Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Welcome to the Guardians! :):thumbsup: Don't let those birds of prey fly off with your fine horn lambsfoot! :eek::D:cool::cool:

Your handsome AC is outnumbered by those sausages, Jack, but I'm sure he conducted himself more than adequately! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Definitely a unique and desirable ebony example, Jon; congrats! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: When I saw the photos and you mentioned a name, my mind immediately made an involuntary connection, saying, "There's a line in "Blinded By the Light" that knife reminds me of." So I had to Google it and found that the connection was even more interesting than I thought, since there's mention of a couple of knives famous on The Porch for being world travelers:
And little early-pearly
Came by in his curly-wurly
And asked me if I needed a ride.

Of course, "curly-whirly" is what I must have been thinking of with regards to your new knife. :rolleyes::D
(I also learned that Springsteen actually wrote the song, and, as usually happens when I look for a YouTube music video, I spent over an hour chasing various songs around the Web. :confused::eek:)

John, I hope things settle down to some kind of less hectic routine for you soon! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: Good to have a solid rosewood lambsfoot to help get you through the madness. :cool:;)

Delightful report, Chin! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I especially enjoyed seeing a variety of your lambsfoots with the various culinary samples you tried. You certainly made the cheese and onion pie and the Scottish Bridie look good!

Welcome back, Bill; I'm sure your HHB is glad to see you! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fantastic Flock you've amassed in a short time, ED!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Glad to hear you're liking that li'l lambsfoot, Mike! ;):cool::cool:

Thanks for the meteorological tour of your state, Vince!! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Big place with a lot of diversity!

Cool photo! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Two weeks ago, my wife and I spent a few hours at Whitefish Point on the south shore of Lake Superior, and it was nowhere near as tranquil as you experienced. The wind and the waves were so loud it was hard to think! :eek:

Thanks for the encouraging update, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Your AC is an Attitude Changer! ;)

Thanks, Harvey. :) And your stag HHB is a Highly Handsome Barlow! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

FBC, thanks for your relevant replies to my sometimes irrelevant comments! :) I like the paint job on Betty's ride! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Did the model come with body parts already colored, or did you get to paint it? If the latter, is that just flat black primer?

I like that pic of your HHB on a print of a pic, OG! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I'm carrying Valley Jack this week:
View attachment 1186052

- GT
Thanks GT, it's good to get back and sleep in my own bed again.

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

Good Morning folks. I haven't been able to get my Waynorth out for any adventures, so here is a boring photo with my morning coffee in a Longaberger mug on an old oak commode. I had arthroscopic hip surgery on Monday and having to behave myself a bit so I am limited in what I am doing. Recovering nicely, paying no attention to the doctor's orders. Ditched the crutches already. I had my other one done about 5 years ago and know what to expect and what my limitations are. They did have to stitch a tear this time, but still feels good, no pain.IMG_1987 2.jpg

Greg, so glad you found your Lambsfoot. I know how that feels.

Thanks! As penance for misplacing it I touched up the edge and it’ll be in my pocket today. Securely in my pocket this time, unless it’s being used. :)

Morning Guardians, thought I'd try carrying some rosewood today ;) Have a great day folks :) :thumbsup:

xgjDeDT.jpg

Careful, it might have pocket hog tendencies as well. Mine sure does. :)

Very apt background. :thumbsup:

Good Wednesday Morning Guardians

Good morning to you, too, John.

This photo makes me think of your Waynorth Lambfoot lying on its back on the beach, stargazing. :cool:

View attachment 1186566

Good Morning Guardians! I’m carrying my lambfoot Barlow today, it seemed like a good Wednesday carry. :cool:

Good for Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.... :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians! Carrying my Hartshead today and doing Meals on Wheels. Also, going to be cutting some bails of pine straw open and mulching some flower beds.
View attachment 1186567

Sounds like a full and productive day. Have a good one! I’m sure the Hartshead will come in handy at some point.

Good Morning folks. I haven't been able to get my Waynorth out for any adventures, so here is a boring photo with my morning coffee in a Longaberger mug on an old oak commode. I had arthroscopic hip surgery on Monday and having to behave myself a bit so I am limited in what I am doing. Recovering nicely, paying no attention to the doctor's orders. Ditched the crutches already. I had my other one done about 5 years ago and know what to expect and what my limitations are. They did have to stitch a tear this time, but still feels good, no pain.View attachment 1186570

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. In the mean time, I’m glad that lovely Lambfoot is keeping you company. And, that you have coffee. That’s important, too. :D

Last edited:
Good morning Guardians! :) I know it’s hard to believe, but I’m Lambless this morning! :eek: I’ll expect y’all to carry on with all those beauties so I can admire them from my ICU recliner! :thumbsup: Maybe in a couple of days we can get moved to a regular room! :)
As one also recovering (albeit at home) best wishes! Your Lambsfoot knives need you home soon.

Good Morning folks. I haven't been able to get my Waynorth out for any adventures, so here is a boring photo with my morning coffee in a Longaberger mug on an old oak commode. I had arthroscopic hip surgery on Monday and having to behave myself a bit so I am limited in what I am doing. Recovering nicely, paying no attention to the doctor's orders. Ditched the crutches already. I had my other one done about 5 years ago and know what to expect and what my limitations are. They did have to stitch a tear this time, but still feels good, no pain.View attachment 1186570
I wish you a speedy recovery. That photo is very appealing in its simplicity.

Thanks! As penance for misplacing it I touched up the edge and it’ll be in my pocket today. Securely in my pocket this time, unless it’s being used. :)

Careful, it might have pocket hog tendencies as well. Mine sure does. :)

Very apt background. :thumbsup:

Good morning to you, too, John.

This photo makes me think of your Waynorth Lambfoot lying on its back in the beach, stargazing. :cool:

Good for Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.... :thumbsup:

Sounds like a full and productive day. Have a good one! I’m sure the Hartshead will come in handy at some point.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. In the mean time, I’m glad that lovely Lambfoot is keeping you company. And, that you have coffee. That’s important, too. :D

Thanks Greg - lots of errands today - my wife just handed me a "honey do" list. Haha.

I hope you recover soon. I’m fine, well I guess that’s a subjective statement. My BIL is the one in ICU! ;)

Thanks John! I appreciate it! :)
My apologies, this thread moves so fast it is hard to keep track. I have been visiting an uncle who is rehabbing from a partial leg amputation up until Monday. Fortunately, I don't have to do anything other than check in at the front desk. I can carry all the knives I want.

Back