Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

View attachment 1294374
My chili has beans, but not the canned cheater sort... Soaked them, boiled 'em, and then started making some dinner.

I'm all for beans in chilli Willie :D :thumbsup:

(Runs and hides behind the sofa! :p )

Edit - Just so you know Willie, this subject gets debated in the Guardians thread at least once a year! :D

Last edited:
Sorry Vince, I missed your post :) So they do it with and without? Obviously realise that its a polarising subject my friend :D ;) :thumbsup:
Yes, with and without. I prefer without because I consider beans a filler. No beans = more meat!

tp4CCpM.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black - fine image of your Big 'Ún with the two steaming mugs, Jack.

@Horsewright - Beautiful everything.

ahem...Hotdogs...Not to cast any aspersions on one’s choice, but If you haven’t been to Chicago, and tried a Vienna Chicago style, all beef hotdog, then your hotdog IQ is incomplete. Vienna Beef is King. My advice is to only ask for ketchup with the fries.

One of my favorites is Superdawg. I will make a sacrifice:D and go there soon.
301871A4-B8AD-4A6E-B357-F6E6347AA947.jpeg

766FBC2A-FA17-4FC7-A280-C782BED46AB3_zpsfkvrwbzl.jpeg

As always I'm thankful for your support, and I apologise for scratching open an old wound... I am a latecomer to this community after all.

Certainly not an open wound Willie, and it was me that was doing the scratching ;) I just realised you wouldn't know the history :) You also have to realise that I am totally unqualified to have an opinion :D :thumbsup:

Yes, with and without. I prefer without because I consider beans a filler. No beans = more meat!

tp4CCpM.jpg

I see your logic Vince :) As a tight-fisted Yorkshireman, I had the immediate same thought :D Nice pic there my friend :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - fine image of your Big 'Ún with the two steaming mugs, Jack.

@Horsewright - Beautiful everything.

ahem...Hotdogs...Not to cast any aspersions on one’s choice, but If you haven’t been to Chicago, and tried a Vienna Chicago style, all beef hotdog, then your hotdog IQ is incomplete. Vienna Beef is King. My advice is to only ask for ketchup with the fries.

One of my favorites is Superdawg. I will make a sacrifice:D and go there soon.
View attachment 1294384

766FBC2A-FA17-4FC7-A280-C782BED46AB3_zpsfkvrwbzl.jpeg

Thanks Harvey, love the pics :) :thumbsup:

Well guys and gals, I'm back after my cancer surgery. I was in the hospital in Portland, Oregon for two weeks and at the Swing Bed facility at our local hospital here in our town for a week. I'm still fairly weak but wanted to check in. I'll post in the future when I can.

Here I am two-days post-op displaying my usual effervescent personality. Sone of you may be asking; "What has that boy got tied to his head"? It's an ice pack - my best friend for my stay in the hospital. That thing coming out of my nose is my feeding tube.

ZeZbVUu.jpg

A big decision I had to make when going for surgery was - What knife to take? I decided on this
I decided on this Standard Lambfoot with Buffalo Horn cover that was gifted to me by Jack Black Jack Black . Of course I couldn't carry it on me so, the wife carried it in her purse for me.

q9c3REf.jpg

I didn't check this post out for spelling/grammar as I'm pretty much worn out from putting the post together. Good to be bak - I'll be talking - errrrrrrr, typing to everyone later.

Great to see you back Ed.

View attachment 1294344
A bit of cornbread for the pot of chili for Sunday dinner....
View attachment 1294374
My chili has beans, but not the canned cheater sort... Soaked them, boiled 'em, and then started making some dinner.
Oh yes!
Poor that chili right over the cornbread. Yummy. :cool::thumbsup:

Great picture.
I guess the big question is, did you like it?
My wife wants me to take her to see it, so I hope it was good.;):thumbsup:

Well folks, I've been absent for a while because I sent RALF to get a make-over. My dry skin along with the smooth ebony was causing me some fumbles and near misses cutting myself, so I sent him off to get stippled. I couldn't find anyone to checker the wood, and the stippling is not as positive as checkering or jigging, but it helps.

6vmocLN.jpg

Certainly not an open wound Willie, and it was me that was doing the scratching ;) I just realised you wouldn't know the history :) You also have to realise that I am totally unqualified to have an opinion :D :thumbsup:

I see your logic Vince :) As a tight-fisted Yorkshireman, I had the immediate same thought :D Nice pic there my friend :thumbsup:

I meant all in good spirit... It's a rough debate everywhere... At least in the States. I would guess that debate rages in the UK as well. Which gives you all of the room for an opinion; plus it's your thread after all.

Back