Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Blimey, even worse than Leeds! :eek: :D Here's another reminder David :) :thumbsup:

GgQGoQf.jpg

And one from the Harewood Arms :thumbsup:

I3piZGR.jpg

Thanks Jack, we may get to see those again sometime... :rolleyes:

I’ve had a few brown ales from US craft breweries, but the only one I can’t remember having before from the UK is Newcastle (and that’s been years).

I'm sure Newcastle Brown Ale (Newky Brown) is widely available in N.America. :thumbsup:

I mean, that just makes good sense! :D Just the other day I was thinking about my air-conditioning replacement in terms of how many GEC knives it was going to cost. :confused: :rolleyes:

LOL! I cost things in beer festivals. "How many beer festivals could I visit for the price of that..?"

I'm not saying I wouldn’t try one, but it does seem a bit odd! :D

Nope. Not odd.
Just Wigan. :D

My first Sam Smith’s selection today is the Taddy Porter. I think my biggest takeaway from their beers so far is that each one tastes like a good example of what it’s particular style should taste like. The Pale Ale taste exactly like what you’d want in a good English Pale Ale. The Lager is a solid Lager. And this Porter like I’d expect a good Porter to taste. :thumbsup:

ZraEAv8.jpg

Now that looks like a great place for a sit down. That porter is nice isn't it, but it's a while since I had it myself.

I've had a few US brown ales too :) The Newcastle one dominates the market here, but I think there are better ones :thumbsup:

Hadrian Border do a nice one.
https://www.hadrian-border-brewery.co.uk/our-beers-core-range

And funnily enough Joseph Holt's of Manchester have one, though what it's like I can't say. But it was on sale in our local Asda last week.
https://www.joseph-holt.com/our-beers/manchester-brown-ale

Your AC is looking very spring like there. :thumbsup:

My second homemade pork pie. A tad to much salt with this one but not bad all the same. :)
SbgKAL3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, Jack. :)
I had a wonderful hike along the river. :D

LOL! :D There are far worse ways to spend a day my friend :) :thumbsup:

I had a link to that test in the nytimes.com, but you have to sign in to take it now. :(

I signed in with Google, only took a second though :thumbsup:

Sure it’s noon-ish on a Monday, but it’s 5 o’clock somewhere (6 o’clock in Yorkshire!), and besides, oatmeal is supposed to be for breakfast, so really I should’ve started drinking this a few hours ago. ;) :D

xQ6Jt8a.jpg

(I’m sitting at my knife cabinet oiling knives because it’s so humid in the house with the A/C out of commission. Better safe than sorry!)

The Oatmeal Stout is fantastic! I’m a sucker for stouts anyways, and this one doesn’t disappoint. Nice and toasty, just a little sweetness, not too heavy. I’m really enjoying it. :thumbsup:

Breakfast of Champions Barrett! :D Glad you're enjoying it :) What kind of oil is that? Great pic :thumbsup:

Thank you and deep appreciation to those in the Military, past and and present who have made the ultimate sacrifice, defending our liberty and freedom. A debt that can never fully be repaid. I would submit that all the first responders who have given their lives to protect ours, be included in this august group of Heroes.

Good Afternoon Guardians.
526D7E42-0DA7-4B52-9CDD-E4547317C7A0_zpsgbdfpkgl.jpeg

Well said Harvey, cool pic :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack, we may get to see those again sometime... :rolleyes:

I hope so mate :thumbsup:

That’s a great photo, Jack! Looks like that was a nice day to be drinking outdoors.

Thanks David, I used to have quite a lot of business in Otley and Knaresborough, and would come back that way on the bus, and drop off for a pint or two. I always had the beer garden to myself, and it is such a relaxing place to sit and drink a couple of pints :) :thumbsup:

Hadrian Border do a nice one.
https://www.hadrian-border-brewery.co.uk/our-beers-core-range

And funnily enough Joseph Holt's of Manchester have one, though what it's like I can't say. But it was on sale in our local Asda last week.
https://www.joseph-holt.com/our-beers/manchester-brown-ale

Your AC is looking very spring like there. :thumbsup:

My second homemade pork pie. A tad to much salt with this one but not bad all the same. :)
SbgKAL3.jpg

Thanks David, for both the links, and for the compliment :) That pie looks excellent, well done :thumbsup:

I'm just having my Taddy Porter, and enjoying it very much :) After a long time out of fashion, Porter has had a small renaissance here over the past decade, but many of the small craft breweries could still learn a lot from this classic. I have to agree with what Barrett said earlier, in terms of style, the Sam Smith's bottled ales are exactly as they should be :) :thumbsup:

yF4I9ed.jpg

That's the link, but I can't take it unless I'm signed in on nyt, or through google or facebook.
Oh well. I remember when I took it a few years ago. It said I sounded like someone from a large southern city like Dallas or Atlanta, with a little Pennsylvania mixed in. Scarily accurate, since my parents are from Pittsburgh, and I moved to Dallas at age 12.

Maybe I was signed in with Google and didn’t know it. :confused:

I'm sure Newcastle Brown Ale (Newky Brown) is widely available in N.America. :thumbsup:

It is, and I’ve had it before, although it’s been a long time.

Now that looks like a great place for a sit down. That porter is nice isn't it, but it's a while since I had it myself.

SbgKAL3.jpg

Thanks, David! I spend a lot of time out on the front deck/porch this time of year. :thumbsup: I enjoyed the Porter, although I think I like their Pale Ale and Oatmeal Stout a bit more. I might have to go back later and taste a few of my favorites side by side. :D

Your pork pie looks pretty good! :thumbsup: Maybe you should try it between a couple slices of bread. ;)

Breakfast of Champions Barrett! :D Glad you're enjoying it :) What kind of oil is that? Great pic :thumbsup:

Just regular old mineral oil. I bought a pint sized bottle of it at the pharmacy a few years ago (labeled as “intestinal lubricant” o_O) and I just refill that little squeeze bottle every now and then. I think a pint of the stuff might be a lifetime supply for oiling knives! :D (I don’t plan on using any for the other purpose… :eek:)

I hope everyone's having a pleasant day. We decided to have our main meal as an early lunch. I was on burger and bun (and blade) duty; my wife handled the onion rings.

bdXtuyqh.jpg

Now I think I need a nap. ;)

That looks delicious! :thumbsup:

I'm just having my Taddy Porter, and enjoying it very much :) After a long time out of fashion, Porter has had a small renaissance here over the past decade, but many of the small craft breweries could still learn a lot from this classic. I have to agree with what Barrett said earlier, in terms of style, the Sam Smith's bottled ales are exactly as they should be :) :thumbsup:

yF4I9ed.jpg

Jack, I meant to add this quote to my last post, just to commend you on your matching beer and bottle opener. ;) :D :thumbsup:

I was wondering where you'd got to GT. Good to hear your well and keeping a fine rotation going there. :thumbsup:

Lunch today.
uK9F4ou.jpg

Thanks for the kind words, David. :)
Looks like you had a delicious lunch in a lovely locale! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

It's good to see you here GT, and seeing those three together is almost a sensory overload! :eek: ;) :thumbsup:

VERY cool Gary :cool: :) :thumbsup:
I don't even want to talk about the day I've had today :mad: Getting locked out of the house was actually the least of it o_O Anyway...
Thanks, as always, for the encouraging words, Jack. :)
Now that we're more than a week past the Sunday you didn't want to talk about, is it far enough in the past that you can look back now and laugh?? :rolleyes:;)

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!
8YZNbQK.jpg
Splendid shot of your stag HHB, Dennis! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs Howdy, GT. Sounds like your plate is quite full. Lovely tour. Hope the sailing gets smoother as your teaching adapts to to the times.
Joseph Rodgers.
62F48AF1-A66F-4349-9C6F-98CE3FD23ED1_zpscqyjx1ah.jpeg
I just love this lil'un...
View attachment 1342524
Thanks for the supportive comments, Harvey. :)
Both of your Joseph Rodgers are ravishing! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

A couple pics of Jake from the last few days.
I hope y'all are doing well.
49893730828_232b431ced_h.jpg
Good old Jake
It up can shake!! :rolleyes::cool::cool:

Guardians, I’m curious, what was it that first attracted you to the lambsfoot? When you got your first, what surprised you the most?
Intriguing question, Greg, and I've enjoyed reading everyone's responses. :cool::cool::thumbsup:
My first lambsfoot (September 2015) was Man Jack, the stag senator pattern I won in a GAW sponsored by @R.c.s, a BF member from Manchester, England; frankly, I was more interested in the stag covers than in the lambsfoot blade. :rolleyes: About 6 months later, I also purchased Lamb Shark, a Taylor-Schrade 19OT, which seemed to be an inexpensive non-British lambsfoot. I tried using each of those knives a few times, but I didn't think they cut very well for me. It wasn't until the Guardians thread started in the summer of 2016 that I gave a lambsfoot blade a truly serious and lengthy try, and discovered that I had been trying to use them like the spear and clip blades I was familiar with, but I needed to adapt my techniques to the lambsfoot blade: point-on-the-table pull cuts. In the spring of 2017, my wife and daughter spent some time in UK and bought me Union Jack, my rosewood lambsfoot, in York, and that knife really "sealed the deal" as far as my interest in lambsfoot-bladed knives. I wouldn't say the lambsfoot is my favorite blade shape, but it's certainly in the top 3, and I always proudly carry a lambsfoot in my Guardians sheath.

Rainy Sunday here. Hope you Guardians are all doing well!!
View attachment 1342287
Superb snakewood Damlamb, Taylor! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

After seeing many photos of all the fine desert ironwood Guardians lambsfoot knives, I think I've decided that I admire the grain in yours the most, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Great post, GT! I’m always interested when I come across one of those little libraries, although I have to admit, I’ve rarely looked in one and seen much worth taking. Then again, I’ve never done my part in contributing to one, either. (I am, admittedly, a bit of a book hoarder.) :confused: :D

I do like the unique design of that one. I wonder if, being sort of church-affiliated (in addition to church-shaped), someone has been tasked with keeping it stocked with a Bible?
Barrett, I occasionally check out the mostly-religious contents (there's a partition inside the "church" and who ever tends it keeps kids' books in one section and grown-ups' books in the other), but I've never seen a Bible in there.

Good Morning Guardians
I get to go into work today, a nice treat.
Lots of meetings ahead but it will be nice to be out of the house.
Were your meetings face-to-face, John, with everyone carrying yard sticks to maintain appropriate social distancing? My ID card doesn't even work in the card-reader locks on my campus anymore, and recent emails to staff/faculty suggest that we'll all be expected to report temperature readings and fill out other paperwork every time we expect to be on campus in the future. :eek:

I've had a busy day, but just been out for some recreational cardboard cutting :rolleyes: I have beer stacked all around the house, and am looking forward to tucking into it, including re-exploring the Sam Smiths range :) :thumbsup:

iIfKlM7.jpg
Looks like you had a successful raid on Tadcaster, Jack! :D:thumbsup::cool: Subsequent posts indicate that, as so often happens, you started a trend among the Guardians! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: I fondly remember Taddy Porter and Oatmeal Stout as my introduction to the world beyond American lagers - a life-changing experience! :cool::cool::) But what's with the "organic" labels on so many of those Sam Smith brews? What does that mean for beer? I'm not sure I've seen that on beer where I typically buy mine (but I'm not the most observant guy in the world :rolleyes:).

Since then, I've accumulated a few more but that's the nature of the game -- Isn't it???

XSpLxjk.jpg

Great post in answer to Greg's question, ED! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: And an impressive flock you've put together!

- GT

I've just got these two so far, but I was lucky enough to win one of Jack's SFOs in a giveaway so it will be interesting to see how the GECs compare to the "real deal" once it arrives.
0cr5hIs.jpg

Like most all have conveyed, my attraction to the knife is twofold. First, the knife just feels right - it's utilitarian yet somehow elegant. Second, the folks that hang out at the Guardians section of the porch are very welcoming, knowledgeable, and fun to be around. Every day it seems we learn some history, see some amazing food, experience nature, and I don't think I've ever seen any of the snarkiness that sometimes appears in an internet forum. For sure thanks to Jack for sharing his love of the pattern, to Charlie for championing it to GEC, and to all the porch dwelling Guardians who make this a fun group to "belong to".
Great post and unforgettable knives!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

We’ve been a little busy here today. In between rain showers I managed to cut and load this old decking materials. The bed on my Silverado was loaded level full, all 1192 lbs. :eek: Here’s my Rosewood Bigun posing for a photo before I tossed the lumber in the dumpster at the landfill! :thumbsup: :D

49909798243_f837a8bec9_o_d.jpg
Looks like you've been working hard, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Can't believe you're just tossing all that great whittling stock, though! :eek::D

And a great looking "Choice" to return to the herd, GT!:cool::thumbsup: Look forward to summer vacation to see more of your posts!;)
Thanks, Dennis. :)
Great shot of your blond horn! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! I’m smiling so big this morning it’s making my jaws sore! :D I’d like to introduce y’all to the newest addition to my Lambsfoot collection! ...

It’s a William Rodgers Sheffield, Horn weeun! :D I really can’t believe how pristine this knife is. It looks like a factory edge. As is common the Horn on the mark side is a little nicer than on the pile side. ...
Congrats on your new acquisition, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

I know y’all won’t believe this, but somehow the above disappeared from my original quote! :rolleyes: I wholeheartedly agree with your statements Dennis! Especially this part...."Guardians, come for the knives, stay for the friends"! Very well stated Dennis! :thumbsup: :cool:
Yep, I've often heard "Come for the knives, stay for the people" applied to The Porch in general, and I think that's very accurate. Certainly applies to the Guardians, too! :thumbsup::):cool::thumbsup:

Getting my first haircut since before all this lockdown mess started. No birds flying around in here so I feel pretty safe. :D
View attachment 1343170
I take mine down to a #2 Les, but I'm still looking forward to visiting the barbers again :) :thumbsup:
My wife buzzed my head last week for the first time since the end of January; life is a little simpler now! ;) A #2 guard was my preference, but somehow we've lost that one, so now I have to decide between a #1 and a #3.

A pic of Rosie on an auxiliary hunt to a past elk stalk.

FAKXuXe.jpg
Great to see Rosie, Dylan! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I know the feeling Dylan, my girlfriend teaches college, and she works way in excess of a hundred hours a week :eek: Personally I think she's crazy (even though I've been a teacher myself)! :rolleyes:
I probably did 60+ hour weeks routinely throughout my career, but even when I was just getting started and had to invent course from scratch, I don't think I ever did 100 hour weeks! :eek: If "crazy" doesn't apply now, I fear it soon might for her! :rolleyes:

This afternoon I spent some time out on the porch with the newest member of the Guardians of the Lambsfoot Youth Auxiliary. :)

Ar7BPBF.jpg
Cool pic, Barrett :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:; I get that reaction a lot when I start telling people about my knives! :rolleyes:

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone is well.

ySDkO5V.jpg
Stupendous stag, Rob! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
I carry a Lambsfoot...

So I'm always prepared for Wooden Wednesday... and possibly even Black Friday. :D
:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

LamBarJack for me this week:
hhb2.mark.Vflat.bootfront.jpg

- GT

Barrett, I occasionally check out the mostly-religious contents (there's a partition inside the "church" and who ever tends it keeps kids' books in one section and grown-ups' books in the other), but I've never seen a Bible in there.

I formed that hypothesis mostly based on the fact that there was a Bible in it in your picture, on the far left. ;) :D

I formed that hypothesis mostly based on the fact that there was a Bible in it in your picture, on the far left. ;) :D
That just goes to show you how nervous I STILL am taking knife photos in public! :rolleyes: I was so busy trying to get my pics that I didn't even notice what was in the box! :eek: (I think I mentioned in one of my recent posts that I'm not the most observant guy in the world. ;))

Speaking of observations, I DID notice in your pic of the boxes you broke down recently using an ebony lambsfoot (I think) that there were at least a couple of boxes from Target. Is Target a go-to retailer in Minnesota? I've personally been in a Target store or on the Target website fewer than 5 times in my life, but I think my daughter, who has lived in Minneapolis the past couple of years, goes to Target a LOT; I think that might even be her main grocery store.

Another photo of LamBarJack:
hhb2.mark.Vstand.palette.jpg

- GT

My test results, it nailed me! I lived near Jackson Ms a large portion of my first 38 years before I moved away permanently.

DMChsMt.png

Old picture of a knife I bought over a year ago, sent it to Glenn around the end of last year, has a cracked bolster and a substantial amount of side to side blade play, hopefully he can work his magic and fix those issues, if so it will be sporting new covers when it comes home. I'm not a fan of the bois durci or whatever plastic feeling compound they are made from.

ZbvG1CD.jpg

Were your meetings face-to-face, John, with everyone carrying yard sticks to maintain appropriate social distancing?
Well, since I drove to the meetings in my car, which is statistically much more dangerous in my county, I took my chances and left my yard stick at home. ;)

That just goes to show you how nervous I STILL am taking knife photos in public! :rolleyes: I was so busy trying to get my pics that I didn't even notice what was in the box! :eek: (I think I mentioned in one of my recent posts that I'm not the most observant guy in the world. ;))

Speaking of observations, I DID notice in your pic of the boxes you broke down recently using an ebony lambsfoot (I think) that there were at least a couple of boxes from Target. Is Target a go-to retailer in Minnesota? I've personally been in a Target store or on the Target website fewer than 5 times in my life, but I think my daughter, who has lived in Minneapolis the past couple of years, goes to Target a LOT; I think that might even be her main grocery store.

View attachment 1347217

- GT

No worries, GT! :D I enjoy zooming in and “browsing” the selections anytime someone posts a photo of one of those little libraries. :thumbsup:

Yep, Target is based out of Minneapolis, so they’re popular here. The larger stores have pretty much everything any other grocery store would have; we do about half our grocery shopping at Target, half at Costco.

The Minnesota Twins play at Target Field, which is across the street from Target Center, where the Timberwolves play.

lBjjXhy.jpg

Ironically, Northwest Arkansas, where I grew up, is the home of Walmart. :rolleyes: :D

A little recycled Lambsfoot content:

qtSrsp1.jpg

Sorry to hear that Dennis, rotten :( Hope you're feeling better soon my friend, t
Thanks, Jack. Just comes in cycles now, it'll pass. :):thumbsup:
Great pic, Dennis. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Thank you very much, mi hombre!
Like that photo, Dennis. :cool::thumbsup:
Those rowels look very tame, you must have had well behaved horses.
I'm betting you could whip out a sweet set of straps for those spurs now.
Hey, thanks buddy! The rowles are killers, plus they'll conduct electronic!:D My grandfather made those for my oldest son, leather and all, so I guess I'll let them be as is, but that would be a fun "little" project to sink my spurs into!:rolleyes::confused::D
When my son was going through Vo-Tech for welder, he made me the guitar paper weight.
Although you can't see it clearly, here I am on the way to mow the yards with a Buffalo Horn covered "Big-un". I had another knife in a pocket but it has to remain "unmentionable" in this Lambfoot thread.

RtDmijH.jpg
Hey, your looking good, Ed! I miss the therapeutic job of mowing when we lived out in the country on a couple of acres. Sure can get lost in thought...till you run over the cat!:D:thumbsup:
Morning Guardians, hope everyone is doing OK, thought I'd carry my AC for a change :) :thumbsup:

HIWCVEt.jpg
Man, that is a great looking SUPERLATIVE Lambsfoot!!:eek::thumbsup:
With page 2000 swiftly approaching, I thought we'd better have a giveaway :) I managed to find one of the 10 knives I had made up with vintage African Rosewood covers...

vturM74.jpg
I am definitely in, Jack! Don't have a Rosewood, and my small but mighty herd could use some company! Great looking knife my friend!
Great shot, José, wonderful contrast!
This is Jack Blacks Jack Black Jack Black SFO Hartshead Barlow with Rosewood covers. According to Jack, there were only twenty (20) of the Hartshead Barlow knives made with Rosewood Covers.

When New:
1Yn00Jx.jpg

Used a Bit:
Rare and incredibly handsome knife, Ed!
Happy Monday Guardians and Happy Memorial Day to my fellow US members! A special day calls for a special knife, so I think I'll slip this one into the pocket. Plan to smoke some spare ribs today and hopefully get the kayaks out with the kids for a bit.
YRBS3EI.jpg
Same to you, AnW, and to Ed Modoc ED Modoc ED and whomever I missed!:cool::thumbsup:

Great looking WCLF!:thumbsup: Perfect for the day!
Nice!:thumbsup:

A natural beauty of a photo!:cool::thumbsup:
Back from my quick little fishing trip.
Had no luck, didn't even see a fish or anything.
But it was really nice to get up to the mountains for about an hour.
Folks already covered this pretty well, glad you got some nice fresh air and a temporary change of venue!
Thank you and deep appreciation to those in the Military, past and and present who have made the ultimate sacrifice, defending our liberty and freedom. A debt that can never fully be repaid. I would submit that all the first responders who have given their lives to protect ours, be included in this august group of Heroes.

Good Afternoon Guardians.
526D7E42-0DA7-4B52-9CDD-E4547317C7A0_zpsgbdfpkgl.jpeg
Thanks, Harvey ...
And a great photo! Was the flag for your father?
SbgKAL3.jpg
All looks from here, David...but where's the appropriate beverage?:D:thumbsup:
I have to agree with what Barrett said earlier, in terms of style, the Sam Smith's bottled ales are exactly as they should be :) :thumbsup:

yF4I9ed.jpg
Looks great Jack! Liquid bread, looks like it could float a ship!:cool::thumbsup:
I hope everyone's having a pleasant day. We decided to have our main meal as an early lunch. I was on burger and bun (and blade) duty; my wife handled the onion rings.

bdXtuyqh.jpg

Perfect!! :cool::thumbsup:
Splendid shot of your stag HHB, Dennis! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Dennis. :)
Great shot of your blond horn! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Thank you for the compliments, Gary!!:):thumbsup:
hhb2-mark-vflat-bootfront-jpg.1347181

hhb2-mark-vstand-palette-jpg.1347217
Another from the exclusive "1 of 20" Club! Great looking LambBar Jack, Gary!:cool::thumbsup:
Old picture of a knife I bought over a year ago, sent it to Glenn around the end of last year, has a cracked bolster and a substantial amount of side to side blade play, hopefully he can work his magic and fix those issues, if so it will be sporting new covers when it comes home. I'm not a fan of the bois durci or whatever plastic feeling compound they are made from.

ZbvG1CD.jpg
Great looking knife, can't wait to see it with some new covers!:cool::thumbsup:
A good 'ol fashioned Memorial Day BBQ
Delicious, perfect way to spend the day, John!:cool:

qtSrsp1.jpg
Great Family Photo! The pattern on the horn covers are memorizing!:thumbsup:

Have a great Tuesday!:):thumbsup:
A recycled for today...
P8Wgi1E.jpg

bdXtuyqh.jpg

That looks mighty tasty :) Nice pic of your Lambsfoot too Greg :thumbsup:

Maybe I was signed in with Google and didn’t know it. :confused:

Maybe you visited the site before? :confused:

Just regular old mineral oil. I bought a pint sized bottle of it at the pharmacy a few years ago (labeled as “intestinal lubricant” o_O) and I just refill that little squeeze bottle every now and then. I think a pint of the stuff might be a lifetime supply for oiling knives! :D (I don’t plan on using any for the other purpose… :eek:)

Good stuff Barrett (sadly, they stopped selling it in pharmacies here, some years ago, for some reason) :thumbsup: I thought it might be camellia oil - came highly recommended, made a real mess of some of my old knives o_O

Jack, I meant to add this quote to my last post, just to commend you on your matching beer and bottle opener. ;) :D :thumbsup:

Thank you for noticing my friend! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks, as always, for the encouraging words, Jack. :)
Now that we're more than a week past the Sunday you didn't want to talk about, is it far enough in the past that you can look back now and laugh?? :rolleyes:;)

Maybe after the decorating is done, and I get a new cooker, but probably unlikely to be a subject for future mirth round at Grumble Towers I'm afraid :rolleyes:

Intriguing question, Greg, and I've enjoyed reading everyone's responses. :cool::cool::thumbsup:
My first lambsfoot (September 2015) was Man Jack, the stag senator pattern I won in a GAW sponsored by @R.c.s, a BF member from Manchester, England; frankly, I was more interested in the stag covers than in the lambsfoot blade. :rolleyes: About 6 months later, I also purchased Lamb Shark, a Taylor-Schrade 19OT, which seemed to be an inexpensive non-British lambsfoot. I tried using each of those knives a few times, but I didn't think they cut very well for me. It wasn't until the Guardians thread started in the summer of 2016 that I gave a lambsfoot blade a truly serious and lengthy try, and discovered that I had been trying to use them like the spear and clip blades I was familiar with, but I needed to adapt my techniques to the lambsfoot blade: point-on-the-table pull cuts. In the spring of 2017, my wife and daughter spent some time in UK and bought me Union Jack, my rosewood lambsfoot, in York, and that knife really "sealed the deal" as far as my interest in lambsfoot-bladed knives. I wouldn't say the lambsfoot is my favorite blade shape, but it's certainly in the top 3, and I always proudly carry a lambsfoot in my Guardians sheath.

Interesting account Gary, thanks for sharing ;) :thumbsup:

Looks like you had a successful raid on Tadcaster, Jack! :D:thumbsup::cool: Subsequent posts indicate that, as so often happens, you started a trend among the Guardians! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: I fondly remember Taddy Porter and Oatmeal Stout as my introduction to the world beyond American lagers - a life-changing experience! :cool::cool::) But what's with the "organic" labels on so many of those Sam Smith brews? What does that mean for beer? I'm not sure I've seen that on beer where I typically buy mine (but I'm not the most observant guy in the world :rolleyes:).

Only a virtual one this time I'm afraid :D I noticed the prominent 'organic' labels too. I'm pretty sure the beers aren't brewed any differently to how they have been brewed in the past, but perhaps they have just found another market. The only shop I know in Leeds city centre which regularly stocks Sam Smith's beers (just a small selection) is a sort of wholefood shop, though they sell them at a higher price, and when I was trying to get a beer delivery last month, the only place I could find that would deliver Sam Smith's was a large organic foods supplier in Sheffield :thumbsup:

My wife buzzed my head last week for the first time since the end of January; life is a little simpler now! ;) A #2 guard was my preference, but somehow we've lost that one, so now I have to decide between a #1 and a #3.

I've had the same dilemma, in the past, myself GT! :D :thumbsup:

I probably did 60+ hour weeks routinely throughout my career, but even when I was just getting started and had to invent course from scratch, I don't think I ever did 100 hour weeks! :eek: If "crazy" doesn't apply now, I fear it soon might for her! :rolleyes:

I may have exaggerated Gary, I think most weeks, she works 90-odd hours a week, but a weekend conference, which she has to attend not infrequently, or an Ofsted inspection, for example, can easily pile on extra hours. She works 6 day weeks, and often 7 day weeks, and her work days vary from 9 1/2 to 13 1/2 hours, not including preparation and marking time. I really don't think it's healthy to be working that much, and tell her this to no avail o_O When I was a youth-worker, I regularly worked 70-odd hour weeks, but I wouldn't choose to go back to it :rolleyes:

View attachment 1347181

View attachment 1347217

Great pics :) :thumbsup:

ZbvG1CD.jpg

Looking forward to seeing more @glennbad magic Rob! :) :thumbsup:

A good 'ol fashioned Memorial Day BBQ

Hope you enjoyed it John :) :thumbsup:

qtSrsp1.jpg

Always welcome ;) You've made those knives look stunning Barrett :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. Just comes in cycles now, it'll pass. :):thumbsup:

I hope it passes soon Dennis :thumbsup:

Man, that is a great looking SUPERLATIVE Lambsfoot!!:eek::thumbsup:

Thanks buddy :) :thumbsup:

I am definitely in, Jack! Don't have a Rosewood, and my small but mighty herd could use some company! Great looking knife my friend!

Sorry Dennis, the idea was that you entered on behalf of someone who doesn't have a Lambsfoot :) I'm a bit disappointed that nobody has entered in the 24+ hours since I made the post, so I'm going to pull it for now, maybe another time :( :thumbsup:

Looks great Jack! Liquid bread, looks like it could float a ship!:cool::thumbsup:

Thanks pal :) :thumbsup:

Have a great Tuesday!:):thumbsup:
A recycled for today...
P8Wgi1E.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Cool pic :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone is doing OK. I have a few deliveries coming today, so might have to stay close to home - not that I really have anywhere to roam :rolleyes: Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

daE4plq.jpg

If the blade is polished Barrett, as it looks, it's Indonesian Rosewood, I think I had 10 made like that when John Maleham still had the firm :thumbsup:

It is polished, with no blade etch. Thanks for the info! Makes it even more special, although the I guess I can’t really say it’s my favorite non-SFO Lambsfoot now. ;) :D

Always welcome ;) You've made those knives look stunning Barrett :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack! The knife on top in that photo was my first Lambsfoot, ordered from a shop in Sheffield (apparently it’s famous). It’s a nice enough knife, although I’d say now it’s one of my least favorites of all the Lambsfoot knives I have. The polished blade on it is unlike any other Wright’s Lambsfoot I have: no swedge at all, with a tiny nail nick, and an edge that’s noticeably upswept near the tip as opposed to actually straight. Here it is compared to a standard Ebony.

VE1qZRe.jpg

…the idea was that you entered on behalf of someone who doesn't have a Lambsfoot :) I'm a bit disappointed that nobody has entered in the 24+ hours since I made the post, so I'm going to pull it for now, maybe another time :( :thumbsup:

Sorry, Jack. :( I thought the idea was great, but struggled to think of someone to nominate.

After seeing many photos of all the fine desert ironwood Guardians lambsfoot knives, I think I've decided that I admire the grain in yours the most, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thank you so much for your kindness, Gary.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back