1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 49 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10 + Prize Pack , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. donn

donn Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Great clip! I'd completely forgotten about that!

Prester John and Jack Black like this.
  2. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I watched it recently, and it made me laugh just as much as when I first saw it! :D That's actually the guy who played Grossberger singing :cool: :thumbsup:

mitch4ging, Prester John and donn like this.
  3. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Thanks fellas

mitch4ging and Jack Black like this.
  4. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    "Das right, we bad!"

5. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks for the compliments Jack! :) That's a great bucket Jack! :thumbsup::cool:

Thanks Jack! :):thumbsup:

Thank you Mark! :):thumbsup:

Thanks David! :) Great photos as usual! :thumbsup::cool:

Thanks John! :)

Thanks Harvey! :) My daughter has only had Maggie about a month. Maggie is deaf from birth and that presents some challenges, but she is a sweetie. :):thumbsup:

mitch4ging, donn, Ramrodmb and 3 others like this.
  6. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Linus has been hanging out with my Ashely's Choice today. :) They seem to get along quite well. ;) I know all my flock will hate to see Linus go when he leaves. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

7. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Is that a paint chip between the knives, Ron?

(Just kidding--I love Tennessee!)

Half/Stop and cigarrodog like this.
  8. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
  9. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    48C2D083-13AB-4597-9830-04F6227B33DA.jpeg CAFCF9EE-7FF6-4161-A565-660CACCAA353.jpeg C6C59C43-DED8-4F48-9CBE-E5CD9D2E0BE9.jpeg

Here is the Guardian of my Lambsfoot!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  10. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
  11. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
  12. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    The pub visit was a great success. Admittedly, Braggots are not a style of beverage that I have much experience with so it was very nice to experience something different and I ended up enjoying the brews immensely. Of the ales that were available on tap, I ended up enjoying their Red Ale the most.

Here is a bit of info on it:

I liked it so much, I brought a couple growlers full home with me and opted to fill my horn again to properly kick off the weekend.

[​IMG]

And of course, I had to have a proper smoke as well.

[​IMG]

13. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Just Awesome! :cool::thumbsup:

donn, Pàdruig and draggat like this.
  14. MRpink

MRpink

Sep 17, 2007
    Great read! Thank you for sharing.

WCLF with my trusty Streamlight.
    [​IMG]

15. draggat

draggat Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2010
    When I ordered said knife, it was along with quite a few others, all in stag. I received a hand written note from a very nice gentleman named Paul Iseard (I'd make a wild guess that you know him Jack) and he told me that he had personally selected the gnarliest stag for me. A few were actually really nice, but honestly, none were anything close to sambar stag. With that said, I'd have to agree 100% that most people will get a whitish brown scratchy looking handle of they order the stag models. I've heard the saying that no stag is bad stag but there is definitely the stag that is a sight to behold and then theres the scratchy looking stuff.

Really disappointing to hear about the horn. :(

This one will NOT be receiving the polishing treatment! ;)

[​IMG]

16. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    An uncommon fellow here. :thumbsup: :D I want to see your cup holder. ;) Pretty fine kit!

Ray

mitch4ging and Pàdruig like this.
  17. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Looks like a great way to start the weekend Dylan :) Very interesting to read about the Braggots, a style of beer I wasn't aware of. Thanks for the info my friend, fantastic pics :) :thumbsup:

Looking good Mr Pink :thumbsup:

Personally, I am not a fan of the Pere David stag, some of it looks 'OK', but with most of it, I'd just rather have something else (ie a different cover material). Unfortunately, the cutler won't just use the best pieces, they'll use all the stag they have, however featureless and uninteresting it is. I think folks just have to take that into account if they decide to order one of the stag models. They're not going to get anything remotely like the photos on the website (which are incredibly misleading), they're not even going to get that type of stag.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Glad you're pleased with your Hartshead Barlow Steve :) Of course that is vintage Sambar stag, and the supply of that, even for SFOs, seems to be exhausted I'm afraid :(

I do know Paul Iseard Steve :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, the weather is still rotten here, so I'm going out for lunch, and then to see The Irishman at one of those fancy cinemas with sofas and table service. Thought I'd be best served by my AC :) Hope everyone has a great weekend :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

18. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    Enjoy the movie mate.:)

Jack Black likes this.
  19. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks pal, it's over 3 hours long, so I hope I can stay awake! :D :thumbsup:

mitch4ging and cigarrodog like this.
  20. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    3 hours is far to long for me. I will wait for the DVD.:rolleyes:

mitch4ging likes this.