Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

There seems to be more New England than Olde England in my fridge at the moment! :eek: :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

PBKO50D.jpg

7Ygsgms.jpg

You should be in politics... :D

:D :thumbsup:

I don't know if anyone has anything special or exciting planned for the weekend? :) Me, not so much, but I am looking forward to it anyway. With my plans to visit Fountains Abbey scuppered, and many of the roads closed in North Yorkshire, I'm heading West to the nearby town of Huddersfield, check out the flea-market, get a second breakfast, and then walk along the canal to one of the small mill towns which run along it. Hopefully get a few pics of my Lambsfoot along the way :) Have a great day folks, and a great weekend :) :thumbsup:

SS6R0m9.jpg

I don't know if anyone has anything special or exciting planned for the weekend?
Hope you enjoy your walking trip, Jack.

I will be moving into the hotel on Sunday while the remodeling starts on our house. We will be staying there for the whole week while our old floors are being ripped up and new floor is installed. It's going to be like a little vacation, at least it will feel that way after moving everything out of our house into storage. :D

These are the two Lambsfoot knives coming with me to the hotel... Big surprise, right?

Happy Friday, Guardians!

I'd planned on another Statistics of the Guardians Thread post to celebrate the 1,500 page mark, but I got busy and the mark flew by when I wasn't able to do any number crunching. I still plan to do that in the coming weeks, but for now I thought I'd throw out a couple of fun facts for Friday as a teaser.

In the first 1,523 pages of this thread:

- The most quoted post was post #9668 by Jack Black Jack Black . It was quoted in 17 other posts.
- The post containing the most quotes was post #24421 by mitch4ging mitch4ging . It quotes an astounding 35 other posts.

Well done, Gentlemen. :thumbsup:

Have a great weekend, everyone!

I will be moving into the hotel on Sunday while the remodeling starts on our house. We will be staying there for the whole week while our old floors are being ripped up and new floor is installed. It's going to be like a little vacation, at least it will feel that way after moving everything out of our house into storage. :D

These are the two Lambsfoot knives coming with me to the hotel... Big surprise, right?
Good luck with all your renovations and living out of a suitcase John,:thumbsup::) I can't believe we've been here three months already.:eek:

Unless you're on a slab John, this would be an excellent opportunity to install a "trap door":)

- The most quoted post was post #9668 by Jack Black Jack Black . It was quoted in 17 other posts.
- The post containing the most quotes was post #24421 by mitch4ging mitch4ging . It quotes an astounding 35 other posts.

Two legends of the game. :cool: :thumbsup:

Good luck with all your renovations and living out of a suitcase John,:thumbsup::)
Thanks, Dave. I'm feeling your pain. :D

Unless you're on a slab John, this would be an excellent opportunity to install a "trap door":)
Slab here, ED. But maybe an escape hatch could fit into the budget. :D

Sounds exciting, hope it all goes well :thumbsup:

Yesterday we finished repainting our home ( it took us a week ).
I had painted it 15 years ago when we bought the house. Back then our first daughter was a baby and we had only a few days to move in. So I painted the whole house in semigloss and same off white colour :eek:. We managed all this years but it felt a bit "institutional"
Now we have accent walls, color coordinated rooms, satins, white trims WOW
My good wife just finished vacuuming and getting rid of all the dust, it feels we live in a new home :)
Next week I will have a lot of pictures and curtains and blinds to hang :)

You are making me hungry. I have just been down to the retail outlet at the local abattoir's, picked up our version of your hot dog's, now i am going to have to put them on early.

You're never alone with a scone ;) :thumbsup:

L7Pxjgc.jpg
My wife would never leave me alone with a scone!:p:thumbsup:

Looks good all the way around, Jack!
Yet another oldie.:eek:
c55fafbd-6f5e-44a8-a7d0-c43506939858-jpeg.1198094
Yet ANOTHER GREAT oldie, Harvey!!:eek::thumbsup:
In attempt to catch up, I was only going to comment on todays posts, but some you just have to say somthing about!:):thumbsup:
The two latest members of my herd. I thought I'd have another come in today but it's the USPS don't you know.

SaqacKo.jpg
Fantastic, congratulations Ed!:cool::thumbsup:
Here's a couple of TEWs with Bexoid :thumbsup:

eFmM4Xf.jpg

Q2TpLQz.jpg

And I came across another Shadow by them :thumbsup:

vil3xfv.jpg
Wow, some grand oldies, Jack! :eek::thumbsup:(the knives, not you my friend :D:thumbsup:)
Avast there me hearties!

I carries a Lambsfoot!

I5NJeqT.jpg

Fer when a cutlass jus' won't get the job done! Arrrrgghh! :D :thumbsup:
Now that's just cooler than the other side of the pillow!!:cool::thumbsup:
An' I got out of my bunk early for this?! :rolleyes: :eek: 'Ave a good days piratin' Guardians! ;) :D :thumbsup:

smqrPob.jpg
Cool drawing and supporting Cutlery!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Good Thursday Guardians.;):thumbsup:

Another neat foto, José! On a glass table?;):thumbsup:
G'day Guardians! It's nearly Friday of a long, hard week. It can only get better from here!
9wBcwtD.jpg
A beautiful shot, Mark!:):thumbsup:
Ahoy Guardians. Today I’m carryin' me barlow. May yer rum be spiced, th' seas smooth 'n yer knife sharp

View attachment 1198957
Great shot, Jon!:cool::thumbsup:
......never enough rum!:(:D

Ahoy mateys!
On the shores of the Atlantic in Prince Edward Island, where stories of pirates and sunken treasures still live.
Cu6o04J.jpg
Very nice scenery, Dan! Looks like a great way to spend the day!:cool::thumbsup:
Arrgghh mates! Did I hear a whisper on the salty breezes of the dreaded word Bexoid! It be ugly as an empty keg of Rum! But does serves its purpose! Arrgghh! Here’s a TEW clad with the ghastly culprit! I’m hoping all me Guardian shipmates ave a good day Piratin’! :D

39940726073_15a6b0a5eb_b_d.jpg
:D:thumbsup:
Good looking TEW, Ron! Your photo is great!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Ahoy me mateys
Time fer all o' us t' natter like pirates
Thar seems t' be some real pirates among us today
I'll be packin' me Lambsfoot t' defend meself from sea monsters 'n fellow pirates
If anybody tries t' pilfer me booty, Ill skewer thar gizzard, ye salty sea bass... Avast!

Wonderful picture of you bo boo bounty!:D John!!:eek::thumbsup:
Great setup for the shot, and the LambHerd!
Pirate much?:D:thumbsup:
Ahoy, me fellow Guardians! A mysterious package came into port last night. Inside was the blackest of night with a hint of clouds. She's a beauty to be carried, and won't become buried treasure :)

vGpSEAQ.jpg
And what a treasure it tis! No doubt a fine first mate!:cool::thumbsup:
Arrr! Cast off, mateys! And keep yer lines neat and yer barlows free of barnacles. Ye'll be needing both on the adventure ahead.

nkfbtVbh.jpg
Aye, and a fine shipmate! :cool::thumbsup:
Looks like you got this one tied up, Greg!:D
Arrrrrrrrrh me little Lambfoot Maties asleep in their bunks on this Pirates Day. Notice the wee lad upper left is in Sick Bay with serious injuries after he fell from the yard arm. The dark African Rosewood covered two-blade will be sailing with me to town later for chow on the Wagon Wheel mess decks. Ahhhh but there's room for more maties, as I have two more on the way. Now, back off and shift yer rudder to give me room to navigate through the fleet to sail for town.

RXmPStk.jpg
A fine scurvy lot to be sure!
Hope the little one recovers!;):thumbsup:
Congratulations Mike looking good:thumbsup::cool:
View attachment 1199089
:D:thumbsup:
I never was a good navy man, let alone a pirate. Two boots firmly planted on dry ground... I guess that makes me a proper landlubber.)

sH9bBlq.jpg
Yeah, but you get to eat a whole lot better!!:cool::thumbsup: Love that jigging, Dylan!:thumbsup:
We're beggars and blighters and ne'er do-well cads
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho
Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho“ (Jack Sparrow)

6C1D6884-E675-42A7-888F-C4CADFA1E2BB_zpsddrwhmko.jpeg
Now that is an ornery looking group! Great Lambs, and that patch.....just way too cool, Harvey!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Killer Lambsfoot! (see...it's a double entendre....it's a cool knife....and it killt th....:rolleyes::(:D) Great photo!:):thumbsup:
mitch4ging mitch4ging G,day mate, hope today finds you well. I have a picture thought you may be interested in. When i used to go hunting, these little critters were pointed out to me one day by the local Forestry Ranger. I had not seen them, out of sight out of mind, till this folly was pointed out to me by the Ranger. They come out of hibernation this time of year, early spring, over here. Very aggressive when first appearing, i was told to start wearing gaters over my boots, went and bought a pair straight away. As my dear old mum would have said" Don't encourage them". They are prolific in the high country, called Alpine or Mountain Copperheads. Beautiful looking snakes, do not grow that big, about 2-3 feet long, but are very dangerous. You have a good weekend my friend.;)
rleqfE1.jpg
That's one Sssnnneeky Sssnnaake!:eek: Hate for that one to crawl in your sleeping bag!
Lam Jack with some treasure plunder:
lj-goldwatch-open-jpg.1199255
What Palatial Pirate Plunder, Gary! Snazzy Shot, Sir!:cool::thumbsup:

Ahoy ya scurvy dogs! ( waves Lambsfoot in the air )
t3807.gif

48762481927_5744de2714_h.jpg

Jake be guardin' his treasure!
t3810.gif
Aye, run through all that dare enter!:D:thumbsup:
Jake is looking good, Kevin! :)
I had a Great Great Uncle Jake, mean as a snake!
20180731_210158.jpg
(not to be confused with Jake the Snake:D)
Don't know much about talking like a Pirate, but maybe I'll buy some rum soon. Oh, and I had a black cat for 17 years. I named him Blackbeard.

B6ga9jD.jpg
Holler when you get the rum, I'll hit I-35 South!;):thumbsup:
you need a new script writer for you material.o_O:thumbsup:
:(....but the kids love them!!:D:cool::thumbsup:
Good morning Guardians, hope everyone has a good weekend, and for those in Texas, hope your are coping with the floods, thinking of you.
tZkMwlv.jpg
Love that green bone!
Hope you have a great weekend as well!:cool::thumbsup:
Friday's here again :) Have a good day folks :thumbsup:

D6ALQma.jpg
Time does just fly by, Jack! Great photo, my friend! :):thumbsup: Friday music choice...
Many thanks to Guardians Greg WhittlinAway WhittlinAway and Rachel @r8shell for the very kind gifts I received from them yesterday :) :thumbsup:

xBxrXr2.jpg
Agai, congratulations Jack, and more great generosity here by Rachel and Greg!:):thumbsup:
Have a great Friday Guardians! :thumbsup: :D

42556478871_9c3a6e1de7_o_d.jpg
Fantastic photograph, Ron!! Ebony is next for a Lambsfoot...just hard to beat!!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Glad you made it, Dennis.
I like your jokes, the badder the bedder. :D
Thanks, John!
Well then, you have really liked those!:rolleyes::D!
Good Friday Morning Guardians.
Hope our Texas Guardians are staying high and dry.
More beautiful Ebony! Great shot of your WCLF, John!:cool::thumbsup:
A Walk in Nature” # 39
XdzNzsp.jpg

You ARE Doctor Doolittle Dan!! :eek: :cool: Fantastic pics :) :thumbsup:
I was going to comment the same, Jack!
Dan, you must have incredible amount of patience!!:eek::cool::thumbsup:
It's been a week and about 15 pages since I compiled some multi quotes in this thread. I don't think I have time to catch up in the manner I'd like to
And I'm right there with you, Gary!! Sad thing is, I retired...:oops:
Lam Jack showing off his pile side red "tiger eye":
gl-pile-closed-rock-jpg.1199400
Awesome shot, GT! :cool::thumbsup:
Wasn't that a popular song in the '80s? "....the Red Eye of the Tiger...":D
Nice photo, Dave!!:):thumbsup:
Looks like you found a tranquil spot in the city!:cool::thumbsup:
View attachment 1199424 View attachment 1199425

Just imaging what a Lambsfoot would look like with a shield. I think I prefer no shield, but a nice Cocobolo handle would be beautiful. What do the rest of you think? Have a great weeeknd Guardians!!
Interesting...
A really great photo of your fantastic Ebony WCLF!!:):thumbsup:
A. Wright Standard Lambfoot Knife Buffalo Horn - Pile Side

Pi0WqAt.jpg
A fine pile side at that, Ed!:cool::thumbsup:
Pocket Pals
b2aed735-9e09-4f57-9b1f-5b39fac513c6-jpeg.1199477
Cool shot, Harvey!!:eek::thumbsup:
Did you use to go by 'Bad Bad Leroy Brown'?:D:thumbsup:
Yes, Charles Laughton was from Scarborough on the Yorkshire Coast, I'm not sure how much piratin' went on there, but it was certainly a haven for smugglers! :rolleyes:

B4r4LGI.jpg
Looks like some great reading! I watched a show called Expedition Unknown, and the guy has looked for pirate treasures at a couple of different areas here off Florida and Lousiana. The gold is still out there, Jack!! We just gotta find it!!:cool::p:thumbsup:
It's no longer Talk Like a Pirate Day, but I can still talk of pirates. ;)
In the olden days, before the Barnegat Lighthouse was built on the northern tip of Long Beach Island (a barrier island off the coast of New Jersey, across Barnegat Bay) The Barnegat Pirates, also called "moon-cussers" for they could only ply their dark trade on moonless nights, would hang lanterns 'round the necks of cows and walk them back and forth along the beach. Ships on their way north would see these lights, and think there were other ships closer to shore. Thinking themselves farther out and wanting to take the shortest route up to New York, they'd steer in and run aground. The pirates would then scavenge the shipwrecks. Ship-less, cow-herding pirates, they were!
LvRBZmd.jpg
I guess they were 'on the MOO-ve':D:thumbsup:
Sorry, Rachel!
Want to go look for the gold too? Bring your book! :cool::thumbsup:
Very interesting Rachel, I highly reccomend Bella Bathurst's book 'The Wreckers' :thumbsup:

Just settling down to a few Friday evening beers :)

ZHdweie.jpg
Jack, you always know how to end the day!:cool::thumbsup:
More seat cover candy, Taylor! Your patina on your WCLF is phenomenal!:eek::thumbsup:
check out the flea-market, get a second breakfast, and then walk along the canal to one of the small mill towns which run along it. Hopefully get a few pics of my Lambsfoot along the way :) Have a great day folks, and a great weekend :) :thumbsup:

SS6R0m9.jpg
Enjoy your day, Jack!!:):thumbsup:
Is Second Breakfast before or after Brunch?:D
View attachment 1199708
Barlow helping out in the garage this afternoon. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Nice photo, Jon! He looks ready to go!!:cool::thumbsup:
Fine looking companions to have by your side!!:):thumbsup:
Hope the floors go well, and you get back home quickly!
Happy Friday, Guardians!

I'd planned on another Statistics of the Guardians Thread post to celebrate the 1,500 page mark, but I got busy and the mark flew by when I wasn't able to do any number crunching. I still plan to do that in the coming weeks, but for now I thought I'd throw out a couple of fun facts for Friday as a teaser.

In the first 1,523 pages of this thread:

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Interesting statistics, Greg! I think I talk too much!

Mine today, hope to go do a little shooting this weekend.
303A.jpg

Holler when you get the rum, I'll hit I-35 South!;):thumbsup:
And then IH-37 South (San Antonio to Corpus Christi). Bourbon tonight--too tired to go anywhere!
Just got back from Houston. Yesterday was the wettest day recorded there. Good timing, huh?
But saw the Astros reach 100 wins and Cole get his 300th strikeout of the year.
And Guriel and Altuve hit home runs.
IN7VZRS.jpg

And then IH-37 South (San Antonio to Corpus Christi). Bourbon tonight--too tired to go anywhere!
Just got back from Houston. Yesterday was the wettest day recorded there. Good timing, huh?
IN7VZRS.jpg
Glad you could get out.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

IN7VZRS.jpg
It looked like a heck of a mess for sure! Glad you got home ok, you deserve a shot or three!
Hope the folks down there can start to dry out some.....then the cleanup begins. :oops:

Back