Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

1. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    The jigging is wonderful. :cool::thumbsup:

That doesn't look good. Hope it drops quickly.

I've never tried it, but it looks delicious. :cool::thumbsup:

I've yet to try that too, but it's on the list.
    Looks like the etch on your Hartshead is very durable. :cool::thumbsup:

2. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians
    I'm all prepped for work and just enjoying my black coffee with a touch of black Lambsfoot. ;)
    [​IMG]

Pàdruig, Reaper AL, donn and 17 others like this.
  3. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    It's very rare I have Beans on Toast at home John, but I always enjoy it as a snack :) Yeah, don't think that etch is going anywhere :) :thumbsup:

Cool pic my friend, hope work goes OK :)

With my business meeting cancelled, I'm just catching up with a few chores at home, and sneaking in a little slingshot practice ;) Tried another of those Uniphoxx clamps, but really can't say I'm impressed, second shot with really light ammo and bands o_O

[​IMG]

Edit - Nobody to blame, but me, for that, I'd fitted the clamps wrong o_O

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  4. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Jon, I appreciate that :) :thumbsup:

JaxBaron likes this.
  5. Wild Willie

Wild Willie Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2018
    @Jack Black a way around your clip problem might be to retrofit your fork ends with Spanish attachments. I just use a piece of gutted Paracord and a couple of pieces of bike inner tube then use some dental floss to tie the bands on 1581429806499724318873.jpg Hopefully the picture is clear enough. 1581430040733661579618.jpg
    Home today babysitting, having a cup of coffee after re bedding the chickens with the lambsfoot

Reaper AL, donn, mitch4ging and 15 others like this.
  6. natchezz

natchezz Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Good morning Guardians!

My newish ebony is on the rack today for a re-profile. I tried to "tickle" the edge with my Sharpmaker, but it only shined the shoulder of the bevel using the 40 deg (inclusive) side. So, I'm setting the lambfoot's bevel to 20 deg per side.

[​IMG]

Reaper AL, donn, mitch4ging and 14 others like this.
  7. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks a lot for the info Willie, much appreciated :) Hope you have a good day :thumbsup:

Nice work my friend :) Mine are mostly 20 degrees per side, but I did re-profile my Rosewood Big 'Un to 15 DPS as an experiment. I'm not sure it made a lot of difference TBH, but I'm minded this one is due some pocket time ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

8. natchezz

natchezz Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Thanks, Jack. I like a really sharp blade. It doesn't have to shave, but I like to see and feel it zip open an envelope without any resistance.

Jack Black and Wild Willie like this.
  9. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Glad you're staying dry Jack, but boy are you struggling with the Uniphoxx! Those clamps look interesting, but I find better luck with just tying them on. Your HHB looks tasty with your beans on toast snack. Next you'll be showing off some eggs in a hole ;)

donn and JohnDF like this.
  10. Wild Willie

Wild Willie Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Any time Jack. Have a good one yourself, hopefully you aren't being too badly inconvenienced by the storm.

Jack Black likes this.
  11. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Absolutely my friend, nothing worse than a dragging blade o_O :thumbsup:

Thanks Mike, generally I've found it a very good slingshot, but I think you are right about just tying on the bands. I ordered another set of clamps before the others broke, so I might give them another try :rolleyes: I'm enjoying the Scout LT you sent me, and I've just been shooting into my catch-box with this one :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Thanks Willie :) I have to say it hasn't been too bad ;) I'm lucky to have a warm home, a roof in good repair, and plenty of stores in - and some in-house entertainment of course! :D :thumbsup:

12. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Jack, I'm sorry to say this, but your photo looks like it could have been taken here in Tennessee! Some of the people that live close to some of the streams and tributaries that feed into the Tennessee River system are having a rough time. :(

Good to see your Rosewood Bigun Jack! :thumbsup: :)

I'm also carrying my Rosewood Bigun today. :thumbsup: I've not sharpened it in a while. But I used 20deg per side the last time and it's due for a touch up now. Y'all have a good day. :)

[​IMG]

Pàdruig, Reaper AL, donn and 17 others like this.
  13. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I'm very sorry to hear that Ron :( You have many more big rivers than we do here, and I know that they can present a real danger to life when in flood. Hope everyone is going to be OK my friend :thumbsup:

Thanks Ron, nice to see your Rosewood Big 'Un too :) I often carry mine when I'm out hiking, but I've not been afraid to put my Hartshead Barlow to use, and it's done everything I've asked of it so far :) A shame we never got a Guardians Big 'Un :( :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

14. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Jack! I have noticed that you’ve not been shy about using your Hartshead Stag! ;) They are most certainly sturdy as well as beautiful knives. I haven’t been able to bring myself to use mine much with the exception of mail duty and such. However, I have never been shy about using my Rosewood Big ‘Un. It’s a real work horse! I would really liked to have been able to get a Guardians Big ‘Un. Maybe Ebony with fluted or lined bolsters. I feel it would have made the series complete. I do fully understand and support the reasons why it’s not going to happen. If I never acquire another, I feel really blessed to have the Lambsfoot collection that I have. Thanks to you Jack and also to Charlie! :thumbsup: :)

15. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, Jack. :)
    Work is going great, students are learning, and I haven't pulled all my hair out. ;)

Sounds way more fun than meetings. :cool::thumbsup:

16. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @Jack Black - Sounds like you’re well covered in every department, while the rain falls.

Good Afternoon Guardians.
    8F69FF11-78EC-4F41-B626-5EA574858F97.jpeg

17. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I have kind of taken to it Ron! :D Yes, it's a real shame they let us down :( Thanks for the kind words my friend :thumbsup:

That's good to hear John :D Yeah, it was! :D :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Harvey, it stopped raining for a couple of hours this morning, but it's just started again. The wind is still blowing a bit too o_O That's another great pic buddy :cool: :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, kind of quiet around here at the moment, I wonder where all the other Guardians are? Hope they're doing OK :thumbsup: Have a good day everyone :) :thumbsup:

I picked up this old oil-can at the weekend, thought I'd get some use out of it :)

[​IMG]

18. bRCwZJ

bRCwZJ Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Ordered a Taylors Eye Witness Knives Lambfoot model 16 from the UK. Will post a pic when it arrives. Dimensions:

Measures 9 cm (3.5 inches) closed, flat grind, 2 mm thick, stainless, 7 cm (2.75 inch) lambfoot blade.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    cigarrodog, mitch4ging and Jack Black like this.
  19. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Will look forward to seeing it :) :thumbsup:

cigarrodog and bRCwZJ like this.
  20. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

Pàdruig, donn, cigarrodog and 12 others like this.