Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good Monday morning everyone. :confused: Glad it's a short work week.:thumbsup:

1OTIjK3.jpg

Hello Guardians!

It's been a long time since I've checked in here. The last couple of months have gone by incredibly quickly and I've only recently felt that I had enough spare time to allow myself to start checking in here again and risk getting back sucked in to this and other fine Porch threads. :)

I started a new job at the end of September and there has been a lot of learning to do. That, combined with my desire to make a good initial impression and the typical ongoing family and community commitments have pretty much spoken for all of my time lately. Fortunately, I feel like I've got my legs solidly underneath me at work now, and, with the Thanksgiving Holiday coming up, I have the opportunity for some rest and relaxation and a bit of recalibration of my time.

Linus' impending visit is coming at the perfect time! I was excited when I heard from Ron that it would soon be my time to play host. It's a great way to draw me back in to spending quality time with you folks. :)

I don't know yet where I'll land as far as a workable life balance that includes the Porch, but I do hope that I'll be more a presence here soon, even if it may not be every day.

Today my younger dog, Tucker, and I took advantage of a beautiful autumn day to go for a hike:

43pehpGl.jpg

We're due for rain and cooler daytime temperatures, which I'm looking forward to. It's past time for some seasonal change and to experience what passes as winter weather in the Bay Area.

And, to be sure that I'm including Lambsfoot Content, here is a picture of Tucker and my non-canine trusty daily companion taken a bit later on in the hike:

MArtT57h.jpg

Thanks for your patience in my absence and understanding of my inability to catch up on all that has happened here over the past couple of months. I hope to be able to keep up with the majority of what's flowing through the Guardians Fire Hose going forward, but we'll see. It is so gratifying to see, though, what a vibrant community this has become.

Cheers!
Great to see you posting Greg. I have just put Linus in a box to be headed your way. I sent you a PM with the tracking info.

I'm carrying this Ironwood Damascus beauty today. I hope all you Guardians have a great week! :) :thumbsup:

48050240766_e8cb9f1696_o.jpg

The scale of it is unbelievable, I dread to think what it is like by midnight :eek: There are still folks trying to get home with their kids in the early evening, and it really is not pleasant to see. You can barely drive for all the drunks stumbling across the road, falling over, or fighting :thumbsdown:
Where's the nanny state when it's wanted?

The Extraordinary Adventures of Linus the Lambsfoot Part 2

Well fellow Guardians, my time with Linus has come to an end. I boxed him up this morning for his journey to visit Greg @WhittlinAway. I have one last installment with Linus as I showed him some of the local sights around town yesterday. Just a short visit with him before his farewell.

49118575072_c03eb04512_o.jpg

The star in the lower right hand corner indicates the location of Cleveland.
49117294777_40698a4c4a_o.jpg

Here is Linus visiting our local Cherokee Chieftain. This sculpture was carved by Peter Toth in 1974 and donated to the City of Cleveland as a reminder of the region's significant Cherokee heritage.

49117874483_eaecdcff6d_o.jpg

Here is a plaque briefly explaining Cleveland's role in the Civil War. Being located only 25 miles from Chattanooga and the fact that we had a major rail line we saw significant activity from both sides during the war.

49118574652_d31851d9d2_o.jpg

Next I took Linus by the Bradley County courthouse to let him visit.

49118380121_8b26739e78_o.jpg

49117874523_307869d92f_o.jpg

After visiting the courthouse we went to our local greenway. We had a good walk together. Linus wanted to stop and feed the Ducks. He used everyone of my quarters! :D I also showed our Cleveland post. This post contains the names and distances of all the other towns named Cleveland in the United States. The sun was pretty bright so I hope you can get the jest of the photos.

49118379896_6f0786cf77_o.jpg

49118574687_6d30f11ae5_o.jpg

49118380031_6356ba9332_o.jpg

49118574792_8a151b6658_o.jpg

Edited to add: Yesterday Pam and I were doing a little shopping for the children of her brothers Care Giver. WE bought some gloves and other items. Linus liked the idea of gift giving so here he is with the gloves we got them.

49118380141_4e51c76a28_o.jpg

I've enjoyed having Linus visit and I look forward to seeing his further adventures. :thumbsup::D

Last edited:

Well fellow Guardians, my time with Linus has come to an end. I boxed him up this morning for his journey to visit Greg @WhittlinAway. I have one last installment with Linus as I showed him some of the local sights around town yesterday. Just a short visit with him before his farewell.

Here is Linus visiting our local Cherokee Chieftain. This sculpture was carved by Peter Toth in 1974 and donated to the City of Cleveland as a reminder of the region's significant Cherokee heritage.

Here is a plaque briefly explaining Cleveland's role in the Civil War. Being located only 25 miles from Chattanooga and the fact that we had a major rail line we saw significant activity from both sides during the war.

After visiting the courthouse we went to our local greenway. We had a good walk together. Linus wanted to stop and feed the Ducks. He used everyone of my quarters! :D I also showed our Cleveland post. This post contains the names and distances of all the other towns named Cleveland in the United States. The sun was pretty bright so I hope you can get the jest of the photos.

Edited to add: Yesterday Pam and I were doing a little shopping for the children of her brothers Care Giver. WE bought some gloves and other items. Linus liked the idea of gift giving so her he is with the gloves we got them.

I've enjoyed having Linus visit and I look forward to seeing his further adventures. :thumbsup::D
Great post, Ron. :thumbsup:

I'm carrying this Ironwood Damascus beauty today. I hope all you Guardians have a great week! :) :thumbsup:

48050240766_e8cb9f1696_o.jpg

Special knife Ron :) :thumbsup:

Where's the nanny state when it's wanted?

What do I pay my taxes for?! :eek: :mad: ;) :thumbsup:

Edited to add: Yesterday Pam and I were doing a little shopping for the children of her brothers Care Giver. WE bought some gloves and other items. Linus liked the idea of gift giving so here he is with the gloves we got them.

A fascinating and thoroughly enjoyable post Ron, you certainly showed Linus (and your fellow Guardians) a fantastic time :) Well done :thumbsup:

Another day. Heavy snow predicted here through this week so when out and about I just may need Morse Code and a compass in an emergency along with my Standard with Buffalo Horn covers - a gift from Jack Black Jack Black .

qrtaRJH.jpg

Nice set-up Ed :) :thumbsup:

A 'German Christmas Market' visits Leeds each year, but since it arrives in October, and departs at the end of November, and gets packed with youngsters enthusiastically queuing for up to 2 hours to get the opportunity to pay a lot of money to drink a pint of lager in a large shed, I don't usually attend :rolleyes: Also, it's in a part of the city centre I rarely visit, and so I'm generally not aware it's even there. However, I was down that way today, and since it has been raining all day, and I knew it would be quiet, I thought I'd pass through and take a few pics. Unfortunately, both the pics I took of my Barlow were out of focus (should have taken more pics!) o_O

kSPDIS4.jpg

McPAYhO.jpg

dUlnpcH.jpg

Dtmoor2.jpg

qLaZgeX.jpg

73pulrQ.jpg

F2xKUHr.jpg

O67wdDV.jpg

Well Guardians, as David @donn noted at the weekend, tomorrow is Lancashire Day, when those born in my neighbouring Northern county of Lancashire celebrate all-things Lancashire :) In the spirit of solidarity with those poor souls unlucky enough to have not been born in Yorkshire, I will be genning up on Lancashire this evening, and hoping to celebrate with them tomorrow, perhaps having a pie and/or a chip butty, and most definitely an Eccles cake. I'll also see if I can get hold of a Lancashire-brewed pint to toast my Northern brothers and sisters and wish them a very Happy Lancashire Day :) :thumbsup:

Edit - Sincere apologies Guardians! This Yorkshire pudding got it wrong! :oops: Lancashire Day is not until Wednesday! Very sorry for the confusion :( Thanks to Vince Prester John Prester John for spotting my mistake :thumbsup:

XPiBCq4.jpg

Last edited:
A 'German Christmas Market' visits Leeds each year, but since it arrives in October, and departs at the end of November, and gets packed with youngsters enthusiastically queuing for up to 2 hours to get the opportunity to pay a lot of money to drink a pint of lager in a large shed, I don't usually attend :rolleyes: Also, it's in a part of the city centre I rarely visit, and so I'm generally not aware it's even there. However, I was down that way today, and since it has been raining all day, and I knew it would be quiet, I thought I'd pass through and take a few pics. Unfortunately, both the pics I took of my Barlow were out of focus (should have taken more pics!) o_O

kSPDIS4.jpg

McPAYhO.jpg

dUlnpcH.jpg

Dtmoor2.jpg

qLaZgeX.jpg

73pulrQ.jpg

F2xKUHr.jpg

O67wdDV.jpg
Looks like a great little spot to hang out for a while, as long as it's not crowded. :cool::thumbsup:

I was thrilled to receive a special package from Mike @Crazy Canuck this afternoon, full of super slingshot goodies :cool: Thanks a lot Mike :) :thumbsup:

NBJM3TI.jpg
Way to go, Mike. :cool::thumbsup:
Have fun with all that, Jack. :)

Looks like a great little spot to hang out for a while, as long as it's not crowded. :cool::thumbsup:

Way to go, Mike. :cool::thumbsup:
Have fun with all that, Jack. :)

Thanks John, yeah, I had a good year the time one of the bars were charging the same price for the Paulaner Salvator as for the regular stuff ;) :D Thanks buddy :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back