Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Sv0kKcg.jpg

View attachment 1237458 View attachment 1237457

Have a great weekend Guardians!

After much trial and error, and considerable expense, I can make a few shaving recommendations for those who are interested. Muhle makes a tremendous razor. Astra Platinum blades are an incredible bargain. Simpson’s Manchurian Badger cannot be beat. I also use Taylor’s Old Bond Street Jack. I especially like the Peppermint. However, to me, there is nothing better than Trumper’s Limes, Coconut Oil, or Almond; in that order.

Beautiful photograph of a great knife Mark, Ramrodmb Ramrodmb !

Thank you for the compliments on our German Shepherd cudgee cudgee . You might be surprised to learn that even though she looks serious, she is really just a big marshmallow. She would not hurt a fly, but she does not have to, nobody would dare test her! All she needs to do is show up.
Thanks for all the shaving tips. I have had a lot do with Shepherds, and they are the most misunderstood dog out there. By their genealogy they are just so gentle by nature, all they want to do is look after their flock, which is now us, they are not vicious, but can be protective if someone threatens their flock-US. But as a companion dog, they are beautiful, so intelligent and so loyal. You have a good one there.

Just Awesome! :cool::thumbsup:

Thank you, John!

An uncommon fellow here. :thumbsup: :D I want to see your cup holder. ;) Pretty fine kit!

Ray

Thank you, my friend. As far as my cupholder... Well, you're looking at it ;). It doesn't get put down until empty.

Looks like a great way to start the weekend Dylan :) Very interesting to read about the Braggots, a style of beer I wasn't aware of. Thanks for the info my friend, fantastic pics :)

Thank you, Jack! I was delighted to see a nearby brewery crafting such a unique style. I always just assumed that folks made their own Braggot by mixing beer and Mead....

Well, I managed to get my outside chores done for the most part so I'm treating myself to a couple of brews and some cigars.

I hope everyone is having a pleasant weekend so far.

hJ8w1NV.jpg

Thank you, John!

Thank you, my friend. As far as my cupholder... Well, you're looking at it ;). It doesn't get put down until empty.

Thank you, Jack! I was delighted to see a nearby brewery crafting such a unique style. I always just assumed that folks made their own Braggot by mixing beer and Mead....

Well, I managed to get my outside chores done for the most part so I'm treating myself to a couple of brews and some cigars.

hJ8w1NV.jpg
You deserve your "Brew and Smoke.:thumbsup:

Mouth watering.

fi8Ru5d.jpg

Sorry to hear of your extreme discomfort, Ed. Hope your pain subsides quickly. Take care.

Jack Black Jack Black - Just saw that “The Irishman” is coming to Netflix, next week. Watched the trailer. Kind of felt conflicting emotions. On the one hand, a veritable “Dream Team” of cast, director, and script/story line, and on the other hand, a kind of farewell to a generation of our bad guys. Hope you enjoy it as much as I’m sure I will, Jack.

Good Morning Guardians.
View attachment 1237633
fi8Ru5d.jpg

Morning Guardians, hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'm hoping to be able to make a proper post at some point today, but currently, I'm locked out of my PC while Windows updates are installed. So far it's been an hour, and only 20% of the updates have been installed :mad: Have a pleasant Sunday folks :thumbsup:

View attachment 1237458 View attachment 1237457

Have a great weekend Guardians!

After much trial and error, and considerable expense, I can make a few shaving recommendations for those who are interested. Muhle makes a tremendous razor. Astra Platinum blades are an incredible bargain. Simpson’s Manchurian Badger cannot be beat. I also use Taylor’s Old Bond Street Jack. I especially like the Peppermint. However, to me, there is nothing better than Trumper’s Limes, Coconut Oil, or Almond; in that order.

Beautiful photograph of a great knife Mark, Ramrodmb Ramrodmb !

Thank you for the compliments on our German Shepherd cudgee cudgee . You might be surprised to learn that even though she looks serious, she is really just a big marshmallow. She would not hurt a fly, but she does not have to, nobody would dare test her! All she needs to do is show up.

Great pics Leslie, and thank you for the shaving recommendations :) I've not tried Astras, I've been using Feathers a long time now, but I might give them a try some time :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
I'm starting my full week off for Thanksgiving. It should be jam-packed with things that need to get done. Football game today, football on TV tomorrow, and moving everything back into the house on Monday - Wednesday... getting ready for Thanksgiving and eventually Christmas. Hope all my Guardian friends have a fun relaxing weekend. :)

That's a cool pic John :D Hope you get moved back in OK my friend :) :thumbsup:

Good morning all. Starting the day off right with a good shave and a good knife.
View attachment 1237506

Nice pic Bill :thumbsup:

Outstanding shots today gentlemen!
Been getting acquainted with this beauty by carrying it all week. Turns out it's a stout, hard working, hand friendly, welcome addition to the flock. Just love it, thanks Jack!
Have an enjoyable weekend all.

sggJWET.jpg

Pile side can be seen in the Stag Saturday thread

I'm pleased you're liking your Hartshead Barlow my friend, I think you'll find it a tough knife :) :thumbsup:

Good morning guardians.
It's been a while since I've stopped in to say hello. It's been fun going through this thread and catching up. Hope you all have a great weekend!

GBoBzTT.jpg

Great to see you here :) :thumbsup:

I will probably choose my newest lambsfoot to carry all through Thanksgiving week. (I have to put away most of my knives when family comes to stay, just so they don't worry I've gone knife-mad) I expect it'll finally develop a good patina after cutting fruit pies and such.
MFisd0I.jpg

That's nice Rachel :) I know what you mean about putting knives away, I try to keep most of mine out of sight when I'm expecting visitors. Nonetheless, there are currently 6 on my desk, 28 on my coffee table (half of which are in a box), and 25 on my kitchen table! :eek: :rolleyes:

I wonder if Jack is enjoying his nap?

Thanks for thinking of me John :) If I'd known the final stage of the Windows 10 update would have kept me locked out of my PC for 2 1/2 hours, I might have thought about staying in bed ;) :D :thumbsup:

Good morning everyone!! I got back from the hospital late yesterday afternoon but was in "Squinty Eye Pain" and was unable to post. "Squinty Eye Pain" is, when you hurt so bad, you have to squint one eye shut really tight to help the pain medication do it's job.

Here's a pic of my "L-il Un" with horn covers and shaped handle with my board reflected in the blade.

blJm1C0.jpg

Sorry to hear you've been in so much pain ED :( I hope things are better today my friend :thumbsup:

I have my nap scheduled. I'll be counting Lambs... :D

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Watching the Premier League on the telly.
tXz8AvI.jpg

With the proper accompaniments, of course.
qTx491j.jpg

Looks like a great afternoon (?) Vince, though I'm sorry you were disappointed with the result :( Hope it was an entertaining match at least :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Just saw that “The Irishman” is coming to Netflix, next week. Watched the trailer. Kind of felt conflicting emotions. On the one hand, a veritable “Dream Team” of cast, director, and script/story line, and on the other hand, a kind of farewell to a generation of our bad guys. Hope you enjoy it as much as I’m sure I will, Jack.

Good Morning Guardians.
View attachment 1237633

Good point Harvey, they have certainly left a legacy. I think you'll enjoy it a lot :) I'm sure I'd enjoy that doughnut! :D :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians. It's been a few days shy of a month now with this beauty in the pocket. I do miss the L'il Lambsfoot a bit, but am really enjoying carrying it. Hoping everyone has a great weekend, and if there's any CFL fans, that you enjoy the Grey Cup tomorrow. Our city is hosting this year but didn't make it :(

SDmhWrk.jpg

Glad you're liking it Mike, I have found it hard to kick out of my pocket myself :) :thumbsup:

Happy weekend Guardians.
49108378751_9a32fdc8c8_h.jpg

Great knife :) :thumbsup:

Another excellent pic Dan :) :thumbsup:

It's been a beautiful Saturday.
Cheers to you all.

Y994Akk.jpg

Looks good to me ;) :) :thumbsup:

hJ8w1NV.jpg

I'd have thought the same Dylan :) You've got the making of a great time there my friend, cool pic of your DamLamb :) :thumbsup:

Cock-a-doodle-do, time to wake the roosters! Well, I might be nice and give them an hour or two... But thought I'd add in some knife content:

5LZYKOP.jpg

@Leslie Tomville Thanks for the compliment. I thoroughly enjoyed your pics with your Shepard! What a stud! That WNCLF looking the treat.

HAPPY SUNDAY FOLkS!!

Cool pic Mark, wishing you and all our Guardians a very happy Sunday :) :thumbsup:

tuI6vrV.jpg

Thanks David! :) Great photos as usual! :thumbsup::cool:

Your welcome. :thumbsup:

The pub visit was a great success. Admittedly, Braggots are not a style of beverage that I have much experience with so it was very nice to experience something different and I ended up enjoying the brews immensely. Of the ales that were available on tap, I ended up enjoying their Red Ale the most.

Here is a bit of info on it:

I liked it so much, I brought a couple growlers full home with me and opted to fill my horn again to properly kick off the weekend.

gYjnFkp.jpg

And of course, I had to have a proper smoke as well.

H2VdTgp.jpg

I've had beer, I've had mead but never Braggot. It sounds an interesting drink and I'm going to have to track it down. Seems the perfect drink for this time of year. :thumbsup:
Here's a link to an article on Anglo-Saxon drinks you may find interesting.
https://www.tha-engliscan-gesithas.org.uk/archives/the-alcoholic-drinks-of-the-anglo-saxons

That's a great drinking horn btw! But do you have a holder to place it in?

Morning Guardians, hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'm hoping to be able to make a proper post at some point today, but currently, I'm locked out of my PC while Windows updates are installed. So far it's been an hour, and only 20% of the updates have been installed :mad: Have a pleasant Sunday folks :thumbsup:

That reminds me of a programme I watched recently about our combat pilots receiving training in the U.S on the new F35 fighters. This RAF pilot was sat in one and to get it started he had to enter a username and password. :rolleyes: Inputs them; nothing. Tries again. Nothing. And again. Nothing. The U.S pilot enters his own username and password. Nothing. Several attempts later they've still not been able to get this plane started/switched on. :rolleyes:
The progression of the West eh....:rolleyes:

Yesterday was 'Lancashire Day' in the county of Lancashire. So as the weather is rubbish I thought I'd take a trip up through a part of Lancashire on a steam train along the East Lancashire Railway on one of our heritage lines.
http://www.eastlancsrailway.org.uk/
V7WUDe4.jpg

First some Morris Dancing.
5NdDXAh.jpg

EvneJqS.jpg

VOwoAd4.jpg

Lancashire pie.
4fa8PTn.jpg

At one time Lancashire was the home of the Temperance movement in Britain. In the town of Rawtenstall you'll find the last Temperance bar in the country.
txmtOFE.jpg

Where a warm Sarsaparilla certainly helped. :)
Xd2LSel.jpg

And then some Lancashire ale (Moorhouse's Black Cat Reserve), Lancashire crisps and Lancshire Gin (that wasn't mine).:)
BapPqWM.jpg

RKDPgeo.jpg

x6eB4Sz.jpg

YUbCnmm.jpg

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday planned. :thumbsup:

That reminds me of a programme I watched recently about our combat pilots receiving training in the U.S on the new F35 fighters. This RAF pilot was sat in one and to get it started he had to enter a username and password. :rolleyes: Inputs them; nothing. Tries again. Nothing. And again. Nothing. The U.S pilot enters his own username and password. Nothing. Several attempts later they've still not been able to get this plane started/switched on. :rolleyes:
The progression of the West eh....:rolleyes:

Yesterday was 'Lancashire Day' in the county of Lancashire. So as the weather is rubbish I thought I'd take a trip up through a part of Lancashire on a steam train along the East Lancashire Railway on one of our heritage lines.
http://www.eastlancsrailway.org.uk/
V7WUDe4.jpg

First some Morris Dancing.
5NdDXAh.jpg

EvneJqS.jpg

VOwoAd4.jpg

Lancashire pie.
4fa8PTn.jpg

At one time Lancashire was the home of the Temperance movement in Britain. In the town of Rawtenstall you'll find the last Temperance bar in the country.
txmtOFE.jpg

Where a warm Sarsaparilla certainly helped. :)
Xd2LSel.jpg

And then some Lancashire ale (Moorhouse's Black Cat Reserve), Lancashire crisps and Lancshire Gin (that wasn't mine).:)
BapPqWM.jpg

RKDPgeo.jpg

x6eB4Sz.jpg

YUbCnmm.jpg

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday planned. :thumbsup:

That is absolutely crazy David! :eek: I was on a bus the other week, which broke down due to a computer error. A lot less serious than an F35, but the driver said it happened all the time o_O

Those are great photos David, what a fantastic way to celebrate Lancashire Day :) But I thought it was on the 27th November :confused: Methodism was very big in Sheffield too, and while temperance certainly wasn't, there were a lot of temperance bars there when I was a kid. I remember going in the last of them, Jack's Temperance Bar in the 1980's, not long before it closed :thumbsup:

cDLuyM3.jpg

That is absolutely crazy David! :eek: I was on a bus the other week, which broke down due to a computer error. A lot less serious than an F35, but the driver said it happened all the time o_O

Those are great photos David, what a fantastic way to celebrate Lancashire Day :) But I thought it was on the 27th November :confused: Methodism was very big in Sheffield too, and while temperance certainly wasn't, there were a lot of temperance bars there when I was a kid. I remember going in the last of them, Jack's Temperance Bar in the 1980's, not long before it closed :thumbsup:

cDLuyM3.jpg

Your right Jack sorry I worded that poorly; it is the 27th. I should of said it was being celebrated yesterday as it's gone like most our celebrations; shoehorned into the nearest convenient weekend. :rolleyes:Not that it seems as popular as Yorkshire Day, which seems to have a much higher profile within Yorkshire, than Lancashire Day does in Lancs.

Thanks for mentioning that Temperance Bar; I'll look that up. Of course, our cities are still full of 'Temperance Bars'. There called Starbucks. :rolleyes:

And we have appalling bother with computers at work; sometimes resulting in serious delays to patient care. :rolleyes: My job most days now seems to be stood at a computer watching a blue circle go round and round. :mad:

Your right Jack sorry I worded that poorly; it is the 27th. I should of said it was being celebrated yesterday as it's gone like most our celebrations; shoehorned into the nearest convenient weekend. :rolleyes:Not that it seems as popular as Yorkshire Day, which seems to have a much higher profile within Yorkshire, than Lancashire Day does in Lancs.

Thanks for mentioning that Temperance Bar; I'll look that up. Of course, our cities are still full of 'Temperance Bars'. There called Starbucks. :rolleyes:

And we have appalling bother with computers at work; sometimes resulting in serious delays to patient care. :rolleyes: My job most days now seems to be stood at a computer watching a blue circle go round and round. :mad:

Thanks mate, I'm glad I haven't missed it :thumbsup: I don't like the way celebratory days just get moved around the way they do, but that did look pretty good. Hopefully it will continue to grow in prominence :) There's an independent coffee shop half a mile up the road from me, which now has a Caffe Nero to the left, and a Starbucks to the right. They have a sign outside proclaiming, "A Rose Between Two Thorns"! :D :thumbsup:

That is absolutely terrible about work :eek: :thumbsdown:

Thank you, Jack. :)
Hope you enjoyed your movie yesterday.

I did thanks John, it was pretty good, even at 3 hours plus :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
The Hartshead will be my Lambsfoot of choice this week...

Nice choice! :D :thumbsup:

Back