Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Haven't seen that one for a while Ron :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone has a lovely weekend. Think we're just going out for some lunch, and to do a bit of shopping. Taking Miss Lucy out for the day :) :thumbsup:

ayAzdwC.jpg
Thanks Jack! I’ve only the one Senator and it doesn’t see that much pocket time. Lucy is looking fine this morning! Hope you have a great weekend my friend! :)

Sublime Senator, Ron!:):thumbsup:
Thanks Dennis! :) :thumbsup:

I'm headed up to Portland, Oregon tomorrow for some supposedly "Ivory Tower", best in the world oral surgeons and won't be posting, or even taking my laptop, for the next few days so, my remedy is to post this group shot of some of my Lambfoot knives to tide everyone over while I'm gone.

gunDWgO.jpg
Best of luck to you Ed! :) See you soon! :thumbsup:

CelloDan CelloDan - So sorry to hear of KoKo's passing. Of course no other dog can take his place but I bet Toby will bring just as much love and joy into your family that KoKo did.
Thanks Ed, very true. Koko will forever have a very special place on our hearts. He was my daughters childhood pal, gentle loving and so loyal. I had never thought that loosing a pet would be so hard.
Our daughters are young teens now. Right now they are sitting on the couch holding Toby and I hear lots of giggles.
It’s good

I'm headed up to Portland, Oregon tomorrow for some supposedly "Ivory Tower", best in the world oral surgeons and won't be posting, or even taking my laptop, for the next few days so, my remedy is to post this group shot of some of my Lambfoot knives to tide everyone over while I'm gone.

gunDWgO.jpg
Best wishes Ed, hope everything goes well!

gunDWgO.jpg
"Best in the world" sounds good. Hope all goes well.

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Miss Lucy is looking good.:thumbsup:

JohnDF JohnDF - Kind of you to say that. Thank you John. Excellent Nativity depiction.

@mitch4ging - Thank you Dennis. What’s your good looking family member’s name. Your Heartshead makes for an elegant stirrer. Nice image.:thumbsup:

@Modoc ED - You’re in our best thoughts and wishes as your journey continues, Ed.:thumbsup: Looking forward to your soonest return. Sharp Looking Lambfoot collection.

Good Afternoon Guardians.

Have you seen the Muffin...Man! Starts like this.
C11CDC94-D0E1-4CAB-8E5D-73D5A6E505E6.jpeg

And always end like this...
035FC1F3-11C6-4DE8-8838-A27F94D6F3CE_zps83pbhdgs.jpeg

What kills vehicles in the UK more than the actual weather is over here in the winter they grit the roads with rock salt. :rolleyes:

On the plus side, though, salt on the roads in winter can give your vehicle that great two-tone look you never knew it was missing... :rolleyes: :D

zxfF8tP.jpg

It's been a while since I posted in this thread, and I hate to drop in just to make a silly joke, so here's some lambsfoot content to go with it. :D Jack Black Jack Black gifted me this excellent bottle opener a while back (it's probably been a couple years now). I finally got around to mounting it somewhere (basement wall, near the beer fridge... obviously ;)), so I thought I'd show it off here with my Hartshead Barlow. Thanks again, Jack! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jnrihlt.jpg

Miss Lucy is looking Lovely. :):thumbsup:

Thank you John :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians.
Youngest is in LA for his final audition this weekend... fingers crossed.
Oldest is home from college for a few weeks...time to get this young man to pass his driving test!!! :eek:
My wife is hosting a baby shower for our nephew's wife, almost time to vacate the house before all the women show up.

You never know where the TARDIS will show up...

Good luck to the boys John, and I hope you managed to make a swift exit :D Cool pic :D :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack!
A little rum or Apfelkorn on a brisk morning hike warms you up nicely!;):thumbsup:

Awsome photo, Dan!:):thumbsup:
Our Cocker Spaniel was a week old when we got him, his mom had parvo and we were just trying to help them out by bottle feeding him.....he wound up staying! Only survivor out of 5 pups.
View attachment 1248897
Us drinking a beer and watching football :D
View attachment 1248898

Sublime Senator, Ron!:):thumbsup:

Thank you, my friend!:thumbsup:

A Fantastic Foto Harvey!!:eek::thumbsup:

They look great, Charlie! Being from the SW, I've never had chestnuts roasted on an open fire... It's now on my bucket list!:cool::thumbsup:

Lovely Lucy on the Loose!:eek::D
Just watch your credit card!:thumbsup:
A grand view, Jack!:thumbsup:

:eek:
My youngest was 18 before he finally got his...o_O

Run....run now, John!!:D

Very cool setting!!;):thumbsup:

Good morning all!
View attachment 1248926

Definitely Dennis ;) Thanks for the kind words my friend, great to see your Hartshead Barlow, and you of course :) :thumbsup:

gunDWgO.jpg

Hope everything goes well Ed, fine collection of Lambsfoot knives there :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! I’ve only the one Senator and it doesn’t see that much pocket time. Lucy is looking fine this morning! Hope you have a great weekend my friend! :)

Thanks Dennis! :) :thumbsup:

Best of luck to you Ed! :) See you soon! :thumbsup:

I have a couple Ron, but rarely carry either myself. There's something about it which doesn't quite click with me. Just the name alone, taken from a Penknife pattern, speaks to the lack of research which went into it. Sure, it has fancy jigging, but it has no historical provenance. I'm sure some must like it though :thumbsup: Thank you for the kind words pal, hope you're having a good one yourself :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Miss Lucy is looking good.:thumbsup:

JohnDF JohnDF - Kind of you to say that. Thank you John. Excellent Nativity depiction.

@mitch4ging - Thank you Dennis. What’s your good looking family member’s name. Your Heartshead makes for an elegant stirrer. Nice image.:thumbsup:

@Modoc ED - You’re in our best thoughts and wishes as your journey continues, Ed.:thumbsup: Looking forward to your soonest return. Sharp Looking Lambfoot collection.

Good Afternoon Guardians.

Have you seen the Muffin...Man! Starts like this.
View attachment 1249174

And always end like this...
035FC1F3-11C6-4DE8-8838-A27F94D6F3CE_zps83pbhdgs.jpeg

Thank you Harvey, fantastic pics my friend :) :thumbsup:

On the plus side, though, salt on the roads in winter can give your vehicle that great two-tone look you never knew it was missing... :rolleyes: :D

zxfF8tP.jpg

It's been a while since I posted in this thread, and I hate to drop in just to make a silly joke, so here's some lambsfoot content to go with it. :D Jack Black Jack Black gifted me this excellent bottle opener a while back (it's probably been a couple years now). I finally got around to mounting it somewhere (basement wall, near the beer fridge... obviously ;)), so I thought I'd show it off here with my Hartshead Barlow. Thanks again, Jack! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jnrihlt.jpg

Great to see you here Barrett, that's a cool pic of your Barlow :D Cheers my friend ;) :) :thumbsup:

While I'm here, are there any new Guardians who need/want to be added to The Map? Just let me know!

Thank you for maintaining the Guardians map Barrett :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, I hope everyone is having a great weekend. The weather was rotten here yesterday, but I had a nice Full English, and pasta and red wine later :) It's a little brighter today, and there are plans for a street-party, so I might wander down to that later (need to go buy beer first) ;) :thumbsup:

Today, almost everyone calls these 'crumpets', but up until the 1980's, 50% of the country, including most of the North, called them 'pikelets', which is what they're still called round at Grumble Towers ;) Have a great Sunday folks :thumbsup:

XbHrcjc.jpg

Jake is wearing in nicely. It is ,most definitely, my most carried pocket knife at the moment.
49188570243_9abc798846_h.jpg
5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. Your Black Jack and Union Jack are smashing.
View attachment 1246691
I’m carrying my Rosewood Hartshead Barlow SFO this morning. I hope y’all have a good day! :)

48606230522_8e4e2da3dd_o_d.jpg
Thought I'd make this new day a SFO Barlow day.

MiVcNlc.jpg
Good old Jake by a mountain lake!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for the kind remarks on my knives, Harvey. :)
FBC, Harvey, Ron, and ED, your rosewood HHB SFOs are handsome Barlows!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

And ED, your stag HHB is also looking superb, as are those of Jack, Mark, and David, shown below! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
David, thanks for the follow-up post that explained that it's a mine in your photo; I didn't recognize the device! :rolleyes:
Jack, those are a couple of fine British machines in your pic! :cool::thumbsup:
Mark, your ironwood looks great paired with the stag HHB! :thumbsup::cool:
It's a word I first came across in the 1970's Gary :) Thank you my friend, the sharpener Al sent me is very handy. I thought my Hartshead Barlow needed a touch up yesterday. Normally, I have a small pocket strop I reach for, but instead I picked up the sharpener, and gave the blade a few strokes on the fine ceramic rod, and then on the integral strop. Didn't even have to leave my chair! :D :thumbsup: Nice to see both your Black Jack and Union Jack, they are both looking well-loved :) :thumbsup:
wR62FMr.jpg

Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:
SFO's
zGv3HKA.jpg
No knife for me today as I've chosen to go into work (to escape the UK general election :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:). But I'll post something anyways.
VplwZRA.jpg

Hope everyone has a great Thursday.

This Waynorth in Ebony has kept me company today.

Lisr3cs.jpg
@Pàdruig You beat me by a couple of minutes Dylan! :D :thumbsup: This Ebony beauty has been with me today! :)

48379262366_16da809f7f_o_d.jpg
Dylan & Ron, those ebony WCLF will open a guy's eyes in the morning, and they're a lot classier than black coffee! ;):thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

... Thought I'd slip my Charlie Lamb into my pocket. Have a good day Guardians :) :thumbsup:
U2lRQjA.jpg
Striking jigged bone WCLF, Jack!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Starting off my day with my ox horn lamb , some upbeat music and a lot of coffee. Have a terrific Tuesday Guardians
49199909406_f71bb4f693_h.jpg
I'm going to kick-start the new day with this "L-il Un" with shaped handle and horn covers.

TmlQHX8.jpg
Here's Big'un posing with a Savage 1921.

View attachment 1247472 View attachment 1247473
Heavenly horn you're handling, FBC and ED and Dennis! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
ED and Dennis, I hope the horn has some healing help for you gents! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Going with a tried and true favorite today.

tWrPuM5.jpg
And a lovely Thursday to my fellow Guardians!
9rffl1F.jpg
Dylan and Vince, your AC photos give me more evidence for my conjecture that the ACs may be the best-looking of the Jack Black SFOs! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Morning folks! Popping in quickly before a very busy day to say that I haven’t run off with Linus and disappeared. Just been a bit busier than I’d hoped to be while he’s here.

He continues to be the perfect guest and hasn’t been shy about pitching in and helping. I have some photos from last weekend that I hope to get up int the next couple of days. And I hope for a final adventure this weekend before it’s time for him to continue his journey.
Thanks for taking the time to check in with a brief update on you and Linus, Greg! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Another rainy here today, and pretty gloomy and miserable. Yesterday, I was struck by the beauty of the mid-Winter moon in the middle of the afternoon :) :thumbsup:

sD4M0w2.jpg
That's an amazing photo, Jack! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: Any moon pics I take end up with the moon about 2mm in diameter. And the luminosity of that daytime moon is unusual, in my experience!

- GT

Thanks GT. I know what you saying; I find some of these special events to be pretty tiring and at the end of day don't actually sell much that's of much interest to me. I hope you find some candy to keep your Union Jack company. :thumbsup:
:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hello Guardians :)
I love the variety of topics in this thread :thumbsup:
From getting hooked onto slingshots to researching about the Lincoln cathedral, to finding out/googling what exactly is going on between Lancashire and Yorkshire :D ,to images from Texas and New Zealand, to awesome pictures of yummy desserts :) etc etc :thumbsup: ... and all of this in a lambsfoot sort of context :D

I finally got a pic of a blue jay and my lambsfoot. They are shy creatures. I could not get in his face as I do with the chickadees and this is the best my iphone 6 digital zoom could do
0P3J4ra.jpg

Dan, I agree with you about the variety of educational experiences this thread provides! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I disagree with you on the personality of blue jays! ;) I think they're loud-mouthed obnoxious bullies! :(:thumbsdown: I'm surprised yours didn't give you a "piece of its mind" while eating the treats you provided!

Thanks, GT. :thumbsup: That wood background was a fancy door in the hospital I found while roaming around waiting for my wife while she had some tests done. Everything came out fine.:)
Good news about your wife, Mark. :thumbsup::thumbsup::) Thanks for the wood info. :)

I hope everyone is having a good day :) I'll be off to the market early in the morning, and the forecast is for low temperatures, wind, and heavy rain, so I might add something extra to my coffee to keep out the chill ;) :thumbsup:
Does that actually work??? ;)

Figured I would pull out this beauty to accompany me with an evening winter smoke. Mostly just overcast right now and a pipe tends to be a bit less lengthy of a commitment compared to a cigar. (Next year's project: building a cover for my back deck...)

CCg6QQQ.jpg
Beauteous red bone lambsfoot, Dylan, and fascinating reflection in your drinking vessel! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Good morning, Guardians!
View attachment 1246301
Hello Guardians! As has been happening more often during the last week or so I’m running late today. I’ve had my Ironwood Damascus SFO for my Lambsfoot carry today. As has been the case with all of Jacks SFO’s Jack Black Jack Black this one is a joy to have. Just a beautiful knife! :) :thumbsup:

47643050672_c221c55457_o_d.jpg
Agreed with the Ironwood.

Russell

View attachment 1247584
Impressive ironwood, Vince and Ron and Russell! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Russell, I love the "face" in the grain of your knife! :D:cool:

Good Morning Guardians
I swear this IS a Christmas ornament. :D

Good Morning Guardians.
Another Christmas ornament.
Not sure why my Wife calls me a Such a Nerd? o_O

Exquisite ebony WCLF, John! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
But from what alternate universe do you come in which those other items are considered Christmas ornaments?? :D:p

Hey Guardians, meet Toby :)
We brought him home last night :) and he is settling wonderfully with us :thumbsup:

A few weeks ago we lost Koko :( ( last picture ) . He was only seven. He went everywhere with us ... sailing, xc skiing, walking, bicycling ( he is in a winter video I posted a little while ago). He got sick suddenly and the vet could not save him ... we miss him so very much and grieved his loss intensely.

Toby
hJcv51b.jpg

Condolences on losing Koko, Dan. I hope Toby can help ease the pain.
(I also hope he doesn't earn the name Toby the Troublemaker! He looks FAR more innocent than a puppy should. :eek::p;)

Hi Guardians, it's 8.00pm here, and I've had a long and very busy day. Mid afternoon I picked up a thoughtful package from Mike @Crazy Canuck :) Mike sent me some shaving cream he was telling me about recently, which I will be trying out tomorrow, together with one of the Astra razor blades he included. Many thanks Mike, really kind of you my friend :) :thumbsup:
Congrats on the package, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I hope it enhances your grooming experience. ;) Well-done, Mike! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Here's another one I took of the '18 yesterday.
49205424358_b157b33dd8_h.jpg
Another of Jack's fine SFOs for me this evening. It accompanies me in the quiet, yet chilly aftermath of a recent storm that rolled through.

CyuN8Ci.jpg
Enchanting ebony 2018 Guardians lambsfoot SFOs, FBC & Dylan! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've been carrying my Black Jack for the past week:
BJ.kitchensill.jpg

And here's a seasonal pic of my Union Jack with a ceramic Christmas tree:
UJ.ceramictree.jpg

- GT

Last edited:
Good old Jake by a mountain lake!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for the kind remarks on my knives, Harvey. :)
FBC, Harvey, Ron, and ED, your rosewood HHB SFOs are handsome Barlows!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

And ED, your stag HHB is also looking superb, as are those of Jack, Mark, and David, shown below! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
David, thanks for the follow-up post that explained that it's a mine in your photo; I didn't recognize the device! :rolleyes:
Jack, those are a couple of fine British machines in your pic! :cool::thumbsup:
Mark, your ironwood looks great paired with the stag HHB! :thumbsup::cool:

Dylan & Ron, those ebony WCLF will open a guy's eyes in the morning, and they're a lot classier than black coffee! ;):thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Striking jigged bone WCLF, Jack!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Heavenly horn you're handling, FBC and ED and Dennis! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
ED and Dennis, I hope the horn has some healing help for you gents! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dylan and Vince, your AC photos give me more evidence for my conjecture that the ACs may be the best-looking of the Jack Black SFOs! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for taking the time to check in with a brief update on you and Linus, Greg! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's an amazing photo, Jack! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: Any moon pics I take end up with the moon about 2mm in diameter. And the luminosity of that daytime moon is unusual, in my experience!

- GT

:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dan, I agree with you about the variety of educational experiences this thread provides! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I disagree with you on the personality of blue jays! ;) I think they're loud-mouthed obnoxious bullies! :(:thumbsdown: I'm surprised yours didn't give you a "piece of its mind" while eating the treats you provided!

Good news about your wife, Mark. :thumbsup::thumbsup::) Thanks for the wood info. :)

Does that actually work??? ;)

Beauteous red bone lambsfoot, Dylan, and fascinating reflection in your drinking vessel! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Impressive ironwood, Vince and Ron and Russell! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Russell, I love the "face" in the grain of your knife! :D:cool:

Exquisite ebony WCLF, John! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
But from what alternate universe do you come in which those other items are considered Christmas ornaments?? :D:p

(I also hope he doesn't earn the name Toby the Troublemaker! He looks FAR to innocent than a puppy should. :eek::p;)

Congrats on the package, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I hope it enhances your grooming experience. ;) Well-done, Mike! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Enchanting ebony 2018 Guardians lambsfoot SFOs, FBC & Dylan! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've been carrying my Black Jack for the past week:
View attachment 1249427

And here's a seasonal pic of my Union Jack with a ceramic Christmas tree:
View attachment 1249428

- GT

Thank you for all your kind words and compliments Gary :) In terms of imbibing alcohol on the hill, a small nip added to your coffee probably makes little difference either way, but consuming larger amounts not only makes you more susceptible to hypothermia, it makes the symptoms harder to spot, and of course, if you've been drinking you're more likely to have an accident. Better to wait until you're back in the pub :thumbsup: Sat round the fire roasting sausages at a mid-Winter street party, a shot of rum may not actually increase my body temperature (actually quite the reverse), but it sure tastes good ;) :D :thumbsup:

Your Black Jack is looking lovely, and that's a nice seasonal pic of your Union Jack my friend :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I disagree with you on the personality of blue jays! ;) I think they're loud-mouthed obnoxious bullies! :(:thumbsdown: I'm surprised yours didn't give you a "piece of its mind" while eating the treats you provided!

Don't forget GT, these are Canadian Blue Jays and very polite :D

(I also hope he doesn't earn the name Toby the Troublemaker! He looks FAR to innocent than a puppy should. :eek::p;)

TY GT for the kind words about our Koko, much appreciated.
(I think that "Toby the troublemaker" name is going to fit him well :) )

Back