Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

View attachment 1199708
Barlow helping out in the garage this afternoon. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Cool pic Jon, hope you're having a good weekend too :) :thumbsup:

Hope you enjoy your walking trip, Jack.

I will be moving into the hotel on Sunday while the remodeling starts on our house. We will be staying there for the whole week while our old floors are being ripped up and new floor is installed. It's going to be like a little vacation, at least it will feel that way after moving everything out of our house into storage. :D

These are the two Lambsfoot knives coming with me to the hotel... Big surprise, right?

Thanks a lot pal, I hope you settle in the hotel, and that the work goes well :) Nice choices ;) :D :thumbsup:

Happy Friday, Guardians!

I'd planned on another Statistics of the Guardians Thread post to celebrate the 1,500 page mark, but I got busy and the mark flew by when I wasn't able to do any number crunching. I still plan to do that in the coming weeks, but for now I thought I'd throw out a couple of fun facts for Friday as a teaser.

In the first 1,523 pages of this thread:

- The most quoted post was post #9668 by Jack Black Jack Black . It was quoted in 17 other posts.
- The post containing the most quotes was post #24421 by @mitch4ging. It quotes an astounding 35 other posts.

Well done, Gentlemen. :thumbsup:

Have a great weekend, everyone!

You are a genius Greg :) Thanks folks, I will have to carry The White Rose again soon :)

99zqrJm.jpg

Incredible! I don't know how you fit in so many quotes Dennis! :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Good luck with all your renovations and living out of a suitcase John,:thumbsup::) I can't believe we've been here three months already.:eek:

It has gone quick Dave :) Have you been past the bar and bakery yet?! :p :D :thumbsup:

Yesterday we finished repainting our home ( it took us a week ).
I had painted it 15 years ago when we bought the house. Back then our first daughter was a baby and we had only a few days to move in. So I painted the whole house in semigloss and same off white colour :eek:. We managed all this years but it felt a bit "institutional"
Now we have accent walls, color coordinated rooms, satins, white trims WOW
My good wife just finished vacuuming and getting rid of all the dust, it feels we live in a new home :)
Next week I will have a lot of pictures and curtains and blinds to hang :)

Well done Dan, I'm thinking of doing some washing-up tomorrow, maybe going going round with the vacuum cleaner! :D ;) I was thinking of you this afternoon my friend ;) :D :thumbsup:

CJ8FBVu.jpg

bWBAvLC.jpg

I'm off in search of some Chinese Food... Rosewood in my pocket.

Found some... :D

Mmmm Chinese food! :) I get Thai fairly regularly, but it's been months since I've had Chinese food :) Looks good John, as does your Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

My wife would never leave me alone with a scone!:p:thumbsup:

Looks good all the way around, Jack!

LOL! :D Thanks pal :) :thumbsup:

Wow, some grand oldies, Jack! :eek::thumbsup:(the knives, not you my friend :D:thumbsup:)

Thanks again Dennis! :D :thumbsup:

Now that's just cooler than the other side of the pillow!!:cool::thumbsup:

:) :thumbsup:

Time does just fly by, Jack! Great photo, my friend! :):thumbsup: Friday music choice...

Again, congratulations Jack, and more great generosity here by Rachel and Greg!:):thumbsup:

Looks like some great reading! I watched a show called Expedition Unknown, and the guy has looked for pirate treasures at a couple of different areas here off Florida and Lousiana. The gold is still out there, Jack!! We just gotta find it!!:cool::p:thumbsup:

Jack, you always know how to end the day!:cool::thumbsup:

Enjoy your day, Jack!!:):thumbsup:
Is Second Breakfast before or after Brunch?:D

Mine today, hope to go do a little shooting this weekend.
View attachment 1199817

Thank you for all your very kind words Dennis :) I skipped Brunch, as I'm trying to lose weight ;) :D I used to write for a magazine years ago, and every now and again, this guy would send a piece in. He was an English guy, but had spent years looking for some hidden gold in New Mexico! I don't know if he ever found any! :rolleyes: :) Hope you were able to get to the range my friend :) Nice Choice of Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup: I imagine Uncle Jake has a piece (or two) tucked in his pants! :D

And then IH-37 South (San Antonio to Corpus Christi). Bourbon tonight--too tired to go anywhere!
Just got back from Houston. Yesterday was the wettest day recorded there. Good timing, huh?
But saw the Astros reach 100 wins and Cole get his 300th strikeout of the year.
And Guriel and Altuve hit home runs.
IN7VZRS.jpg

Glad you're OK mate :) :thumbsup:

I love Pirates.
Pirates of the Caribbean is my favorite Disneyland ride and favorite Disney movie. :cool: :thumbsup:

When my kids were young, we had a pirate-themed Christmas one year! :D :thumbsup:

Pirates were very democratic.

May Texas dry out quickly, excessive surface water-wise.

wnyWio1.jpg

Cool pic Jer :cool: :thumbsup:

My grandpa and dad use to break horses for him, and he'd pay them one horse for every ten they broke. He'd just rather shoot you than to talk to ya.

Sounds like my sort of bloke:mad:o_O:eek::rolleyes:

:D :thumbsup:

“A Walk in Nature” # 40
Memories of Prince Edward island
NFYIoHS.jpg

SMLzYYK.jpg

eIEQvho.jpg

gqkjspV.jpg

Album:
https://imgur.com/a/S5jZPtE

Stunning pics Dan :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1199956 Good morning guardians early start today all the grandkids wanted muffins so 2 hours worth of baking I turned out chocolate chip,blueberry,lemon poppy seed. I really wish these kids would all like the same kind. I had to put 2 lambsfoots on guard duty to protect them from unwanted muffin thieves

I'm sure your grandkids realise what a great grandpa they have Al :) A lot of folks have been admiring my paracord bracelet, and are even more impressed when I tell them it was made for me by the kind grandson of a good friend :) :thumbsup:

CaOlKFY.jpg

Thank you, Dennis, it's a protected area and park only two blocks away.
View attachment 1199965

That looks nice Dave :) So you DID get past the pub! :D :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians

Lovely colours John :)

Fantastic pic Dave :) :thumbsup:

Morning everyone.

Cx8V4CY.jpg

You have the thumbnails of a Spartan Ed! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

Hope all you Guardians have a great day! :) :thumbsup:

48542834036_5318b6ee2e_o_d.jpg

You too Ron, nice to see that one :) :thumbsup:

Evening Guardians, I hope everyone is having a great weekend :) I had a decent trip to Huddersfield market, even bumped into @ADEE :) We had a great second breakfast, and then headed out for a short walk of a few miles, along the River Colne and the Huddersfield Canal, in excellent weather. I had a few more finds in the antique shops of Slaithwaite, and a nice pint from the Empire Brewery there, before we headed home :) Unfortunately 90% of the pics of my Lambsfoot were out of focus o_O

HkFVb48.jpg

U9BkiDo.jpg

wG0Fw08.jpg

dR2hv1W.jpg

D13j0H9.jpg

XpkzY7Q.jpg

xvwjSpv.jpg

I’ve had a pretty productive Saturday. Woke up and mowed the lawn. Then finished up and painted my new sling shot ( catapult for the UK fellas:p) catch box. It’s not pretty, but it will definitely work. Of course my barlow was along for the ride. :D

View attachment 1200247 View attachment 1200248

Nice work Jon, I meant to take my slingshot out with me today, maybe next weekend :) :thumbsup:

Just now sitting down to some SEC football, my wife said she'd make a rib roast with some potatoes, carrots, and Yorkshire pudding so I had to high tail it to the grocery store before she had better sense to change her mind.

Blackberry cobbler for dessert!

Hartshead joined me on the trip.

Thanks Jack. I have a blast shooting them. Hopeful you can squeeze in some practice time next weekend. :)

Hope so Jon, I've been meaning to get in some practice for ages :)

Just now sitting down to some SEC football, my wife said she'd make a rib roast with some potatoes, carrots, and Yorkshire pudding so I had to high tail it to the grocery store before she had better sense to change her mind.

Blackberry cobbler for dessert!

Hartshead joined me on the trip.

Sounds like a great repast my friend :) Thanks for blurring that photo to disguise the non-Lambsfoot content, it's appreciated :thumbsup:

I’ve had a pretty productive Saturday. Woke up and mowed the lawn. Then finished up and painted my new sling shot ( catapult for the UK fellas:p) catch box. It’s not pretty, but it will definitely work. Of course my barlow was along for the ride. :D

View attachment 1200247 View attachment 1200248

That's a fine looking catch box Jon. Can't wait to see it when it's finished. I shoot in the basement quite often (10m or 33' range). My catch box is made from an old 55 gallon drum. This photo was a pain to stage, as the Lambsfoot was being a brat and not wanting to pose with the slingshot ;)

mgysxXZ.jpg

Last edited:
Evening Guardians, I hope everyone is having a great weekend :) I had a decent trip to Huddersfield market, even bumped into @ADEE :) We had a great second breakfast, and then headed out for a short walk of a few miles, along the River Colne and the Huddersfield Canal, in excellent weather. I had a few more finds in the antique shops of Slaithwaite, and a nice pint from the Empire Brewery there, before we headed home :) Unfortunately 90% of the pics of my Lambsfoot were out of focus o_O

HkFVb48.jpg

U9BkiDo.jpg

wG0Fw08.jpg

dR2hv1W.jpg

D13j0H9.jpg

XpkzY7Q.jpg

xvwjSpv.jpg
Grrrrr, bark, woof :thumbsup::p a very nice walk Jack :thumbsup::cool:

I hope you settle in the hotel, and that the work goes well
I'll let you know how it's going tomorrow. Right now we are doing the last minute packing. Not sure my back can handle much more though.

I get Thai fairly regularly, but it's been months since I've had Chinese food
We get Chinese food fairly regularly too. It's become a tradition to pass around the Lambsfoot to cut the top off the food containers. :D

When my kids were young, we had a pirate-themed Christmas one year!
We did that too. Even had a friend make wooden swords for the kids. :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you for all the kind words, Jack. :)

Thanks a lot pal, I hope you settle in the hotel, and that the work goes well :) Nice choices ;) :D :thumbsup:

You are a genius Greg :) Thanks folks, I will have to carry The White Rose again soon :)

99zqrJm.jpg

Incredible! I don't know how you fit in so many quotes Dennis! :cool: :) :thumbsup:

It has gone quick Dave :) Have you been past the bar and bakery yet?! :p :D :thumbsup:

Well done Dan, I'm thinking of doing some washing-up tomorrow, maybe going going round with the vacuum cleaner! :D ;) I was thinking of you this afternoon my friend ;) :D :thumbsup:

CJ8FBVu.jpg

bWBAvLC.jpg

Mmmm Chinese food! :) I get Thai fairly regularly, but it's been months since I've had Chinese food :) Looks good John, as does your Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

Thank you for all your very kind words Dennis :) I skipped Brunch, as I'm trying to lose weight ;) :D I used to write for a magazine years ago, and every now and again, this guy would send a piece in. He was an English guy, but had spent years looking for some hidden gold in New Mexico! I don't know if he ever found any! :rolleyes: :) Hope you were able to get to the range my friend :) Nice Choice of Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup: I imagine Uncle Jake has a piece (or two) tucked in his pants! :D

When my kids were young, we had a pirate-themed Christmas one year! :D :thumbsup:

I'm sure your grandkids realise what a great grandpa they have Al :) A lot of folks have been admiring my paracord bracelet, and are even more impressed when I tell them it was made for me by the kind grandson of a good friend :) :thumbsup:

CaOlKFY.jpg

99zqrJm.jpg

CJ8FBVu.jpg

bWBAvLC.jpg

CaOlKFY.jpg

99zqrJm.jpg

CJ8FBVu.jpg

bWBAvLC.jpg

CaOlKFY.jpg

Glad you like it jack and I see it fits use it and enjoy it my grandson is very happy you like it and it fits

Back