Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good Morning Guardians
Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still without internet at home. They are supposed to fix it this afternoon. In the meantime, I'm enjoying reading the Guardians on my phone and will chime in when I can. Have a great day all.

Sorry John, just realised I lost your quote from my earlier post o_O Hope you get your internet connection fixed OK :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! :):thumbsup:

Okay Jack! Now you've made me hungry! ;) Love that Hartshead my friend! :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks pal :D :thumbsup:

Good morning, Guardians!
uTMsRnj.jpg

Looking good Vince :) :thumbsup:

Did anyone remember
the 5th of November?
Can it be the Gunpowder Plot
has somehow been forgot?
;)

Not in Leeds! :eek: Though it's not as bad this year! :eek:

Seems to have been a bit crazy everywhere, but then most folks only see gunpowder once a year here these days (a good job there weren't any 'soccer balls' around!) :eek: As a young lad, I remember my mother sending me to the hardware store to buy an ounce of gunpowder to clean the oven or chimney out (I forget which). I trailed all over, calling at every hardware store or ironmongers I came across, but they were all out of stock, it must have been about the time when they stopped selling it :rolleyes: Any schoolboy could make it back then anyway :thumbsup:

The really big Bonfire celebration is in Lewes in the Southern English county of Sussex, but few towns here don't still commemorate the 5th November :thumbsup:

Hey Guardians, yesterday I buffed the scales on my African rosewood. Also sharpened it to arm shaving point ( did not use my legs this time ... as much... LOL :D )
This beauty is in my pocket :)

KKlOfMC.jpg

Nice work Dan, cool pic :cool: :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Nice knife, Ed!!!:thumbsup:

I enlarged it, but cannot read the tang!! Can you read it for me??:D

waynorth waynorth - Yes Charlie.

The mark side tang stamp:

Harrison Bros
& Howson
Sheffield

The pile side tang stamp:

Made in
Sheffield
England

The knife is 4 1/16" closed; Blade length from bolster to tip 3 1/8"; Sharpened edge 2 7/8"

There's a thread running on page 2 of this forum titled -
"Made in Sheffield" 1830-1930, A golden age ?

The company Harrison Bros & Howson are mentioned frequently in that thread.

Last edited:

waynorth waynorth - Yes Charlie.

The mark side tang stamp:

Harrison Bros
& Howson
Sheffield

The pie side tang stamp:

Made in
Sheffield
England

The knife is 4 1/16" closed; Blade length from bolster to tip 3 1/8"; Sharpened edge 2 7/8"

Very nice indeed Ed :) :thumbsup:

AsLIVFs.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black - that homemade sausage roll looks very appealing, as does your JB SFO.

Modoc ED Modoc ED - Beautiful covers on you Lamb, Ed.

Good Morning Guardians.
View attachment 1227007

Thanks Harvey, that's what I thought, it probably looked better than it tasted though, OK, but not the best I'm afraid :thumbsup: Superb Lambsfoot my friend :) :thumbsup:

Just having a beer before bedtime ;) :thumbsup:

7EBd5kD.jpg

The weather forecast is for heavy rain all day tomorrow, but I am still committed to helping my pal out at the market (pass him the odd carrier bag, and cut a few pieces of cake, that sort of thing ;) ). Expecting low temperatures too, so I'll be wrapping up well, and pocketing Lucy ;) Have a good day folks, it'll soon be the weekend :thumbsup:

xtBknAA.jpg

Now that's some fine pocket worn stag! :thumbsup:

After seeing how nicely @JohnDF rounded the corners on his knife Skoll, I decided to take sandpaper to my new ebony. The corners of the handle were uncomfortably blocky, and dug into my palm just wrong.
SG18ijE.jpg

Didn't really have to remove a lot of material, I just had to hit the right spots.
After 1000 grit sandpaper and wax, it is sooo much more comfortable now! I also filed down the kick so the tip won't catch and tear a hole in my pocket. I went slowly, and could have lowered it more, but I was running out of kick.
t334K8U.jpg

SNFdG7e.jpg

The next thing to do is reset a thinner edge on the blade, but I might not get a chance before the weekend. Now that I've "made it mine" it's gonna be a fine Lambsfoot.

Last edited:
Now that's some fine pocket worn stag! :thumbsup:

After seeing how nicely @JohnDF rounded the corners on his knife Skoll, I decided to take sandpaper to my new ebony. The corners of the handle were uncomfortably blocky, and dug into my palm just wrong.
SG18ijE.jpg

Didn't really have to remove a lot of material, I just had to hit the right spots.
After 1000 grit sandpaper and wax, it is sooo much more comfortable now! I also filed down the kick so the tip won't catch and tear a hole in my pocket. I went slowly, and could have lowered it more, but I was running out of kick.
t334K8U.jpg

SNFdG7e.jpg

The next thing to do is reset a thinner edge on the blade, but I might not get a chance before the weekend. Now that I've "made it mine" it's gonna be a fine Lambsfoot.
Great job, i am very interested in how your edge thinning goes.:)

Did anyone remember
the 5th of November?
Can it be the Gunpowder Plot
has somehow been forgot?
;)
You are correct.o_O I completely forgot, i think it is a generational thing. We used to have huge bonfires in every suburb and town when i was growing up, we called it Cracker Night. They were banned in the late sixties, and the next generations had no idea of it's relevance.o_O

Back