Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

It could be worse...

amsterdam%20coffeeshop%201-xlarge.jpg

:eek: :D

Hey there Guardians!
Jack my friend - is that a cafe in Amsterdam?
Looks very familiar to one Sue and I passed during our long walks around. If it is - my daughter went to it when she was there lol.

I share your thoughts about Chin! A nice guy to see around the Porch! Life takes us in directions we would never dream of at times, I hope Chins one is a good change if he has gone away from the Forums!

Well, I just read on another thread that @Henry Beige does not have a lambsfoot yet so I would like to nominate him.
I don't go out of the Guardians thread much this days because I am a fanatical cult member LOL, so I don't know Henry or why I would nominate him ..... except that he finds the lambsfoot appealing and he missed the feeding frenzy :D.
(I hope it qualifies as an entry, if not, perhaps another Guardian can help and give a reason as to why he should have one).

The lambsfoot is appealing, but I missed the feeding frenzy on those and haven’t got one yet.

Hello Guardians!

I’m duly chastised and apologetic for my absence. :oops:

I’m also humbled and grateful for your kind words, concern and friendship - it’s a rare thing to have a corner of the ‘net marked by such graciousness, generosity and genuine care and cameraderie for our fellow enthusiasts.

It wasn’t really a planned thing - as Jack mentioned, a number of things can all contribute to a regular poster’s absence.

In my case I guess it was a combination of working longer hours and having less spare time in general, as well as researching some other interests.

We’ve all been living in interesting times recently, but here in Australia we’ve experienced some particularly apocalyptic events, even before the Covid-19 pandemic.

Although the bushfires which raged up and down the Eastern seaboard of Australia earlier this year didn’t affect this part of Victoria (much of the forested part of the state was already burnt in the 2009 Black Saturday bushfires), somehow my appetite for posting seemed a little frivolous with so many people here losing everything.

Then there were the floods, and funnily enough during this whole lockdown period I’ve been working more than ever, being employed in an essential industry.

Anyway, I hope you’re all well, my friends and not suffering from too much cabin fever!

Greg, thanks for the kind words about the Lambshank - it would be great to make some extra ones for you all, but I’m afraid I don’t have the grinding gear at hand to do it at the moment. It would be quite an expensive knife, as the handle is completely 3D contoured by hand, but if I ever do make more, rest assured that the Guardians would of course be given first option.

gBz67vx.jpg

y635Wdk.jpg

Winter’s here now, and the leaves are dropping on my chilli bushes.

Here’s a pic from a little while ago:

MatHGkc.jpg

Ebony big’un with a Sri Lankan chilli pepper, crumbed and stuffed with Kingfish curry.

fYq0ROP.jpg

Jack, some time ago you asked about some of my sharpening gear, so I’ve included a bit of kit for an upcoming sharpening project in this pic with three of my most treasured Lambsfoot knives.

Ilvnxf3.jpg

The vials are 50K and 100K grit diamond powders I bought from a gemstone lapidary, which I’m planning to make some high concentration stropping pastes with.:)

There’s also a strongly magnetic chunk of raw volcanic iron from Western Victoria, and a frond of Antarctic Tree Fern from the garden.

The knives need no introduction, I’m sure.;)

Ok, I’ll have to sign off now and head in to work, but I’m looking forward to catching up with you all!:)

Last edited:
LOL! That's disappointing Kevin :D ;) Nice pic of your Lambsfoot my friend, I like your slip :) :thumbsup:
Just goes to show you that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.;)
Thanks, Jack. That slip was made by the same good buddy that made that other one you commented on awhile back.

Appropriate reading.
As the late great Charlie Mike used to say " Stay armed, stay alert, stay alive, hooa " ;)
That Lambsfoot display is pretty cool. It is a shame that so many small family owned shops are closing down. :(
It looks like you had a nice walk in some beautiful scenery.

I had the little ox horn Lamb with me today.
49957317798_94f2f2fe47_h.jpg

Hello Guardians!

I’m also humbled and grateful for your kind words and friendship - it’s a rare thing to have a corner of the ‘net marked by such graciousness, generosity and genuine care and cameraderie for our fellow enthusiasts.

It wasn’t really a planned thing - as Jack mentioned, a number of things can all contribute to a regular poster’s absence.

In my case I guess it was a combination of working longer hours and having less spare time in general, as well as researching some other interests.

We’ve all been living in interesting times recently, but here in Australia we’ve experienced some particularly apocalyptic events, even before the Covid-19 pandemic.

Although the bushfires which raged up and down the Eastern seaboard of Australia earlier this year didn’t affect this part of Victoria (much of the forested part of the state was already burnt in the 2009 Black Saturday bushfires), somehow my appetite for posting seemed a little frivolous with so many people here losing everything.

Then there were the floods, and funnily enough during this whole lockdown period I’ve been working more than ever, being employed in an essential industry.

Anyway, I hope you’re all well, my friends and not suffering from too much cabin fever!

Greg, thanks for the kind words about the Lambshank - it would be great to make some extra ones for you all, but I’m afraid I don’t have the grinding gear at hand to do it at the moment. It would be quite an expensive knife, as the handle is completely 3D contoured by hand, but if I ever do make more, rest assured that the Guardians would of course be given first option.

gBz67vx.jpg

y635Wdk.jpg

MatHGkc.jpg

Ebony big’un with a Sri Lankan chilli pepper, crumbed and stuffed with Kingfish curry.

fYq0ROP.jpg

Jack, some time ago you asked about some of my sharpening gear, so I’ve included a bit of kit for an upcoming sharpening project in this pic with three of my most treasured Lambsfoot knives.

Ilvnxf3.jpg

The vials are 50K and 100K grit diamond powders I bought from a gemstone lapidary, which I’m planning to make some high concentration stropping pastes with.:)

There’s also a strongly magnetic chunk of raw volcanic iron from Western Victoria, and a frond of Antarctic Tree Fern from the garden.

Ok, I’ll have to sign off now and head in to work, but I’m looking forward to catching up with you all!:)
Good to hear from you, Chin. Great post. :thumbsup:

Hello Guardians!

I’m also humbled and grateful for your kind words and friendship - it’s a rare thing to have a corner of the ‘net marked by such graciousness, generosity and genuine care and cameraderie for our fellow enthusiasts.

gBz67vx.jpg

y635Wdk.jpg

MatHGkc.jpg

fYq0ROP.jpg

Ilvnxf3.jpg

It’s great to see you Chin! Check back when you can! :)

Jack Black Jack Black - Fine assortment of liquid refreshments.:thumbsup: How was the Homebrew?

Thanks Harvey, the Homebrew will need 24 hours to settle, but it's been good in the past :) :thumbsup:

Glad you got your Jammie Dodgers John :D :thumbsup:

Hey there Guardians!
Jack my friend - is that a cafe in Amsterdam?
Looks very familiar to one Sue and I passed during our long walks around. If it is - my daughter went to it when she was there lol.

I share your thoughts about Chin! A nice guy to see around the Porch! Life takes us in directions we would never dream of at times, I hope Chins one is a good change if he has gone away from the Forums!

It is a cafe in Amsterdam Duncan, just a filched image from the internet. Images of that cafe were quite prominent, so there's every chance that's the one :D :thumbsup:

Well, I just read on another thread that @Henry Beige does not have a lambsfoot yet so I would like to nominate him.
I don't go out of the Guardians thread much this days because I am a fanatical cult member LOL, so I don't know Henry or why I would nominate him ..... except that he finds the lambsfoot appealing and he missed the feeding frenzy :D.
(I hope it qualifies as an entry, if not, perhaps another Guardian can help and give a reason as to why he should have one).

Good research Dan, I'll add Henry to the list of nominees :) :thumbsup:

Exactly what a well-loved Lambsfoot should look like Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Hello Guardians!

I’m also humbled and grateful for your kind words, concern and friendship - it’s a rare thing to have a corner of the ‘net marked by such graciousness, generosity and genuine care and cameraderie for our fellow enthusiasts.

gBz67vx.jpg

y635Wdk.jpg

MatHGkc.jpg

fYq0ROP.jpg

Ilvnxf3.jpg

Great to see you here Chin :) It's a good job we all said nice things about you! :D ;) :thumbsup: Thanks for the fantastic photos my friend :) Stay safe, and I hope we see you again before too long :thumbsup:

Just goes to show you that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.;)
Thanks, Jack. That slip was made by the same good buddy that made that other one you commented on awhile back.

As the late great Charlie Mike used to say " Stay armed, stay alert, stay alive, hooa " ;)
That Lambsfoot display is pretty cool. It is a shame that so many small family owned shops are closing down. :(
It looks like you had a nice walk in some beautiful scenery.

I had the little ox horn Lamb with me today.
49957317798_94f2f2fe47_h.jpg

Indeed ;) Great quote from Charlie Mike :) Cool pic Kevin :cool: :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians, I hope everyone had a safe and peaceful weekend. Another sunny day here in Yorkshire :thumbsup:

DMFkMza.jpg

Thanks Harvey, the Homebrew will need 24 hours to settle, but it's been good in the past :) :thumbsup:

Glad you got your Jammie Dodgers John :D :thumbsup:

It is a cafe in Amsterdam Duncan, just a filched image from the internet. Images of that cafe were quite prominent, so there's every chance that's the one :D :thumbsup:

Good research Dan, I'll add Henry to the list of nominees :) :thumbsup:

Exactly what a well-loved Lambsfoot should look like Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Great to see you here Chin :) It's a good job we all said nice things about you! :D ;) :thumbsup: Thanks for the fantastic photos my friend :) Stay safe, and I hope we see you again before too long :thumbsup:

Indeed ;) Great quote from Charlie Mike :) Cool pic Kevin :cool: :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians, I hope everyone had a safe and peaceful weekend. Another sunny day here in Yorkshire :thumbsup:

DMFkMza.jpg
Hello Jack, I reached out to Chin and he replied to my message. He is doing well. The unplanned absence from the porch may be over! I was so glad to hear from him and even happier to see his recent posting.

Hello Guardians!

gBz67vx.jpg

y635Wdk.jpg

MatHGkc.jpg

fYq0ROP.jpg

Ilvnxf3.jpg

Great to see your posting Chin. And even better to read your response to my PM. I very happy to see you back here with the Guardians Forum.

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

Back