Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Just don't let it happen again. ;)
That restaurant looks like my kind of place, no fluff, just good food. :thumbsup:

I got to tell you it made me smile when I read your post. It's great that you took the time to give it a tune and put it to work. :thumbsup:

48561345252_58f4b32da4_h.jpg

They don't even have matching glassware Kevin, but the food is top notch! :D :thumbsup: Cool pic, those switch-blade combs haven't changed since I was a kid! :D :thumbsup:

Hey Charlie
Did the doc say what size those beers had to be? :D
images

:D :thumbsup:

Mine's not an automatic, it's "traditional"! ;)
hlrWbnd.jpg

Same here pal, mine mostly stays in the bathroom though, if my hair is long enough to comb it's way past time to go to the barbers! :D I do comb out my side whiskers before shaving though ;) :thumbsup:

B8yum0l.jpg

I'm not sure about that, but there might be some other ebony making an appearance at some point (and I haven't forgotten the white camel bone @r8shell) ;) :thumbsup:

If I can get Wright's to do one in bone, it'll almost certainly be camel bone. They have suggested using Pere David stag, sanded down and polished, but nice though I'm sure that would look, I don't think it's the same :thumbsup:

Jack I like that this discussion is already going on. I like the natural smooth white bone and you know I really like Ebony too. I haven’t seen any natural Camel Bone that has not been dyed that I recall. So I really can’t say how it would look. I had a conversation with Bill on Saturday morning about how they did all the Natural Smooth White Bone for the knives at the Rendezvous. He also explained the process that makes the difference between the Primitive Bone and the Natural Smooth White Bone. It was very interesting. Oh yeah in all this talk let’s not forget that we’ve never had a Guardians release that was a Bigun!! Yet!!! :D

Good morning. Biscuits and Gravy with crumpled Jimmy Dean "HOT" Sausage and a couple extra patties for breakfast accompanied by my Buffalo Horn covered "Big Un"

YU8IV6O.jpg

Ed, my man! :thumbsup: Not only do you have excellent taste in cutlery your taste in your choices for breakfast are right on! :thumbsup: That’s a breakfast that would be right at home in any southern home! Jimmy Dean "HOT" Sausage is great stuff! :thumbsup: :D

Same here pal, mine mostly stays in the bathroom though, if my hair is long enough to comb it's way past time to go to the barbers! :D I do comb out my side whiskers before shaving though ;) :thumbsup:
Got a large Kent comb in the bathroom next to the Brylcreem (also English!), and a small one for my shirt pocket. I use the folding comb if I wear a t-shirt, and it goes in my left front pocket with the knife of the day. :cool:

The first week of my vacation I did quite well in keeping up with this thread. But during the second week of vacation - last week - I hardly looked at it from Tuesday until today. So I'm back in superficial catch-up mode.:rolleyes:

You know what's a nicely consistent cover material? Smooth white bone.
Just sayin'...
I admire your ability to stay on message in the face of all the distractions here, r8shell. :) :thumbsup:
:D:p:thumbsup:

Thanks Gary.:thumbsup: The beams of light are the exaggerated beams of sunlight. Great pic of Union Jack!
If you look real close you can see "made in England" on the wooden caliper rule.
82zZVvv.jpg

Here's hoping for a great day for all my fellow Guardians.:thumbsup:
Thanks, Mark. :) Fetching photo of your stag HHB! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

The natural light really shows off the beautiful grain! Nice one GT.
Thanks, JaxBaron JaxBaron . :)

5K Qs 5K Qs Thank you G.T. For the nice things you said. In the future, every time I see Union Jack, I’ll be reminded of those warm, Sunny waterfront days of your vacation. I didn’t think that second image of Union Jack was strange. Rather liked it, especially the Mason Jar beer glass.

Good Morning Guardians. Thought of all the Canadian Guardians when my neighbor/friend came home from a driving trip to Canada, with a case of Molson Export Ale. I exchanged with him a bottle of Samuel Smith Chocolate Stout for one.
F36AC788-8054-4FDF-B185-F6606805FC81_zps0wdq1eba.jpeg
Thanks, Harvey. :) My rosewood, stag, and ebony lambsfoots have all been on vacation with me the past couple of years and now have some very special memories attached to them. :cool::) Fine photo of your Damascus snakewood! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The light reflecting on Union Jack, looks fantastic.
Thanks, @cudgee.:) I was quite surprised by the effect of that low almost-horizontal sunlight hitting the rosewood. :eek:

Looking good, Gary!
Would that be called a 'pile-Jack'?:D:thumbsup:

Thank you very much, Gary! We'll get there eventually!;):thumbsup:

Awsome! Stunning coloring!
Maybe UJ had a little too much ale,...feeling 'light headed'?!:D:rolleyes::p (I'm really sorry for these, Gary!o_O)
Thanks for the kind and amusing words, Dennis! :thumbsup::D I think UJ and I were both a little light headed after reading "black ... pale ale" on the can. :confused::rolleyes:

Thanks Gary, stag is certainly very traditional on a Barlow :thumbsup:

UJ never looked better GT ;) :thumbsup:

Thank you very much my friend :) my is still a bit sore, but thankfully it didn't 'go' :eek: My feet sure do ache though! :D :thumbsup:
I appreciate your encouragement, Jack, and am glad you survived your hike. :)

Morning Guardians, few pics from my hike yesterday :) :thumbsup:

ngTrUoC.jpg

Zct4kjH.jpg

Fantastic photos of your hike, Jack; that stag HHB sure is photogenic in the great outdoors! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Do you know anything about the stone walkway? Who built it? When? From whence to where does it run?

Some wondrous wood you had last Wednesday, Ron! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I usually just make pies and crumbles Harvey, but there are a lot this year. I've put most of the ones I picked today in the freezer, and I have about a pound I'll make a crumble with in the next couple of days. I bought some strawberries today, so I might have a few blackberries with those :)

wcwzri4.jpg

These are just from the patch in my gardens, but there are brambles all over here, and so few people pick them these days :confused: Crazy, they are the most expensive summer fruits in the supermarket here! :rolleyes:
W:eek:W, that's a bountiful harvest, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

I've only just jumped on the Lambfoot Band Wagon here in the Guardians thread recently (about two months ago); however, I have caught up and read all the post since the beginning of the Guardians thread. What with all that reading, it seems that some Guardians have had difficulty with the pull of the Pen blade on the Two Blade Lambfoot knife and in some cases, the Lambfoot blade too. Well, everyone here knows I'm a sucker for difficult knives so I up and ordered a Two Blade Lambfoot knife directly from the manufacturer in Sheffield, England and it arrived this past Monday. Following are pictures of the knife with a few comments from me too.

V6ED9nh.jpg

AXmIRdS.jpg

1VzOQvs.jpg

The knife is a solid, well built knife. There is absolutely no under blading of either blade and the pull for both blades is a smooth 6. The covers are Rosewood and there are no gaps, cracks, or chips in the covers or between the covers and the liners. No gaps anywhere even between the liners and springs. The blades came sharp; however, I did touch them up with a fine, white, ceramic rod. The knife is well finished with a satin finish on both blades and both blades are centered in their wells. Overall this is a first rate knife and I'm glad to have it.

My theory: I think that what with all the knives that Jack Black Jack Black has had made by this manufacturer that the manufacturerer has stepped up their attention to detail and is now putting out top grade knives throughout their line. I say this because in the last month, I've purchased multiple Lambfoot blade knives from them and all of them have been blemish, issue, free. Whenever I order from the manufacturerer in their "How did you hear about us" box, I always say; "Jack Black - Blade Forums". Don't know if that has any influence but somehow I think it does.

Anyway, I wouldn't hesitate to order another Two-Blade Lambfooot knife and especially, wouldn't be concerned about a difficult pull of either blade.
Thanks for the review of your 2-blade lambsfoot, ED, and for proposing your theory; informative post! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

When I placed my order, I mentioned in the comments section I was purchasing the knife as I had been introduced to it by "Jack" and "The Guardians of the Lambsfoot " thread.

I wrote I wanted to "join the guardians of the lambsfoot" :) :)

With my knife I received a hand written/signed note that read:

----------
" Dear ___, please find enclosed the ebony lambsfoot knife you ordered plus some information on A Wright and the care of carbon steel blades.
Congratulations, you are now a " Guardian of the Lambsfoot"!
Best wishes,
___________ "
----------

I will treasure this hand written note :thumbsup:
Cool story, Dan! :cool::cool:;)

Errr.....Pies. :D

That's a cracking photo! The sun does wonders with the colours in the wood.:thumbsup:
So a recycled pic of the Big'un that will be seeing some use to be sure. :thumbsup:
k0Qt3Uq.jpg

Hope everyone has an equally great weekend. :)
Thanks, David. :) And thanks for re-posting those wooden people; it reminded me that I want to try my hand at whittling mini versions of one or more of those! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;) Enjoy the festival!! :p

Good Morning Guardians
The young pup with the old dog.
A little bit different and a whole lot the same.
John, the arrangement of the knives in the pic and the fact that you're back in school make me think you've earned an "A" for your knowledge and taste regarding lambsfoot knives! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cracker Jack one last time before I rotate my carries tomorrow:
cj.pile.Vstand.deck.jpg

- GT

But during the second week of vacation - last week - I hardly looked at it from Tuesday until today.
That's what vacations are supposed to be about. Hope you are rested a re-charged. :cool::thumbsup:

John, the arrangement of the knives in the pic and the fact that you're back in school make me think you've earned an "A" for your knowledge and taste regarding lambsfoot knives! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Do I get a Gold Star?
Actually, my students get "No Aliens" stickers on there tests, I got the stickers from @r8shell :cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 1181335

- GT
I hope Cracker Jack enjoyed the vacation too. :cool::thumbsup:

A heart breakfast Ed :) :thumbsup:

Edit: Sorry that should have read "hearty breakfast"! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

:rolleyes:

Jack I like that this discussion is already going on. I like the natural smooth white bone and you know I really like Ebony too. I haven’t seen any natural Camel Bone that has not been dyed that I recall. So I really can’t say how it would look. I had a conversation with Bill on Saturday morning about how they did all the Natural Smooth White Bone for the knives at the Rendezvous. He also explained the process that makes the difference between the Primitive Bone and the Natural Smooth White Bone. It was very interesting. Oh yeah in all this talk let’s not forget that we’ve never had a Guardians release that was a Bigun!! Yet!!! :D

Ed, my man! :thumbsup: Not only do you have excellent taste in cutlery your taste in your choices for breakfast are right on! :thumbsup: That’s a breakfast that would be right at home in any southern home! Jimmy Dean "HOT" Sausage is great stuff! :thumbsup: :D

When the Sambar stag restrictions first hit the Sheffield cutlers, some (Trevor Ablett most notably) were using camel bone as a substitute, with some colour and jigging. I didn't think that looked very good, but the smooth white camel bone looked good (check out Otter's use of it). I think Wright's have used it before, which is a big plus, but we'll see. I'd like to see it at some point, but I'd have to see what Wright's think (they might not want to order a large quantity of a material they can't otherwise use for example). I also think a Big 'Un might be worth considering, though it may be too large for some folks. Got a few other ideas too ;) :thumbsup:

The first week of my vacation I did quite well in keeping up with this thread. But during the second week of vacation - last week - I hardly looked at it from Tuesday until today. So I'm back in superficial catch-up mode.:rolleyes:

:D:p:thumbsup:

Thanks, Mark. :) Fetching photo of your stag HHB! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, JaxBaron JaxBaron . :)

Thanks, Harvey. :) My rosewood, stag, and ebony lambsfoots have all been on vacation with me the past couple of years and now have some very special memories attached to them. :cool::) Fine photo of your Damascus snakewood! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, @cudgee.:) I was quite surprised by the effect of that low almost-horizontal sunlight hitting the rosewood. :eek:

Thanks for the kind and amusing words, Dennis! :thumbsup::D I think UJ and I were both a little light headed after reading "black ... pale ale" on the can. :confused::rolleyes:

I appreciate your encouragement, Jack, and am glad you survived your hike. :)

Fantastic photos of your hike, Jack; that stag HHB sure is photogenic in the great outdoors! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Do you know anything about the stone walkway? Who built it? When? From whence to where does it run?

Some wondrous wood you had last Wednesday, Ron! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

W:eek:W, that's a bountiful harvest, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks for the review of your 2-blade lambsfoot, ED, and for proposing your theory; informative post! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Cool story, Dan! :cool::cool:;)

Thanks, David. :) And thanks for re-posting those wooden people; it reminded me that I want to try my hand at whittling mini versions of one or more of those! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;) Enjoy the festival!! :p

View attachment 1181335

- GT

Great to see you back Gary, but you can't spend your vacation trying to keep up with this thread my friend :D Cracker Jack is looking good in that excellent pic :) :thumbsup:

I think my lambsfoot has secret powers ....
I woke up and found myself holding it in front of this sign.
This Guardian thing is getting out of hand I think :D
tRGvYU8.jpg

:eek: :D And you even got Sheffield weather from the look of it Dan! :D Cool pic :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone had a great weekend, and that your week gets off to a good start :) I thought I'd treat myself to a Double Lambsfoot Day ;) :thumbsup:

k3O4q7W.jpg

I looked all over the 'net but to no avail. Would someone please explain the meaning of the small square sign? Inquiring minds would like to know!
OG

Hi OD
It’s a very small town in New Brunswick Canada. Population very small, about 800 +.

We are vacationing in Prince Edward Island. Yesterday, as we drove through New Brunswick we saw the sign.
I stopped in the rain to take a pic.:D

My wife and kids were amused at my antics lol :D

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheffield_Parish,_New_Brunswick

Last edited:
Back