Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

The Brothers look good Ron :D :thumbsup:

Two great posts Ron :) :thumbsup:

Here's the bucket :D It was used for pouring molten steel :thumbsup:

7oX9Lo7.jpg
Thanks for the compliments Jack! :) That's a great bucket Jack! :thumbsup::cool:

Another great post Ron, I'm glad you and Linus made it back to Tennessee OK :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! :):thumbsup:

Half/Stop Half/Stop -Ron, great photos of Linus and the cedar bucket as well as the DC area.:thumbsup: I can understand your hesitancy and hope you are feeling better, my friend! Good luck with the new phone, that can be a real pain to deal with.
Thank you Mark! :):thumbsup:

Great shots. I wish our leaders still thought and spoke like that. :thumbsup:

Crikey that couldn't of been good on the ears.:) Carlisle is the most besieged city in the realm and over the centuries has suffered a lot of damage; including the cathedral, so I wonder if that's something to do with it. The Norman Nave was half destroyed during our civil war so Carlisle cathedral is, AFAIK the only cathedral where the Chancel is longer than the Nave.
L6VoDwY.jpg

It was my HHB today but it'll be the rosewood in a sec as I need something with a bit more clout with which to make some parsnip soup. :thumbsup:
4jQGXh9.jpg
Thanks David! :) Great photos as usual! :thumbsup::cool:

That was a great update, Ron. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks John! :)

Half/Stop Half/Stop - Great posts from you and Linus, Ron. Maggie is adorable.
Thanks Harvey! :) My daughter has only had Maggie about a month. Maggie is deaf from birth and that presents some challenges, but she is a sweetie. :):thumbsup:

We expect a full:confused: { pun intended } report on the pub.:D

Hope you had a great time at the brewery too, that's a quality pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

The pub visit was a great success. Admittedly, Braggots are not a style of beverage that I have much experience with so it was very nice to experience something different and I ended up enjoying the brews immensely. Of the ales that were available on tap, I ended up enjoying their Red Ale the most.

Here is a bit of info on it:

REVERENCE - DRY HOPPED RED ALE
Reverence is our take on a red ale. In this braggot, certified organic two row and specialty malts provide a strong malt profile and rich red color. Multiple hop additions, including dry-hopping, give Reverence a distinct, but not overpowering, hoppiness. The star ingredient, orange blossom honey, serves to balance out the hops while providing an inimitable aroma and truly unique taste. Reverence is more than just a beverage- it's a sensory experience. Enjoy.

**DRAFT AND BOTTLE**

ABV: 6.3% IBU: 25

I liked it so much, I brought a couple growlers full home with me and opted to fill my horn again to properly kick off the weekend.

gYjnFkp.jpg

And of course, I had to have a proper smoke as well.

H2VdTgp.jpg

I think, once again, that demonstrates the risks involved in ordering these knives sight-unseen, it's a complete lottery, but I'd say that your chances of getting some gnarly stag are close to zero o_O

Thank you my friend :) Charlie @waynorth has a few nice horn models too, but I had to buy a lot of knives to get some good ones. In the case of this one, I was lucky enough to spot it at the factory while looking round with @herder (that was under the old ownership). I subsequently asked to have horn like this on half of the 2018 Guardians Knives, but I got something completely different. So, once again, as a lone punter, ordering is a complete lottery, and I've had a lot of bad experiences with the horn from this manufacturer, such as it lifting off the scales. Horn can look great, and I think we were lucky to get some good stuff for the 2017 Guardians knives, but personally, I'd steer clear of horn, it's just too much of a gamble, and if you have problems with it, you're likely to be stuck with a knife that you can either get re-covered or put in a drawer :(

When I ordered said knife, it was along with quite a few others, all in stag. I received a hand written note from a very nice gentleman named Paul Iseard (I'd make a wild guess that you know him Jack) and he told me that he had personally selected the gnarliest stag for me. A few were actually really nice, but honestly, none were anything close to sambar stag. With that said, I'd have to agree 100% that most people will get a whitish brown scratchy looking handle of they order the stag models. I've heard the saying that no stag is bad stag but there is definitely the stag that is a sight to behold and then theres the scratchy looking stuff.

Really disappointing to hear about the horn. :(

This one will NOT be receiving the polishing treatment! ;)

The pub visit was a great success. Admittedly, Braggots are not a style of beverage that I have much experience with so it was very nice to experience something different and I ended up enjoying the brews immensely. Of the ales that were available on tap, I ended up enjoying their Red Ale the most.

Here is a bit of info on it:

I liked it so much, I brought a couple growlers full home with me and opted to fill my horn again to properly kick off the weekend.

gYjnFkp.jpg

And of course, I had to have a proper smoke as well.

H2VdTgp.jpg

Looks like a great way to start the weekend Dylan :) Very interesting to read about the Braggots, a style of beer I wasn't aware of. Thanks for the info my friend, fantastic pics :) :thumbsup:

Great read! Thank you for sharing.

WCLF with my trusty Streamlight.
fOrjuCL.jpg

Looking good Mr Pink :thumbsup:

When I ordered said knife, it was along with quite a few others, all in stag. I received a hand written note from a very nice gentleman named Paul Iseard (I'd make a wild guess that you know him Jack) and he told me that he had personally selected the gnarliest stag for me. A few were actually really nice, but honestly, none were anything close to sambar stag. With that said, I'd have to agree 100% that most people will get a whitish brown scratchy looking handle of they order the stag models. I've heard the saying that no stag is bad stag but there is definitely the stag that is a sight to behold and then theres the scratchy looking stuff.

Really disappointing to hear about the horn. :(

This one will NOT be receiving the polishing treatment! ;)

Personally, I am not a fan of the Pere David stag, some of it looks 'OK', but with most of it, I'd just rather have something else (ie a different cover material). Unfortunately, the cutler won't just use the best pieces, they'll use all the stag they have, however featureless and uninteresting it is. I think folks just have to take that into account if they decide to order one of the stag models. They're not going to get anything remotely like the photos on the website (which are incredibly misleading), they're not even going to get that type of stag.

31.25%20lambfoot%20stag%20open.JPG

131-2bolster.jpg

Glad you're pleased with your Hartshead Barlow Steve :) Of course that is vintage Sambar stag, and the supply of that, even for SFOs, seems to be exhausted I'm afraid :(

I do know Paul Iseard Steve :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, the weather is still rotten here, so I'm going out for lunch, and then to see The Irishman at one of those fancy cinemas with sofas and table service. Thought I'd be best served by my AC :) Hope everyone has a great weekend :thumbsup:

xC2WXFm.jpg

Back