Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

1. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Ha Ha Ha!!!:D

CelloDan likes this.
  2. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Hope the shopping went OK John ;) :thumbsup:

That'd be considered a reasonable English summer day Vince :D Nice pic my friend :thumbsup:

Cool pic Mike :thumbsup:

Clever Jon :D :cool: By coincidence I just ordered some of those fibre liners earlier :)

Thanks a lot Harvey, your Albert Oates is an absolute peach :cool: :thumbsup:

Could be Barrett! :eek: :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Reaper AL, CelloDan, JaxBaron and 3 others like this.
  3. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Thank you for the kind words. I don’t believe I have ever seen a bad image if it’s about cutlery.:) Please keep sharing yours.:thumbsup:

4. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    @Jack Black - Much thanks Jack. I sure got lucky finding Uncle Albert.:)

Jack Black likes this.
  5. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Thanks, Jack.
    I love the short-sleeves weather. :cool::thumbsup:

Jack Black likes this.
  6. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thank, Jack. :)
    It went about as well as shopping can go. We saw some nice over-priced furniture and didn't spend a penny. ;)

Jack Black likes this.
  7. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Always good looking at your wonderful old Knives my friend.

cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  8. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Beautiful pics David, wide open spaces !
    I did not know what Bridestones where so I searched a bit online and enjoyed reading about these spectacular rock formations :thumbsup:

Yum :thumbsup: Sweet pic Harvey!:) Love the color composition :thumbsup:

I would in a heartbeat Vince :thumbsup:
    Some of the best memories of my life are from Texas where my wife and I moved right after we got married. We lived there for about two years :thumbsup:
    Gracias Jon :D, I think my lamb hates the cold too lol
    We try to cope the best we can by doing some outdoor activities and keep active. Winter is specially hard on our elderly population. I work in health care arranging support services for seniors. So many of them are unable to leave the house for months at time in winter :(
    My in-laws are from Cuba and after living in Canada for many years could not take the winter anymore and moved to Sarasota Florida.
    Humm, I just realized that I am really missing my mother in law :D. Perhaps we should arrange a trip to visit them :D

"Go west young man" :D
    I would too Mike, we could go shooting slingshots together :thumbsup::)

So a mass of warm air moved into our region with a considerable temperature swing from this morning to this afternoon.
    We had been mostly indoors for the past couple days so we decided to check another place, about an hour drive, that offers skating trough the forest and other winter activities. It was packed with people ! Temp was -8 Celsius.

I took my Hartshead Barlow with me :thumbsup:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pàdruig, Reaper AL, Pt-Luso and 15 others like this.
  9. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    :D :thumbsup:

Stunning pics Dan, and it's great to see your Hartshead Barlow there with you :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone had a great weekend :) Thought I'd treat myself to another Double Lambsfoot Day to sweeten up Monday a little ;) Have a good week folks :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
  11. donn

donn Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Cheers. :thumbsup:
    A lovely pic of the Albert Oates. I wish they still made them like that.

Now that's more like the Canada we all know and love :)

I can well imagine driving a truck through endless white must take persistent long term concentration. You'd make a good pilot. Or sniper. :):thumbsup:

But with less rain.

Thanks Dan; it's hardly wilderness but on a weekday in the winter you come across very few people.
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure what the meaning of 'Bride' is but 'Bridestones' appears to be quite a common name for rock formations; certainly in the north of England anyway.
    This was on the same walk and is one of the ancient standing stones on the moors above Todmorden.

[​IMG]
    I'm carrying this one today to remind me to sharpen it, as among all my Lambsfoot this is the one that holds it edge the least.

https://www.megalithic.co.uk/article.php?sid=10342
    [​IMG]

I do like that set up in the woods for skating and such like. Is that a fire you have going behind your HHB?

12. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Nice to see Lucy getting some daylight. Hope you both have a great day. :cool::thumbsup:

I've been on more than a few fencing crews, glad I didn't live there and have to deal with rocks.
    Beautiful scenery, it looks like a marvelous place to wander around. I wonder of they are called "brides" because it looks like they are out waiting for their husbands to return from the pub? :D

13. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians
    It's Monday, time to return to the grind stone.
    [​IMG]

14. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    The HHB helped me out with some tri-tip yesterday.
    [​IMG]
    Have a good week Guardians.

15. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Beautiful David :) I love to get out midweek, sometimes, in winter, you don't see another soul all day :thumbsup:

Thank you John, Lucy has only had limited sunlight today :rolleyes: Lot of branches littering my street today, but no trees down thankfully :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Have a good week my friend :thumbsup:

Looks like you're living well Kevin :) :thumbsup:

I don't really have the space to set up an indoor slingshot range, but I worked out that I could improvise one in my hall. I fitted some really light bands, to fire plastic ammo, and as I had all my work done by mid afternoon, I thought I'd have a practice session. All was going well until the pouch came apart, bit rubbish after around 30 shots o_O :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Went to change the bands, and the new clip set I'd fitted this morning had also broken! :mad: Think I'll be shopping elsewhere in future :thumbsdown:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  16. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Thank you Jack :), I enjoyed bringing along my special Hartshead :thumbsup:
    We had a good time. I was a bit cold and stiff in the beginning but it felt much better once I got warmed up with a bit of exercise :thumbsup: .
    Yes, there were a few fires going on at different spots. We saw some young families even having a "little picnic" around them :eek:
    NOT for us, lol. We would skate for about 15 min then go inside the main building and sit by the fireplace for a while before going out again.
    It was cold !!!

It does look like a big windstorm Jack.
    I looked at the fallen tree in the pic and as a wood turner I am thinking " Humm, what tree is that ? would that wood be good for turning bowls :D

Great that you were able to set up a mini range for slingshot practice :thumbsup:

Couple more pics from yesterday

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    @Campbellclanman - Thank you kindly, Duncan. Hope things are going well for you.

@CelloDan - Much thanks, Dan. Very nice Winter capture images.

@Jack Black Happy DLF day, Jack. Great images.

@donn - Thank you David. Beautiful images of your hiking surroundings.

Good Afternoon Guardians.

TEW Lamb.
    07934047-0419-4287-8CA8-1BB7CC3B8E95.jpeg

18. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    You seem like an appropriate target to me, John! :D
    Thanks for your Cracker Jack compliment. :)
    I bought a 3-pack to use for photos, and the prize in each was just an URL for a website where a game could be played. :( (Not only that, but the 3 boxes contained a total of only about a dozen peanuts! :mad::()

Thanks, Ron. :)

Just call me efficient (or lazy :rolleyes:) for shamelessly re-using photos! ;)

Thanks, Harvey. :)
    I thought your I*XL was English, but maybe it's Danish! :cool::thumbsup:;)

Thanks for the confirmation. :)

I'm impressed that you've got your guest working hard with you, Ben! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for your remarks, Jack. :)

Prestigious pair, José! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

That's incredibly cold IMHO, Dan :eek:; -28C = -18.4F. We'll occasionally have windchills that cold, but VERY rarely does the actual temperature drop to 2 digits below zero (F). But Michigan is a peninsula surrounded by Great Lakes, and our "weather" coming across Lake Michigan (30 miles west of me) tends to moderate temperatures (but intensify snow fall).

Jack, Charlie and you certainly have something to be proud of with those lambsfoot knives you brought into being!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Sensational pic of your ironwood Guardians lambsfoot, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
    (I'm going to ignore your pleasant weather report.)

Interesting theory, Barrett! :thumbsup::D:D
    I wonder if I could get something like that to work with all the money I throw away? :rolleyes:

Those "groomed paths" for skating through the woods seem like a wonderful idea, Dan; your photos of them and your HHB are first-rate! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Really like the color in both photos, Jack, but especially in the HHB pic! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Splendor in the Grass, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Those standing stones are intriguing, David; thanks for the pics and link! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
    I was looking for more info and found something about standing stones from the North York Moors National Park!

:p:thumbsup:

You're like a knife, John; that grindstone will keep you sharp! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Lam Jack for me this week:
    jan18.gl.mark.closed.bht.jpg

- GT

19. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Wonderful grain in the wood. :cool::thumbsup:

Sad days, but I bet kids these days would prefer some on-line content over a plastic whistle or magnifying glass.

Or wear my down... ;)

Beautiful horn on your Lam Jack, GT. :cool::thumbsup:

cigarrodog likes this.
  20. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Sounds fabulous Dan :) Yeah, over the years, a few big trees have come down on my street. Right away, there's neighbours running to them with axes and chainsaws, lot of folks burn wood roundabouts! :D :thumbsup: There's been a lot of flooding in Yorkshire, all the regular spots, and even places that don't usually see it. I'm glad to be on a hill :thumbsup: Superb photos my friend :)

Thanks pal, smashing pic of your TEW, you got a really nice one there :thumbsup:

That's TERRIBLE about the Crackerjack Gary! :mad: Thanks for all your kind words my friend, beautiful pic of Lam Jack :) :thumbsup: