Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

"Happy Birthday" U.S. Navy. Today, October 13, marks the birth of the U.S. Navy in 1775.. GO NAVY!!!!

bWfkqML.jpg

Great stuff Ed :) To celebrate, I'm going to carry my US Navy Lambsfoot for the rest of the day, and toast you and your shipmates with a tot of rum :) :thumbsup:

hbYuCGU.jpg
[/QUOTE]

qo2OSsa.jpg

You're a wordsmith, Jack!
I'd never heard the White Horse version of the joke, but they're identical, aren't they?
Thanks again for your advocacy on my behalf with Wright's.
I'd better search the Forums for "Jack's treasure" since I might have missed it with my sporadic participation at BF this week!

Thank you Gary, but even my dad could make that one sound funny! :D It was a very common joke here at one time. A comedy writer called Barry Cryer claims to have invented the English version, saying, "You can tell it's my joke because the horse is always called 'Eric'." Which it always was! :D I notice that he wrote material for Bob Hope, George Burns, Richard Pryor, and Jack Benny, so I wonder if he was the source of the US version too, and got paid twice?! :D :thumbsup:

I'm certainly not advocating for Wright's, my opinion of the firm couldn't get much lower at the moment :thumbsdown:

Sorry GT, don'#t search too hard :rolleyes: I'm afraid I've been so busy this week, I've not even had a chance to fondle my treasure, let alone research it and photograph it :oops:

Nice display of Yorkshire Pride, Jack!

Union Jack has been my lambsfoot all week:
View attachment 1212666

Thank you my friend, and, as always, it's nice to see your Union Jack :thumbsup:

Right, stag! :D :thumbsup:

Here are my Hartshead Barlows, the stag is a little on the chunky side, but I still like it :thumbsup:

jszljAy.jpg

Here it is compared to my DamLamb, the stag on that one is cut thinner :)

DY4df3Q.jpg

Here are both of those knives with most of my other Sambar Stag SFOs, and my replacement "Senator" :thumbsup:

SaCp8RY.jpg

Hartshead Barlow is on the left, next is the DamLamb, the next two are from short Sambar runs I commissioned before the Guardians knives, next is the 'Senator', then a one-off I got at the factory, then finally, my AC :thumbsup:

This is my small "L-il" One with shaped handle and Pere David stag. They managed to leave some bark on the covers and there's actually some nice light gray mottling/color in the covers too. It's a bit "fat" in a couple areas but in reality it feels pretty darn good in hand. You can easily see the difference between the Sambar stag in Rachel's knife and the Pere David stag in mine.

2txz8IK.jpg

PrvQyMH.jpg

wH3EVOs.jpg

Morning Guardians, well it seems at least two of our regulars are birthday boys today! :cool: Step forward Prester John Prester John and @cudgee ! :D Happy Birthday fellers and Many Happy Returns to you :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend, and that you enjoy a pleasant and relaxing Sunday :) :thumbsup:

tZwKOeu.jpg
Many thanks, Jack! It's been a great weekend so far, and will get better at dinner with my family later today. :)

Morning Guardians, well it seems at least two of our regulars are birthday boys today! :cool: Step forward Prester John Prester John and @cudgee ! :D Happy Birthday fellers and Many Happy Returns to you :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend, and that you enjoy a pleasant and relaxing Sunday :) :thumbsup:

tZwKOeu.jpg
Nicely done Jack, I really love the Rosewood Barlows. :thumbsup::cool:

Thank you Mark, they've behaved pretty appallingly I'm afraid o_O Definitely more pile sides coming! ;) Talking of which, that is a very nice shot of your 2019 Guardians Lambsfoot, and the ironwood complements the ebony of that fine WCLF very well :) :thumbsup:

Looking good John, hope apple pie is on the menu my friend :) :thumbsup:

That sounds very impressive :cool: Anything over 2,000 psi constitutes a firearm here :( Nice pic of your Hartshead Barlow :thumbsup:

Thank you, you're very kind my friend :) Ah, summer...I miss those light evenings already :( Lovely photo :thumbsup:

Smashing pic Dave :) :thumbsup:

Sounds like you're going for it Mike, hope you and your family are having a great time :) :thumbsup:

Evening Guardians - well that's what it is here anyway! :D I hope everyone is having a fab weekend, and hope to spend a bit more time hanging out here tomorrow :) :thumbsup:

VPpbpUW.jpg
Thanks for the compliments on the photo Jack.:thumbsup: The 2019 Guardian Ironwood is a beautiful wood that takes a wonderful photo in many different settings/ light. I do miss seeing the prototype of yours. I marveled after that one for many months before the BFO put it out of service. Not to take anything away from its replacement, Lucy. When I first saw the group photo, Lucy was one of my top 5-10 picks.

It's a shame, the trouble you've had with those folks. Would you care to expand on their behavior? If not, I understand. I think they should be treating you rather well. ;):mad:

Thanks for taking us along on your adventure to Pontefract. I think any one of us could have done a better job on the restoration though. Looks pretty pitiful, some of the replacement "stones" look like landscape blocks purchased at the home improvement store.

Great lunch collage.:thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Kevin!

Had some Penfold's Shiraz-Cabernet last night with dinner. Very nice.
QJZKIKr.jpg
Happy belated Anniversary, Vince (as well as Jon, @JaxBaron) and a happy Birthday to you and @cudgee!

Thanks Mark, I understand your admiration, but I like the brown stag better.;):thumbsup:
Tastes for Stag seem to vary wildly, Jose. One mans trash is another mans treasure.:thumbsup:

Hope everyone’s Weekend is a good one.
View attachment 1212336
You too, Harvey!:thumbsup:

Thank you very much for the encouragement, Harvey!
I'll get it worked out one way or the another!:):thumbsup:

Thank you so kindly, Charlie!! :) Beer and knife budget are the important ones!;):thumbsup:

Exactly!:confused:
We didn't have much money growing up, dad working in the copper mines, so we were taught to fix everything yourself, and if you couldn't make it, you didn't need it. But now.......I'll pay for it to be done if we can afford it!:rolleyes:;)

Thank you so much for the encouraging comments Mark! They are certainly appreciated!:):thumbsup:

Another photo knocked out of the park!:eek::thumbsup: Such vivid photos, Mark!

:D:cool::thumbsup:
Totally Awesome photos, Dan!!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

BIG HAPPY (belated) ANNIVERSARY to both you guys!! One for the newlyweds!

Hope you had a great day out with a great knife, Jack!:cool::thumbsup:

Mark......you're really making it difficult for me to post photos!:eek::thumbsup: Great photo, Mark!:cool::thumbsup:

Fantastic coloring in those covers, Bill!:cool::thumbsup:

Hope it's a great day out for you guys, John!:cool::thumbsup:

Great SFO to have by your side!:cool::thumbsup:

I think it's very unique coloring, José!:cool::thumbsup: But if it's not pleasing to you, you could always try the potassium permanganate route?.

Both are certainly Weekend Pocket Worthy!;):thumbsup:

But your grand looking SFO Jack Special is 4 Season ready!:cool::thumbsup:

Nice pairing, Ed! Your HHB is looking great!;):thumbsup:

Outstanding shot of your SFO, Dave!!:eek::thumbsup: Clear and vivid!

Cool shot, Kevin!! Looks like it certainly get exercise!!:cool::thumbsup:

Really.....a grand knife, Jack! Nice shot of your WCLF!;):thumbsup:

That gives me heart palpitations every time you post it, Harvey!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: .......yup, there it goes again!:D:thumbsup:

Perfect!:cool:

Interesting, will havevto take a picture later....:thumbsup:

Cool!
Interesting keyboard, Kevin! Shop computer?:cool::thumbsup:

Nice, John!! Pink Ladies?

Nice perspective, Ed.
And thanks for posting so much about your incredible Harrison Bros & Howson! Beautiful knife!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian Counterparts!:):thumbsup:

My Jack SFO and a couple of coins...

View attachment 1212529
Thanks for the encouragement, Dennis! I think your photos are fabulous and I always enjoy seeing your cool 'props'.:thumbsup:

A couple views for @natchezz .:thumbsup: It's not quite as thick as the photos make it look.
There's kind of a ridge on either side that makes it appear thicker. It feels great in hand.

I didn't know there were air rifles with the capacity to throw a 25 caliber projectile at 3000 fps! WOW! Do you know how many grains the pellets are? I'm guessing it's pretty accurate? I'd like to see a pic along with your Lambsfoot sometime.
uiqVITL.jpg

iwPDFHZ.jpg

Thanks Jack. I'll do some toasting with you.

You've twisted my arm Ed, the sun is well past the yardarm here, so I'll join you in another ;) :D :thumbsup:

Tanaka was just great last night, but Verlander is on the mound tonight, so maybe we can even the series.

I foolishly read your reply without reading GT's post first Vince, and was wondering what on earth you were talking about! :D :thumbsup:

Nicely done Jack, I really love the Rosewood Barlows. :thumbsup::cool:

Thanks Dave, from my day out in York with Duncan @Campbellclanman :) A shame we didn't get more of the Rosewood models :) I got a wood sample the other week, and I'm afraid it is just not of the same standard, I hope I can open it without a pick one day, and look at the 'edge'! :eek: o_O

l0PaEyx.jpg

I haven't posted in this thread for a week; apologies for my neglect. :(
Here are some almost randomly selected posts from earlier in the past week.

Red horn jewel, Dave!

Dynamic dozen, ED!

Thanks, Dennis. Your stag Hartshead Barlow lambsfoot SFO is immaculate and looks like it can keep you right on course!

You're a wordsmith, Jack!
I'd never heard the White Horse version of the joke, but they're identical, aren't they?
Thanks again for your advocacy on my behalf with Wright's.
I'd better search the Forums for "Jack's treasure" since I might have missed it with my sporadic participation at BF this week!

Admirable photos of your ironwood, Chin; exquisite edge!
Looking forward to hearing about Aussie trees when you have the time! ;)

WCFL is stunning as ever, John!
The students don't EVER have school on Mondays, John? Is that just for your school or district or for the whole county or state?

Well put, John; I like your attitude!

"Spectacular" and "magnificent" are exactly right, José!

My Grandpa used to say that you could catch a bird if you put salt on its tail, and you could tame a wolf if you sandpaper its butt!

Nice display of Yorkshire Pride, Jack!

Great pic, Mark!

John, I think Sköll is bolder already after the brief time he's been turned loose!

Good to see Jelly, your WCFL, Matt! (I like seeing your Wrattler in other threads, but I missed seeing Jelly.)

Splendid pair, @natchezz!

I thought you were referring to power being out for part of your remodel, but I'm finally aware that it's happening all over California. Is that a new policy, or has it happened for years?
What's been the main patina contributor so far?

Fantastic Food Fotos, Chin! I'll have #2 and # 3, please.

Thanks for the insight into some of your life, Dan! Those 6K family walks sound fantastic!

Does your ebony have a natural red glow, or is it reflecting a fire in the structure behind the knife?

Prudent policy!

Vince, your knife must have worked in that Game 5!
Keep it going full-time against the Yankees, please. I didn't care for the first game. :(

Union Jack has been my lambsfoot all week:
View attachment 1212666

- GT
Thanks, Gary! I must have been typing when you posted. It takes me awhile.:rolleyes:
UJ looks great lounging in the sun with the watery background!:thumbsup:

You've twisted my arm Ed, the sun is well past the yardarm here, so I'll join you in another ;) :D :thumbsup:

I foolishly read your reply without reading GT's post first Vince, and was wondering what on earth you were talking about! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Dave, from my day out in York with Duncan @Campbellclanman :) A shame we didn't get more of the Rosewood models :) I got a wood sample the other week, and I'm afraid it is just not of the same standard, I hope I can open it without a pick one day, and look at the 'edge'! :eek: o_O

l0PaEyx.jpg
Dang Jack, all I can say in my Dad's words are " What the! that's a real bugger boy" :eek:

Thanks John :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliments on the photo Jack.:thumbsup: The 2019 Guardian Ironwood is a beautiful wood that takes a wonderful photo in many different settings/ light. I do miss seeing the prototype of yours. I marveled after that one for many months before the BFO put it out of service. Not to take anything away from its replacement, Lucy. When I first saw the group photo, Lucy was one of my top 5-10 picks.

It's a shame, the trouble you've had with those folks. Would you care to expand on their behavior? If not, I understand. I think they should be treating you rather well. ;):mad:

Thanks for taking us along on your adventure to Pontefract. I think any one of us could have done a better job on the restoration though. Looks pretty pitiful, some of the replacement "stones" look like landscape blocks purchased at the home improvement store.

Great lunch collage.:thumbsup::cool:

Happy belated Anniversary, Vince (as well as Jon, @JaxBaron) and a happy Birthday to you and @cudgee!

Tastes for Stag seem to vary wildly, Jose. One mans trash is another mans treasure.:thumbsup:

You too, Harvey!:thumbsup:

Thanks for the encouragement, Dennis! I think your photos are fabulous and I always enjoy seeing your cool 'props'.:thumbsup:

A couple views for @natchezz .:thumbsup: It's not quite as thick as the photos make it look.
There's kind of a ridge on either side that makes it appear thicker. It feels great in hand.

I didn't know there were air rifles with the capacity to throw a 25 caliber projectile at 3000 fps! WOW! Do you know how many grains the pellets are? I'm guessing it's pretty accurate? I'd like to see a pic along with your Lambsfoot sometime.
uiqVITL.jpg

iwPDFHZ.jpg

Thank you Mark, here's another look at my prototype pre-BFO and post-BFO :thumbsup:

IVS67mY.jpg

FysP3mR.jpg

It's funny that I originally took Lucy out because I didn't want anyone to complain about her bite marks (which maybe they would have)! I had hoped to go back to carrying the prototype, but while they did a good job, Wright's took months to fix it, and by the time I got it back, I had 'bonded' with Lucy :rolleyes:

cyBoZAN.jpg

Yes, it's a shame, I think I've been a good ambassador for Wright's, and done a lot to rehabilitate their previously poor reputation. I'll email you my friend, but for now, I'll just say that I'm not in the least bit happy about the Guardians knives being devalued by having design features which were unique to those knives being replicated on a one-off basis. A number of other things I'm not happy about too :thumbsdown:

Thanks Mark, it's not like there's a shortage of good Yorkshire stone, even the pavements in my neighbourhood are made from it! So, considering the Millions spent on the place, you'd think they could have looked further than the local garden centre! o_O

Great pics of your Hartshead Barlow my friend :) :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back