Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

View attachment 1281628 The Extraordinary Linus the Lambfoot and I were hanging out this afternoon when the mail carrier dropped this little feller off. Linus was excited to see someone from his hometown! View attachment 1281626 Both sides look good. Very hard to see, but the words Sheffield and England appear on the pile side tang.View attachment 1281627 Joseph Rodgers, * and + are on the mark side tang. And of course "THE LAMBFOOT KNIFE" is proudly stamped on the blade. What's that Linus? No, no - he might be "The Lambfoot", but he's definitely not the only Lambfoot!View attachment 1281629
The jigging is wonderful. :cool::thumbsup:

Cafe-Knaresborough-Rivrside.jpg
That doesn't look good. Hope it drops quickly.

I've never tried it, but it looks delicious. :cool::thumbsup:

I've yet to try that too, but it's on the list.
Looks like the etch on your Hartshead is very durable. :cool::thumbsup:

I've never tried it, but it looks delicious. :cool::thumbsup:

I've yet to try that too, but it's on the list.
Looks like the etch on your Hartshead is very durable. :cool::thumbsup:

It's very rare I have Beans on Toast at home John, but I always enjoy it as a snack :) Yeah, don't think that etch is going anywhere :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
I'm all prepped for work and just enjoying my black coffee with a touch of black Lambsfoot. ;)

Cool pic my friend, hope work goes OK :)

With my business meeting cancelled, I'm just catching up with a few chores at home, and sneaking in a little slingshot practice ;) Tried another of those Uniphoxx clamps, but really can't say I'm impressed, second shot with really light ammo and bands o_O

pvwYaX2.jpg

Edit - Nobody to blame, but me, for that, I'd fitted the clamps wrong o_O

Last edited:
Jack Black Jack Black a way around your clip problem might be to retrofit your fork ends with Spanish attachments. I just use a piece of gutted Paracord and a couple of pieces of bike inner tube then use some dental floss to tie the bands on1581429806499724318873.jpgHopefully the picture is clear enough. 1581430040733661579618.jpg
Home today babysitting, having a cup of coffee after re bedding the chickens with the lambsfoot

Good morning Guardians!

My newish ebony is on the rack today for a re-profile. I tried to "tickle" the edge with my Sharpmaker, but it only shined the shoulder of the bevel using the 40 deg (inclusive) side. So, I'm setting the lambfoot's bevel to 20 deg per side.

IMG-1680.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black a way around your clip problem might be to retrofit your fork ends with Spanish attachments. I just use a piece of gutted Paracord and a couple of pieces of bike inner tube then use some dental floss to tie the bands onView attachment 1281860Hopefully the picture is clear enough. View attachment 1281863
Home today babysitting, having a cup of coffee after re bedding the chickens with the lambsfoot

Thanks a lot for the info Willie, much appreciated :) Hope you have a good day :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians!

My newish ebony is on the rack today for a re-profile. I tried to "tickle" the edge with my Sharpmaker, but it only shined the shoulder of the bevel using the 40 deg (inclusive) side. So, I'm setting the lambfoot's bevel to 20 deg per side.

IMG-1680.jpg

Nice work my friend :) Mine are mostly 20 degrees per side, but I did re-profile my Rosewood Big 'Un to 15 DPS as an experiment. I'm not sure it made a lot of difference TBH, but I'm minded this one is due some pocket time ;) :thumbsup:

a5rYUB9.jpg

Nice work my friend :) Mine are mostly 20 degrees per side, but I did re-profile my Rosewood Big 'Un to 15 DPS as an experiment. I'm not sure it made a lot of difference TBH, but I'm minded this one is due some pocket time ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. I like a really sharp blade. It doesn't have to shave, but I like to see and feel it zip open an envelope without any resistance.

Glad you're staying dry Jack, but boy are you struggling with the Uniphoxx! Those clamps look interesting, but I find better luck with just tying them on. Your HHB looks tasty with your beans on toast snack. Next you'll be showing off some eggs in a hole ;)

Thanks, Jack. I like a really sharp blade. It doesn't have to shave, but I like to see and feel it zip open an envelope without any resistance.

Absolutely my friend, nothing worse than a dragging blade o_O :thumbsup:

Glad you're staying dry Jack, but boy are you struggling with the Uniphoxx! Those clamps look interesting, but I find better luck with just tying them on. Your HHB looks tasty with your beans on toast snack. Next you'll be showing off some eggs in a hole ;)

Thanks Mike, generally I've found it a very good slingshot, but I think you are right about just tying on the bands. I ordered another set of clamps before the others broke, so I might give them another try :rolleyes: I'm enjoying the Scout LT you sent me, and I've just been shooting into my catch-box with this one :) :thumbsup:

fBBMgHV.jpg

Any time Jack. Have a good one yourself, hopefully you aren't being too badly inconvenienced by the storm.

Thanks Willie :) I have to say it hasn't been too bad ;) I'm lucky to have a warm home, a roof in good repair, and plenty of stores in - and some in-house entertainment of course! :D :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope your week is going OK :) :thumbsup:

I took the photo (posted yesterday) by the River Nidd on Saturday...

IlZZGDL.jpg

Here it is the following day :eek:

River-Nidd-near-Bilton.jpg

Cafe-Knaresborough-Rivrside.jpg
Jack, I'm sorry to say this, but your photo looks like it could have been taken here in Tennessee! Some of the people that live close to some of the streams and tributaries that feed into the Tennessee River system are having a rough time. :(

a5rYUB9.jpg
Good to see your Rosewood Bigun Jack! :thumbsup: :)

I'm also carrying my Rosewood Bigun today. :thumbsup: I've not sharpened it in a while. But I used 20deg per side the last time and it's due for a touch up now. Y'all have a good day. :)

48753962632_6869062153_o.jpg

Jack, I'm sorry to say this, but your photo looks like it could have been taken here in Tennessee! Some of the people that live close to some of the streams and tributaries that feed into the Tennessee River system are having a rough time. :(

Good to see your Rosewood Bigun Jack! :thumbsup: :)

I'm also carrying my Rosewood Bigun today. :thumbsup: I've not sharpened it in a while. But I used 20deg per side the last time and it's due for a touch up now. Y'all have a good day. :)

48753962632_6869062153_o.jpg

I'm very sorry to hear that Ron :( You have many more big rivers than we do here, and I know that they can present a real danger to life when in flood. Hope everyone is going to be OK my friend :thumbsup:

Thanks Ron, nice to see your Rosewood Big 'Un too :) I often carry mine when I'm out hiking, but I've not been afraid to put my Hartshead Barlow to use, and it's done everything I've asked of it so far :) A shame we never got a Guardians Big 'Un :( :thumbsup:

5oRncrL.jpg

I'm very sorry to hear that Ron :( You have many more big rivers than we do here, and I know that they can present a real danger to life when in flood. Hope everyone is going to be OK my friend :thumbsup:

Thanks Ron, nice to see your Rosewood Big 'Un too :) I often carry mine when I'm out hiking, but I've not been afraid to put my Hartshead Barlow to use, and it's done everything I've asked of it so far :) A shame we never got a Guardians Big 'Un :( :thumbsup:

5oRncrL.jpg
Thanks Jack! I have noticed that you’ve not been shy about using your Hartshead Stag! ;) They are most certainly sturdy as well as beautiful knives. I haven’t been able to bring myself to use mine much with the exception of mail duty and such. However, I have never been shy about using my Rosewood Big ‘Un. It’s a real work horse! I would really liked to have been able to get a Guardians Big ‘Un. Maybe Ebony with fluted or lined bolsters. I feel it would have made the series complete. I do fully understand and support the reasons why it’s not going to happen. If I never acquire another, I feel really blessed to have the Lambsfoot collection that I have. Thanks to you Jack and also to Charlie! :thumbsup: :)

Cool pic my friend, hope work goes OK :)
Thank you, Jack. :)
Work is going great, students are learning, and I haven't pulled all my hair out. ;)

With my business meeting cancelled, I'm just catching up with a few chores at home, and sneaking in a little slingshot practice ;)
Sounds way more fun than meetings. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! I have noticed that you’ve not been shy about using your Hartshead Stag! ;) They are most certainly sturdy as well as beautiful knives. I haven’t been able to bring myself to use mine much with the exception of mail duty and such. However, I have never been shy about using my Rosewood Big ‘Un. It’s a real work horse! I would really liked to have been able to get a Guardians Big ‘Un. Maybe Ebony with fluted or lined bolsters. I feel it would have made the series complete. I do fully understand and support the reasons why it’s not going to happen. If I never acquire another, I feel really blessed to have the Lambsfoot collection that I have. Thanks to you Jack and also to Charlie! :thumbsup: :)

I have kind of taken to it Ron! :D Yes, it's a real shame they let us down :( Thanks for the kind words my friend :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. :)
Work is going great, students are learning, and I haven't pulled all my hair out. ;)

Sounds way more fun than meetings. :cool::thumbsup:

That's good to hear John :D Yeah, it was! :D :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Sounds like you’re well covered in every department, while the rain falls.

Good Afternoon Guardians.
View attachment 1282075

Thanks Harvey, it stopped raining for a couple of hours this morning, but it's just started again. The wind is still blowing a bit too o_O That's another great pic buddy :cool: :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, kind of quiet around here at the moment, I wonder where all the other Guardians are? Hope they're doing OK :thumbsup: Have a good day everyone :) :thumbsup:

I picked up this old oil-can at the weekend, thought I'd get some use out of it :)

MxkjUtv.jpg

Ordered a Taylors Eye Witness Knives Lambfoot model 16 from the UK. Will post a pic when it arrives. Dimensions:

Measures 9 cm (3.5 inches) closed, flat grind, 2 mm thick, stainless, 7 cm (2.75 inch) lambfoot blade.

Last edited:
Ordered a Taylors Eye Witness Knives Lambfoot model 16 from the UK. Will post a pic when it arrives. Dimmensions:

Measures 9 cm (3.5 inches) closed, flat grind, 2 mm thick, stainless, 7 cm (2.75 inch) lambfoot blade.

Will look forward to seeing it :) :thumbsup:

Back