1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Evening Guardians, I hope everyone is having a great weekend :) I had a decent trip to Huddersfield market, even bumped into @ADEE :) We had a great second breakfast, and then headed out for a short walk of a few miles, along the River Colne and the Huddersfield Canal, in excellent weather. I had a few more finds in the antique shops of Slaithwaite, and a nice pint from the Empire Brewery there, before we headed home :) Unfortunately 90% of the pics of my Lambsfoot were out of focus o_O

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Jack! I’m glad you’re having a good day my friend! Thanks for all the great photos. :)

mitch4ging and dc50 like this.
  3. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pàdruig, mitch4ging, Dschal and 13 others like this.
  4. JaxBaron

JaxBaron Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2016
    I’ve had a pretty productive Saturday. Woke up and mowed the lawn. Then finished up and painted my new sling shot ( catapult for the UK fellas:p) catch box. It’s not pretty, but it will definitely work. Of course my barlow was along for the ride. :D

3F7079F9-9BB6-4072-B795-ADBC513D1C75.jpeg 75F24A96-B96B-4BD8-919E-455A489575DD.jpeg

5. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Nice work Jon, I meant to take my slingshot out with me today, maybe next weekend :) :thumbsup:

6. JaxBaron

JaxBaron Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2016
    Thanks Jack. I have a blast shooting them. Hopeful you can squeeze in some practice time next weekend. :)

mitch4ging and Jack Black like this.
  7. JustinR

JustinR Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2008
    Just now sitting down to some SEC football, my wife said she'd make a rib roast with some potatoes, carrots, and Yorkshire pudding so I had to high tail it to the grocery store before she had better sense to change her mind.

Blackberry cobbler for dessert!

Hartshead joined me on the trip.

[​IMG]

mitch4ging, Reaper AL, JohnDF and 3 others like this.
  8. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Hope so Jon, I've been meaning to get in some practice for ages :)

Sounds like a great repast my friend :) Thanks for blurring that photo to disguise the non-Lambsfoot content, it's appreciated :thumbsup:

cigarrodog and dc50 like this.
  9. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    [​IMG]

10. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Cool pic Kevin, I loved that book as a kid, and as an adult :) :thumbsup:

11. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    That's a fine looking catch box Jon. Can't wait to see it when it's finished. I shoot in the basement quite often (10m or 33' range). My catch box is made from an old 55 gallon drum. This photo was a pain to stage, as the Lambsfoot was being a brat and not wanting to pose with the slingshot ;)

[​IMG]

12. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    lol, I did! but I found 4 more bakeries downtown :eek: and I'm on bar #6 and only halfway finished. :p
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::p rumor has it the pub across the street is changing hands and will be an Italian restaurant and bar...:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Your newest photos, as well my friend.:)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    mitch4ging, Jack Black and cigarrodog like this.
  13. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Grrrrr, bark, woof :thumbsup::p a very nice walk Jack :thumbsup::cool:

mitch4ging, Jack Black and cigarrodog like this.
  14. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Happy weekend Guardians!
    [​IMG]

15. gunstockjack

gunstockjack Mid-low tech sexagenarian. Gold Member

May 14, 2011
    Out in the woods today with my lambfoot companions:
    [​IMG]

Back at home:
    [​IMG]

16. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I'll let you know how it's going tomorrow. Right now we are doing the last minute packing. Not sure my back can handle much more though.

We get Chinese food fairly regularly too. It's become a tradition to pass around the Lambsfoot to cut the top off the food containers. :D

We did that too. Even had a friend make wooden swords for the kids. :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you for all the kind words, Jack. :)

17. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    That picture made me smile. Well done! :cool::thumbsup:

18. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Lol... :D:thumbsup:

Looks beautiful outside, Barry. :cool: :thumbsup:

19. Reaper AL

Reaper AL Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Glad you like it jack and I see it fits use it and enjoy it my grandson is very happy you like it and it fits

20. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    Good to see you kept
    Interesting looking book.:thumbsup: Nice looking knife as well:cool: