinary and the Ebony is a dream. :cool: :thumbsup:
Hope all is going well with you, Dennis. :)

That horn could light up the darkest day. :cool: :thumbsup:

They made great targets for a bb gun.
7vUdsoH.jpg
Now why did I not ever think of that? Great idea!

Wow! :eek:
That stag has some beautiful color!!! :cool: :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians
I was really busy yesterday but managed to at least visit a few times and hit a lot of "like" buttons.
Despite having some very fancy Lambsfoot knives now, the rosewood still remains my favorite.
Hope everybody has a fantastic day today. :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks Greg, great choice! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack. :)

Picked up these beauts this week ...

NBEKToD.jpg

Beauts, for sure! Congrats!

I'm out of step today I'm afraid ;)

gipCPTn.jpg

Out of step, or a step ahead? ;) :D

After my lamentations about gifting my lone lamb away, and being sure I would not land any of Charlie's SFO, the universe smiled on me. I'm smitten. Aside from a faint right half of the etch on the jigged bone (a minor issue since I probably was going to make that a user anyways), these are damn near flawless. I can just barely pinch open the ebony, but the nick is in the perfect spot for me to easily open both (can't remember if it was this thread or somewhere else where someone asked about pinchability). After being relatively new to the traditional world 18 months ago, I can say the lambsfoot pattern is one of my faves, if not my fave.

Well done on these @waynorth.

View attachment 1151506

Congratulations. The lambsfoot pattern certainly does have a way of working its way into your heart.

WhittlinAway WhittlinAway A nice look at your Rosewood Barlow.

Good Afternoon Guardians. Thank you kindly Barry. Signed, Grateful.
0e7f90a9-1e98-4c51-936a-3afad6ba1ceb-jpeg.1151514

Thanks Harvey. And, wow, congratulations!

Great Rosewood pics, guys :cool:

Emmylou said "I may not be a Barlow, but don't forget about me"
IwlbSFZ.jpg

Thanks OG. Emmylou's looking in fine form! :thumbsup:

From any angle, in any light, your Barlow, Vince, is beautiful. It’s a classic now and will remain so for many years to come.:thumbsup:

Hear, hear!

Thanks Greg! Congratulations on your beautiful Rosewood Hartshead! :thumbsup: :)

Thanks Ron!

Not sure what I'm going to pocket tomorrow, but I might go with these two ;) :thumbsup:

OLV4LLU.jpg

uKidElJ.jpg

Yup, those'll do!

Jack, I'm sure it's been discussed before, but I don't remember. Is there a story behind the ebony model? It looks to have standard bolsters, but has the REAL LAMB FOOT etch. Is it perhaps a prototype for the 2018 Guardians edition, or is it much older from a time when they were regularly doing the etch, or...?

Is it the weekend, yet?
jd6e3FJ.jpg

Not yet. :( Keep hanging in there, just like your Hartshead is doing. :)

:thumbsup:

Lovely color on that horn, Dave! :thumbsup:

IMG_1201.JPG

Congrats!

I've run out of time this morning. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up on the rest of the posts I wanted to respond to later today. In the mean time, inspired by Prester John Prester John , I'll also be carrying an old friend for Thursday, shown here in an old photo from about this time in 2016:

24c75b6101735862d398c9bb6d50f345.jpg

Back