1. Despite 2020 presenting more than its share of challenges, I'm thankful for all of you, and the community you guys have created. Hope that your homes are full of happiness, your fridge well stocked with leftovers, and your homes warm & loving.

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

1. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, Jack. :)

I like a blade that is slighly canted downwards, but that is a little much in my opinion. :(

ooohhhhh... A Shadow Lamb... :D

As they should be!!! ;):thumbsup:

Reaper AL, cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  2. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    JohnDF and Jack Black like this.
  3. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Thank you, fellas!

I've long admired that Ebony, Ron, simply exquisite!

Totin' a bit of Ebony myself today - I'm rather pleased it's Friday.

[​IMG]

4. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Dylan! :) Beautiful Ebony WCLF! :thumbsup: Enjoy your evening and weekend my friend! :)

Pàdruig likes this.
  5. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Morning Guardians, just calling in quickly as I'm about to head out of the door for a hike. Have a great weekend my friends :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

6. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

mitch4ging, JaxBaron, Dschal and 11 others like this.
  7. donn

donn Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Two great photos of those two great knives. I especially like the Sheldon.

Thanks GT. :thumbsup:

Great shot of your HHB there. And an interesting looking watch to.

Nice catch Jose. Looks an interesting old knife in good condition. :thumbsup:

Another nice sunny shot of Cracker Jack there. I'm beginning to think it's never cloudy where you live. :)

Enjoying your snowy exploits Dan. I've got to say though I doubt there's been much Fenland skating this year. The whole of England has had a pretty mild winter.

Thanks for posting that. That looks the perfect place to compose poetry.:)

I'm no where near retirement and I'd love a little house like that right now. :):thumbsup:

Well good afternoon Guardians. It's been a busy week for me but I did manage to get out on a walk on Wednesday.
    [​IMG]

Bridestones. West Yorkshire.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. natchezz

natchezz Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Good morning!

[​IMG]

9. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    what a pretty knife it is.

10. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    what a great tankard...and so much character too

Jack Black likes this.
  11. Wild Willie

Wild Willie Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2018
    1581171049886362021313.jpg
    Back in the plow truck today. Toting the A. Wright...

12. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians
    [​IMG]

13. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Good morning Guardians
    My lamb, all bundled up :) to go outside lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That’s like 1.4 fahrenheit :eek:

btb01, JaxBaron, Pt-Luso and 14 others like this.
  14. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks, Ron. :)

Great grain and rich color on that 2019 Guardians ironwood, Ron!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the excerpts from the old catalog, Jack; I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that cutlers would make skate blades among all the other types of blades they crafted. :cool::cool::thumbsup:
    Thanks for your encouraging words, too! :)

John, this thread doesn't often leave the first page, but I remember you needing to bring it back a while ago, so I said, "I want to be like John." ;)
    I appreciate your supportive Cracker Jack remarks. :)

What a Black Beauty! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the intriguing post pointing out all these connections, Jack. :thumbsup::cool::cool:
    I wonder if I should move my "LambShark" back into my lambsfoot of the week category instead of having it buried among the Miscellaneous masses. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the good word, Harvey. :)
    I really like your synthetic-handled Joseph Rodgers lambsfoot, but I like that photo of the "snow shadow" of your shadow pattern even better!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:;) (I'm assuming those are snow crystals in your shots.)

Welcome back, Dylan; your flaming AC is an eye-catching way to make a "grand return"! ;):cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the interesting update on Linus's visit! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Is Knox College in Galesburg, IL? I had a grad school friend/softball teammate who'd graduated from Knox College.

Really like the patina on that knife! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Exemplary ebony, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I think that's an excellent photo, Jer, that shows off the charms of both your horn and ironwood lambsfoots!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, David. :) I almost never post a current photo of any of my knives. I take photos when the weather is nice, and then it may take me a week to get a shot from camera, to computer, through some cropping and other processing, and into my file of "portable" knife pics. Then I'll use my favorite shots over and over. :rolleyes:

The pics from your walk are top-notch! You can see for miles!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Cracker Jack is with me all week:
    CJ.pile.boxonside.jpg

- GT

Pàdruig, mitch4ging, btb01 and 17 others like this.
  15. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Aim higher... ;)

Thank you, GT. :)

Great picture of a fantastic knife and my favorite childhood treat. :cool::thumbsup:
    I used to hate it when I only got a sticker for a prize. :mad::thumbsdown:

16. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Bill! Hope you’re doing well my friend! :)

Thank you for the compliments Gary! :) Cracker Jack is a beauty from either side my friend! :thumbsup: :D

17. donn

donn Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Sounds like a good plan. I should use more pictures I have on Imgur I've never posted instead of taking a new pic everytime I post. :thumbsup:

18. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @donn - Much thanks, David Such inspiring surroundings for a walk. Wonderful images.

@5K Qs - Thank you GT. It is fresh snow crystals. Smashing Cracker Jack image.

Good Afternoon Guardians.

1-XL
    0F707F08-C17E-4CA2-B224-7EB81AB7312B.jpeg

19. Wild Ben

Wild Ben Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Yes sir, Knox College is indeed in Galesburg; Linus and I may have to pay it a visit in the next couple of days!

cigarrodog likes this.
  20. Wild Ben

Wild Ben Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Like most Lambfoot knives, the Extraordinary Linus works great as a carpenters marking knife, and of course... IMG_1936.JPG opening packages is child's play for him! IMG_1932.JPG Linus has been riding in my back pocket and faithfully handling all such chores for me this week as the perfect companion that he is!

Pàdruig, TFBraden, WHT and 13 others like this.