Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Some more indoor closeups - scary! :eek:

IMG-1595.jpg
IMG-1596.jpg
IMG-1597.jpg
IMG-1598.jpg

Michael said in an email today, that he will put in a new blade and fix the rest if I send it back. :thumbsup:

That's terrible!!! One of the worst I've seen. I'd ask for my money back and if he balks and wants the knife back before he gives a refund, I'd tell him to send you a pre-paid shipping label.

It's a shame a cutler would put out something like that.

A belated Happy Birthday Dylan, and I hope things get easier for you my friend :thumbsup:

I've really never thought about the wooden covers in this way, I'm going to have to get mine out for a photo shoot, though I have to say I'm perfectly happy with them :)

Those old fellers must have had strong fingers I guess! :D Beautiful Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

Many thanks, Jack! Things are certainly starting to look up for the most part.

Also, just let me express my condolences for your loss. Having animal companions is a special joy in life, and I hope in time the pain of Saxon’s passing will be leavened by all the happy memories you have of the life you enjoyed together.

Thank you so much, Chin, I very much appreciate your kind words. They mean a lot to me.

Smashing shot of your stag HHB lambsfoot SFO, Dylan! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you, GT! I've enjoyed your shots of Cracker Jack.

Guess it's a math guy thing! :D

I spent the night on the Lexington once, with a Boy Scout troop my sons were in. Lots of fun.
The half-marathon (13.1 miles) was my wife's first. There were plenty of faster runners, but she finished. She's only been running about 7 years. I'm proud of her. Maybe I should take up running!
Here's a couple of pics from the bridge someone else took:
CiGHarJ.jpg

VZukkfa.jpg

And at the finish line:
XSdIQCX.jpg

And, finally:
Good Morning, Guardians!
9rfSbwz.jpg

This is Linus the Lambsfoot's last day here in Corpus Christi. I'll take a few more pics today and send him on his way tomorrow.

The Extraordinary Adventures of Linus the Lambsfoot

e had chicken cordon bleu, and the plastic knives we were provided with just weren't cutting it, so I got some help from Linus. [Forgot to take a pic--sorry!]

At some point, the men retired to the back porch for whiskey and cigars:
nus was a good guest.

Here's my son in a "garage band"
That's him with the guitar. The guy standing next to him is his brother-in-law, and the guy on the drums is his father-in-law's brother. They're singing Sweet Home Alabama, which some of you may be familiar with.

Another sunset pic:
rySSdKB.jpg

All good things must come to an end. Here's Linus bidding adieu to his lambsfoot buddies:
8hVNYk5.jpg

It's been fun! On to Tennessee!

I've very much enjoyed your Linus posts, Vince! You've done a smashing job at showcasing the debut of his adventures, very well done.

Prester John Prester John Vince, thanks for all the wonderful photos and memories of Linus and his visit to the Corpus Christi area. Your granddaughter is such a sweetheart! I hope I can show our friend Linus as good a visit as you did. As it turns out he’s going to get to spend some time in Tennessee and Washington DC since I have to make a trip help my daughter with a few things. :):thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to it, Ron!

Sometimes we don't pay enough attention to the pile sides so here are the pile sides of my JB SFO HHBs

ObjA8Hh.jpg

U5klrTQ.jpg

I have become rather fond of many of the pile sides that my Lambsfoot knives feature. I agree that it's quite nice to show them off on occasion.

That's pretty awful workmanship, I'd be pretty disappointed as well. It certainly makes me second guess getting any of his knives in the future. Hopefully he is able to make it right in some semblance or another.

I hope everyone is having a great week so far.

3se3yFs.jpg

I am not going to return my Michael May. There is some sloppy work on grinding the swedge on the nail nick side and the tang is not flush with the liners but there is no play in it. It does look like the work of a beginning apprentice. On the other hand, the rest of the knife is well made and looks like the work of a meister cutler. The history of the mistakes adds to its value for me.

Now, I have a question. Who makes the lambsfoot with "Made in Sheffield" within a circle?

Some more indoor closeups - scary! :eek:

IMG-1595.jpg
IMG-1596.jpg
IMG-1597.jpg
IMG-1598.jpg

Not exactly "crafted to the highest standard" :eek: That's appalling. Bad enough that a knife would leave a factory like that, but a 'bespoke maker'? o_O Not sure how the Company of Cutlers in Hallamshire (who have absolutely nothing to do with this knife) would feel about having their crest stamped on the bolster of a knife which reflects so badly on Sheffield :thumbsdown:

I would just get my money back.

Me too, but I wouldn't have ordered it in the first place :thumbsup:

That's terrible!!! One of the worst I've seen. I'd ask for my money back and if he balks and wants the knife back before he gives a refund, I'd tell him to send you a pre-paid shipping label.

It's a shame a cutler would put out something like that.

I have to agree Ed, there's no excusing a knife made like that, particularly when it's supposed to have been made by hand by one cutler, and you're paying a premium for that. Even if a knife was made so badly, why would you send it out to a customer, the many faults with it are hardly subtle? :thumbsdown:

Thank you so much, Chin, I very much appreciate your kind words. They mean a lot to me.

I've very much enjoyed your Linus posts, Vince! You've done a smashing job at showcasing the debut of his adventures, very well done.

I have become rather fond of many of the pile sides that my Lambsfoot knives feature. I agree that it's quite nice to show them off on occasion.

That's pretty awful workmanship, I'd be pretty disappointed as well. It certainly makes me second guess getting any of his knives in the future. Hopefully he is able to make it right in some semblance or another.

3se3yFs.jpg

That's good to hear my friend, great shot there :) :thumbsup:

I am not going to return my Michael May. There is some sloppy work on grinding the swedge on the nail nick side and the tang is not flush with the liners but there is no play in it. It does look like the work of a beginning apprentice. On the other hand, the rest of the knife is well made and looks like the work of a meister cutler. The history of the mistakes adds to its value for me.

Now, I have a question. Who makes the lambsfoot with "Made in Sheffield" within a circle?

For the record, cutlery apprentices do not start off making knives, after progressing from making the tea and sweeping the floor, they generally perform tasks such as soldering on the bolsters or marking the tangs. During this period, they are under the watchful eye of a skilled cutler, who corrects the mistakes they make. Eventually, if they show aptitude, they may progress to the more skilled aspects of the trade. Sadly, there is a shortage of skilled cutlers in Sheffield these days :(

Those blades are made in the same factory where the blades and springs for Mr May's knives are stamped out, and where he buys them from.

3se3yFs.jpg

3se3yFs.jpg
Nirvana

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

Good Morning Guardians
Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still without internet at home. They are supposed to fix it this afternoon. In the meantime, I'm enjoying reading the Guardians on my phone and will chime in when I can. Have a great day all.

The bowls made by CelloDan CelloDan are exquisite
TY Harvey for the kind words ! :)
Good morning Guardians! I hope everyone is off to a great day! :) I will be getting a visitor this evening in the mail. Mr. Linus should arrive for his visit! :D Today I’m carrying my Ebony WCLF! :):thumbsup:
I am looking forward to it Ron :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians
BT9BtxY.jpg

UwyH7L9.jpg

Good morning, friends!

I'm done with the M. May drama. I truly wish Mr. May can get his QC issues sorted out, and can eventually earn a reputation for excellence if he sticks with knife making. I'm going to return my knife and ask for a refund. I just don't want to chance being disappointed a second time.

I'm going to remove the pictures.

Here is one I AM immensly proud of owning! :):thumbsup:

DSC-2996.jpg

Good morning, friends!

I'm done with the M. May drama. I truly wish Mr. May can get his QC issues sorted out, and can eventually earn a reputation for excellence if he sticks with knife making. I'm going to return my knife and ask for a refund. I just don't want to chance being disappointed a second time.

DSC-2996.jpg
I think it's decent of you to go back and delete the pictures.

Good morning, friends!

DSC-2996.jpg
Now THAT is a masterpiece!

Good morning Guardians! I hope everyone is off to a great day! :) I will be getting a visitor this evening in the mail. Mr. Linus should arrive for his visit! :D Today I’m carrying my Ebony WCLF! :):thumbsup:

48591594626_ae08bca426_c_d.jpg

Exciting stuff Ron, and in the meantime your ebony WCLF is a peach :cool: :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still without internet at home. They are supposed to fix it this afternoon. In the meantime, I'm enjoying reading the Guardians on my phone and will chime in when I can. Have a great day all.

Morning Guardians
BT9BtxY.jpg

UwyH7L9.jpg

Morning Guardians, great pics of your African Rosewood :thumbsup:

Good morning, friends!

DSC-2996.jpg

Just put it down to experience mate, but I don't know why you would remove the pics, it's not as if they're inaccurate, and you've been open about Mr May offering to fix things. Without them it kind of makes the previous discussion meaningless for future readers of the thread. Your WCLF is a thing of beauty :thumbsup:

Been down at 35f all day here, and now it is raining, with heavier rain forecast for the next 36 hours :(

I went down to the market to get a haircut from Barber Brian, but he'd taken the day off! :eek: Picked up a homemade sausage-roll from a nice French lady though :thumbsup:

GqpSUOD.jpg

I am looking forward to it Ron :thumbsup:
Thanks Dan! :):thumbsup:

Exciting stuff Ron, and in the meantime your ebony WCLF is a peach :cool: :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! :):thumbsup:

Been down at 35f all day here, and now it is raining, with heavier rain forecast for the next 36 hours :(

I went down to the market to get a haircut from Barber Brian, but he'd taken the day off! :eek: Picked up a homemade sausage-roll from a nice French lady though :thumbsup:

GqpSUOD.jpg
Okay Jack! Now you've made me hungry! ;) Love that Hartshead my friend! :cool::thumbsup:

Back