Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

MxkjUtv.jpg
Nice pick up, Jack. That's a nice old oil can. :cool::thumbsup:

Haven't contributed much lately due to some health issues but I'm feeling better and decided to update everyone on the MM Lambfoot Barlow I purchased last year. Well, as I reported, the knife really was pretty but the quality of the fitment was not acceptable. The blade grind was awful and there was a gap in the back spring/liner area of around 10 thousandths of an inch (doesn't sound like much but believe me when I say it looked bad). Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that there was a brass burr on the liner (Backspring area) that cut my finger). The blade was not well centered either but I managed to improve it myself but it's still not centered. I complained to MM and he indicated that he would refund me or repair the knife. He indicated that he had hired an apprentice and that was the explanation of the poor quality. He accepted full responsibility for the bad work. I agreed to send it back. Michael never picked the knife up at the post office in Sheffield and eventually it was returned to me. Michael agreed to refund my money and it appears that I get to keep the knife too. Ultimately MM did the right (Wright? :rolleyes:) thing. However, my experience was not exactly pleasurable. Here are some photos. The Rams horn scales are nice. You'll get the idea.
IMG_2184.JPG IMG_2169.JPG IMG_2178.JPG IMG_2170.JPG

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

Nice pick up, Jack. That's a nice old oil can. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks John, I usually use a needle-oiler, but as we all know, it's sometimes necessary to FLOOD the joint! :rolleyes: ;) :D :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians

Great-looking Charlie Lamb my friend, nice mug too :) :thumbsup:

I wonder how ED @Modoc ED is recovering? Hope he's able to check in soon.

I hope he is doing OK, that didn't sound like a very pleasant operation. I'm sure he knows he's all in our thoughts though :) :thumbsup:

Hope all you Guardians have a great day! :) :thumbsup:

40662197023_af098050ea_o_d.jpg

You too Ron, that's a smasher :) :thumbsup:

Haven't contributed much lately due to some health issues but I'm feeling better and decided to update everyone on the MM Lambfoot Barlow I purchased last year. Well, as I reported, the knife really was pretty but the quality of the fitment was not acceptable. The blade grind was awful and there was a gap in the back spring/liner area of around 10 thousandths of an inch (doesn't sound like much but believe me when I say it looked bad). Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that there was a brass burr on the liner (Backspring area) that cut my finger). The blade was not well centered either but I managed to improve it myself but it's still not centered. I complained to MM and he indicated that he would refund me or repair the knife. He indicated that he had hired an apprentice and that was the explanation of the poor quality. He accepted full responsibility for the bad work. I agreed to send it back. Michael never picked the knife up at the post office in Sheffield and eventually it was returned to me. Michael agreed to refund my money and it appears that I get to keep the knife too. Ultimately MM did the right (Wright? :rolleyes:) thing. However, my experience was not exactly pleasurable. Here are some photos. The Rams horn scales are nice. You'll get the idea.
View attachment 1282402 View attachment 1282414 View attachment 1282415 View attachment 1282416

Sorry to hear about the health issues Bill. Thanks for the update on that knife, sounds like a thoroughly unsatisfactory experience - but then I guess it is all the "apprentice"s fault! o_O :thumbsdown:

Had three seasons in a day here today - rain - sun - hail - sun - hail - rain - sun - and strong winds throughout o_O And it's only mid-afternoon :rolleyes: Another storm forecast for the weekend :eek: o_O

First time in a while I've had a blueberry croissant with my morning coffee :)

2ZBiIpI.jpg

I have neglected THE thread and am once again hopelessly behind. I did finally get a photo or two to get rolling and contribute!

Jack Black Jack Black - Sounds like you’re well covered in every department, while the rain falls.

Good Afternoon Guardians.
View attachment 1282075
An incredible, but "knotty " photo, Harvey!:eek::D:thumbsup:

I picked up this old oil-can at the weekend, thought I'd get some use out of it :)

MxkjUtv.jpg
Cool setup for your shot, Jack! I may need to borrow your oil can...my joints are getting pretty creaky!:cool::thumbsup:
Great shot, José!
Odd seeing anything green right now, you must be in a warm area!:cool:
Good Morning Guardians
Nice shot of your WCLF, John!
We have both a Cabelas and a Bass Pro here, and I do prefer BP, especially after BP bought out Cabelas.
Hope all you Guardians have a great day! :) :thumbsup:

40662197023_af098050ea_o_d.jpg
Great contrasting woods for a great shot Ron!:):thumbsup:
View attachment 1282402 View attachment 1282414 View attachment 1282415 View attachment 1282416

Sorry to hear about your not feeling well, and the Lambsfoot. Hope you have a better week!:thumbsup:
Had three seasons in a day here today - rain - sun - hail - sun - hail - rain - sun - and strong winds throughout o_O And it's only mid-afternoon :rolleyes: Another storm forecast for the weekend :eek: o_O

2ZBiIpI.jpg
Our weather has been like that as well, sure doesn't help with your health!:mad:
BUT, a great antidote...Blueberry Scones, coffee and your favorite Lambsfoot!:thumbsup:
Good morning, Guardians!
Mv7nmEk.jpg
Great looking photo, Vince!:):thumbsup:

For the start of my day, so I can "bear" it!:eek::D
p4Nh5bM.jpg

I have neglected THE thread and am once again hopelessly behind. I did finally get a photo or two to get rolling and contribute!

An incredible, but "knotty " photo, Harvey!:eek::D:thumbsup:

Cool setup for your shot, Jack! I may need to borrow your oil can...my joints are getting pretty creaky!:cool::thumbsup:

Great shot, José!
Odd seeing anything green right now, you must be in a warm area!:cool:

Nice shot of your WCLF, John!
We have both a Cabelas and a Bass Pro here, and I do prefer BP, especially after BP bought out Cabelas.

Sorry to hear about your not feeling well, and the Lambsfoot. Hope you have a better week!:thumbsup:

Our weather has been like that as well, sure doesn't help with your health!:mad:
BUT, a great antidote...Blueberry Scones, coffee and your favorite Lambsfoot!:thumbsup:

Great looking photo, Vince!:):thumbsup:

p4Nh5bM.jpg

How you doing Dennis, great to see you here my friend? :) I know what you mean, my arthritis has been worse than ever before this year, we've had so much rain, I'm surprised the country hasn't sunk! :eek: Hope we all get better weather soon...well, apart from our Texan contingent, who seem to be doing just fine at the moment ;) Love the pic :D :thumbsup:

Edit - Hey buddy, we have another storm on the way - Storm Dennis! :eek: ;) :thumbsup:

9yjDfPk.jpg

Very pretty knife. Looks like there is some impressive file work to the back spring.
Thanks Bill! It does have some very nice file work! It just shows what Wright’s was capable of when they had Jack to keep them in line! :eek: :D
47536239232_fa9f8b699b_o_d.jpg

You too Ron, that's a smasher :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! It is definitely a beautiful knife! :thumbsup: :)

2ZBiIpI.jpg
Dang Jack! Your weather is sounding a lot like mine! That looks like a tasty snack! :D

p4Nh5bM.jpg
Thanks for the compliment Dennis! That’s a great photo buddy! :thumbsup: :)

I have a Bass Pro just 5 miles away, and then it's just an hour drive to Reno for Cabela's. I'm the other way around, I prefer Cabela's to Bass Pro. Cabela's labeled gear is always top-notch and reasonably priced.

p4Nh5bM.jpg
Love the mug, really love the bear, and absolutely love the Lambsfoot. :):thumbsup:

IMG_20200212_190529_copy_2565x3767_copy_641x941.jpg Have a few minutes to spare this evening so I thought I would tickle up the edges of a few knives. Thought a nice group shot of the lambs would be nice. Must get over to Sheffield one of these days to see if I can pick up a bone or horn handled one.

That looks tasty David, I've just had some beans on toast, with Henderson's of course ;) :thumbsup:

W8kJtRZ.jpg

Food of the God's! But I put all sorts in mine.:)

I've never tried it, but it looks delicious. :cool::thumbsup:

Oh you should, it's quite sweet. I like my soups coarse with just salt and pepper added. :thumbsup:

How you doing Dennis, great to see you here my friend? :) I know what you mean, my arthritis has been worse than ever before this year,

You to eh? I don't have arthritis as such but boy do my knees suffer in prolonged wet weather. My right knee especially has been talking to me now for about the last 5 months.:mad::mad:
BTW Have you tried cider apple vinegar? I was thinking of giving it a go.

A recycled photo but it about sums up what Jack said about multiple seasons in one day. :rolleyes:
jFimb8m.jpg

Hello Guardians from the Extraordinary Linus the Lambfoot and I on this dark and cold day. As a state of Illinois employee, I have today off for Abe Lincoln's birthday. We want to tell you a little story about where I live or perhaps paint something of a picture of days gone by. Here's Linus with Abe this morning.IMG_1966.JPG

IMG_1923.JPG This may be easier for me to do in multiple posts:
In 1860 a Scottish couple named Peter and Mary Gordon built our house. Mary's family were McDowels and supposedly the Gordon's and McDowels were enemies in Scotland, but what did they do but buy adjoining properties here in Illinois!

IMG_1974.JPG Mary McDowel married a man named Tait before marrying Peter Gordon, presumably Tait died and left Mary widowed. The Tait's had four sons, some born in Scotland, some were born in Illinois. When Mary got together with Mr. Gordon, the four sons helped build the house. Local legend has It that the four Tait brothers and a number of neighboring friends pledged to join the civil war in the entrance of the house.

Last edited:
Back