Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

And drink some hot tea.
Nobody has to tell you that most hypothermia happens in temperatures way above freezing.

Yes indeed Jer, I once had to stay in bed for 3 days after succumbing to the early stages of hypothermia in northern France at this exact time of year :eek: Just thinking back, it is 29 years ago :thumbsup:

Taking my HartsHead for a ride today!!;)View attachment 1340303 View attachment 1340304 View attachment 1340305
Still no barber open,:D but I bought a few veggies for soup!!:p
Looking good Charlie! :thumbsup: A good ride in the sunshine and a breath of that fresh Pacific Ocean air would be good for anyone! I couldn’t help but notice that green canister in your rear basket. A reminder of the times and a sign of the future I’m afraid! ;) :rolleyes:

Good Evening Guardians and anyone else looking in.

Off to Klamath Falls, Oregon very, very early tomorrow for one of my doctors to give me a look-see. So here's my post for tomorrow AM.

Qxib0kI.jpg
Ed I wish you a very good visit with your doctor! :thumbsup: :D

Yes indeed Ron, provisions had to go a long way in those days :) I've just had some PB on toasted sourdough ;) Same here Ron, I've been to a small supermarket 3 or 4 times since the lock-down here. Thanks a lot pal :) :thumbsup:

Hello Guardians, I just had time to make my brief previous post to catch the 'Good Morning' slot, but it is afternoon now. I spent yesterday evening sat round the fire-pit with a pal down the road, plenty of heat from the fire, and I was well wrapped-up. I took a folding chair with me, and it was only when I got home that I realised that I had only had two layers of cloth under my backside, and my legs and lower back were very cold. I put the heating on, and went to bed, but woke up at 5.00am shivering, and no amount of extra bedding seemed to warm me up. I had a couple of hours like that, and was feeling pretty rotten, then I broke out into a cold sweat, which I still have. I've been very careful over the past few weeks, so think it is just a chill, but I may not be here as much as usual today. I'm going to go and take a hot bath. Hope everyone is doing OK, and that you have a good day :) :thumbsup:

RpxpGTb.jpg
I most certainly hope you feel better soon Jack! The least bit of anything going on with ones health is super scary in today’s world! Rest up and we’ll see you when you feel like it! :) :thumbsup:

It's a shame, I have a whole bedroom full of packaging! :rolleyes: Cool pic Jer :) :thumbsup:

Yes indeed Ron, provisions had to go a long way in those days :) I've just had some PB on toasted sourdough ;) Same here Ron, I've been to a small supermarket 3 or 4 times since the lock-down here. Thanks a lot pal :) :thumbsup:

Nice photo Ben :) Even r8shell r8shell 's 'Asparagus of Death' pics haven't put me off asparagus! :D :thumbsup:

Outstanding Harvey :cool: :thumbsup:

That's good to hear Jeff, hope the weather is better today :) :thumbsup:

Fantastic photos Charlie :) It's great to see you looking so well, and I love your trike, I wouldn't mind one of those myself :cool: :) :thumbsup:

I'm glad nobody was sitting underneath it! :eek: Spent last night sat round my pal's fire-pit :thumbsup:

Safe journey Ed, and I hope everything is all as it should be :thumbsup:

Hello Guardians, I just had time to make my brief previous post to catch the 'Good Morning' slot, but it is afternoon now. I spent yesterday evening sat round the fire-pit with a pal down the road, plenty of heat from the fire, and I was well wrapped-up. I took a folding chair with me, and it was only when I got home that I realised that I had only had two layers of cloth under my backside, and my legs and lower back were very cold. I put the heating on, and went to bed, but woke up at 5.00am shivering, and no amount of extra bedding seemed to warm me up. I had a couple of hours like that, and was feeling pretty rotten, then I broke out into a cold sweat, which I still have. I've been very careful over the past few weeks, so think it is just a chill, but I may not be here as much as usual today. I'm going to go and take a hot bath. Hope everyone is doing OK, and that you have a good day :) :thumbsup:

RpxpGTb.jpg
Please take care Jack. During these times .... well, it pays to be prudent.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

Hope it is nothing too serious, Jack. Take care.

Looking around in a drawer in the kitchen and found a dried cayenne pepper we had saved for seed stock. This pepper is a descendant of one I picked up off the ground under a plant at Thomas Jefferson’s home, Monticello a few years ago. There is a nice garden there where they grow quite a few different kinds of vegetables. Pretty nice place to tour back when you could do that kind of thing.

Thanks for asking....I'm hangin' in:). After all this is done I won't know whether to join weight watchers or AA. Maybe both! :D. How about you?

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

LOL! I know the feeling Bill :D :thumbsup:

I most certainly hope you feel better soon Jack! The least bit of anything going on with ones health is super scary in today’s world! Rest up and we’ll see you when you feel like it! :) :thumbsup:

Please take care Jack. During these times .... well, it pays to be prudent.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope it is nothing too serious, Jack. Take care.

Thanks a lot guys, I already feel better than I did this morning :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! I hope y’all are all doing well! May the “Eye” be with you! ;) :D

49679597362_4e5f65e836_o_d.jpg

Nice to see your TEW Ron :) :thumbsup:

Looking around in a drawer in the kitchen and found a dried cayenne pepper we had saved for seed stock. This pepper is a descendant of one I picked up off the ground under a plant at Thomas Jefferson’s home, Monticello a few years ago. There is a nice garden there where they grow quite a few different kinds of vegetables. Pretty nice place to tour back when you could do that kind of thing.

That's an interesting story Les :cool: I'd almost forgotten, but I used to always grow peppers on my kitchen window-sill. I should go back to doing so :thumbsup:

Very good Greg :D Cool pic :cool: That's very attractive horn :) Nice to see one of @Pàdruig 's great Guardian slips too :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack!

When I took that photo I was thinking about both you and @Pàdruig and what a delight it was when the first Guardian's Edition and matching slip arrived. I don't usually carry my knives in a slip, but I've been using this one a bit lately when I carry that knife. I figure, like the knife, it was made to be used, so what better way to honor its maker. :thumbsup:

Nice Horn on your Lambsfoot there Greg!

Thank you kindly, Ron!

I hope you are feeling better Jack !

Yesterday we were finally able to go say hi to our chickadee friends.
They were not as friendly ( or hungry rather as they were in winter :) )

Finally a couple of them decided to be good sports and pose for a pic :)
( I heard one of them say to the other " hey look, that odd dude with the knives and seeds is back ... what do you say , ... should be fly down for a pic ? ) :D
RYhtm7M.jpg

DN2A9eg.jpg

Lmm9Gkr.jpg

I'm back from the look-see by one of my Doctors and he said every thing looks good. But LOOK - No Feeding Tube !!!!:thumbsup: It's eat on my own or starve from now on.:eek: Fat chance of that happening.:rolleyes: And Yes, I have pants on.:) This post meets all Lambfoot requirements. I'm holding one, Charlie's @waynorth WCLF is perched on the white coffee cup and a picture of my last evening's post is on my monitor.:D The left side of my jaw and face are a bit lopsided but what the heck - They cut the original jaw out and put in another one with a bone from my leg.:eek: Ain't life grand!!:)

lCuV4Fr.jpg

Last edited:
I'm back from the look-see by one of my Doctors and he said every thing looks good. But LOOK - No Feeding Tube !!!!:thumbsup: It's eat on my own or starve from now on.:eek: Fat chance of that happening.:rolleyes: And Yes, I have pants on.:) This post meets all Lambfoot requirements. I'm holding one, Charlie's @waynorth WCLF is perched on the white coffee cup and a picture of my last evening's post is on my monitor.:D The left side of my jaw and face are a bit lopsided but what the heck - They cut the original jaw out and put in another one with a bone from my leg.:eek: Ain't life grand!!:)

lCuV4Fr.jpg
Lookin' good, Ed! I'm happy to hear you can resume eating the way God intended us to! I'm also thankful that you are wearing pants!:eek:;)

lCuV4Fr.jpg
Excellent news, ED.
Let the eating begin!!!
What's first on the menu?

lCuV4Fr.jpg
Pretty amazing what they can do, with your help.

Nice to see your TEW Ron :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! :) :thumbsup:

lCuV4Fr.jpg
Way to go Ed! :thumbsup: Now you won’t be jealous of all the food this bunch posts! You’ll be posting your own! :eek: :D

Lookin' good, Ed! I'm happy to hear you can resume eating the way God intended us to! I'm also thankful that you are wearing pants!:eek:;)

Thanks Gary Peregrin Peregrin but it'll mostly have to be soft/softish foods for awhile because they took my bottom teeth but I manage fish, ravioli, hamburger and other things pretty good. It' just a relief to have that tube out of my nose after 90 plus days. I'll be getting some screw-in teeth mid summer I think.

lCuV4Fr.jpg
Great news, Ed! Now you can have that Spam sitting on your desk. :D:D:D

Back